DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling

Notices

Heating & Cooling 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Dodg Ram 1500 BigHorn
Rep:10
johnefire52 is on a distinguished road
Default 2014 Dodge Ram Coolant Problem

hello I am new to this site and a new owner of a 2014 dodge ram bighorn 4x4, my vehicle has 6300kms on it and I am having issues with the coolant. Problem: back in October the vent and engine compartment smelt like road kill. took it back to the dealership they cleaned a/c unit and sent me home. Smell came back when engine heated up. took it back this time they had it for a week. said the checked under hood took apart the passenger side front wheel well area wiped it down. They the dealership in formed me that it most likely a dead animal stuck somewhere in the engine area and if they locate it the costs will be mine because they swore it was not the engine but would not give that to me in writing. So took truck to my personal garage checked for this so called dead animal nothing found. Thought that I would check the coolant level and once the cap was removed found that god awful smell. I contacted the dealership told them what I had located and wondered why the mechanic that worked on my truck never checked it. Truck taken back coolant flushed said problem solved. 2 hours later after I reclaimed my truck smell was back. So the truck still sits at the dealership. Does anyone experiences this issue with any Ram Products.
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 QC 4X4 HEMI RAM
Trim Level: Thunder Road
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:418
hydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nice

I think it's that HOAT antifreeze. Flush that crap out and replace with good old Prestone 150,000 mile antifreeze (For all vehicles) Dealer may tell you water pump will blow up, etc. Guess what, I took that crap out of both of my hemis when new! Always have run the Prestone 50/50. Now my Magnum has almost 300,000 miles, Ram almost 200,000 miles on Prestone , never a problem. And no stink. I change every 100,000 miles. Walmart sells it cheap.
Inertia Spartan Plus cam, Circle D 3,000 rpm stall converter,Sonnax line pressure booster, Vararam, JBA's with cut outs, Borla duals, Rancho 9000's,3:92's, extra rear leaf. 200,000 miles To Hell and back. 14.2/96 mph NEDW
Old 12-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Thegreatwaz00 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2014 1500 and my wife says it smells like dead fish. Any identification of the smell?
Old 03-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
jtodd5781 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnefire52 View Post
hello I am new to this site and a new owner of a 2014 dodge ram bighorn 4x4, my vehicle has 6300kms on it and I am having issues with the coolant. Problem: back in October the vent and engine compartment smelt like road kill. took it back to the dealership they cleaned a/c unit and sent me home. Smell came back when engine heated up. took it back this time they had it for a week. said the checked under hood took apart the passenger side front wheel well area wiped it down. They the dealership in formed me that it most likely a dead animal stuck somewhere in the engine area and if they locate it the costs will be mine because they swore it was not the engine but would not give that to me in writing. So took truck to my personal garage checked for this so called dead animal nothing found. Thought that I would check the coolant level and once the cap was removed found that god awful smell. I contacted the dealership told them what I had located and wondered why the mechanic that worked on my truck never checked it. Truck taken back coolant flushed said problem solved. 2 hours later after I reclaimed my truck smell was back. So the truck still sits at the dealership. Does anyone experiences this issue with any Ram Products.
They should have replaced all coolant hoses along with fishing the system.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 ram 4x4
Trim Level: slt
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
timberr is on a distinguished road
Default 2014 ram rotting meat smell

I have the same issue, 7500 km on the truck and I am unable to drive it because of the horrid rotting meat smell coming for the coolant overflow, I have taken it to the dealer where I purchased it, they know now what the problem is but dodge currently has no fix, so now I'm stuck with 50 k truck under 2 months old that I am unable to drive!!