DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits


Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-07-2013, 11:44 AM
5.2firefighter's Avatar
5.2firefighter 5.2firefighter is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ormond Beach, Florida
Age: 16
Posts: 47
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: White/Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 0
Rep:11
5.2firefighter is on a distinguished road
Default Bedliner

Ok guys, when i pickup my truck, my first mod is bedliner, i want a product that i can spray or roll on myself but will last and not chip, what product do you recommend? Also if you could recommend a good undercoat as i plan on undercoating the frame. Thanks in advance.
__________________
Still looking for the right one!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 11-08-2013, 10:30 AM
CHAT2TRISTAN's Avatar
CHAT2TRISTAN CHAT2TRISTAN is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: TORONTO
Posts: 31
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 SPORT
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: BLACK
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:13
CHAT2TRISTAN is on a distinguished road
Default

Honestly the best thing to do is get the truck Rhino sprayed by a professional. The Rhino lining in Canada at least is lifetime warrantied so its well worth it. We spray Rhino where I work and I see trucks that people have beaten and the Rhino still looks great.
__________________
If you can't Dodge em RAM em!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Kamanhart's Avatar
Kamanhart Kamanhart is offline
Man Up And Cam Up
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Peoria, Il
Age: 22
Posts: 968
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:1029
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAT2TRISTAN View Post
Honestly the best thing to do is get the truck Rhino sprayed by a professional. The Rhino lining in Canada at least is lifetime warrantied so its well worth it. We spray Rhino where I work and I see trucks that people have beaten and the Rhino still looks great.
I would have to agree with this, for a DIY kit you are looking to spend right around $100 bucks anyway then you have all the prep work and troubles of doing it youself to get a sub par liner, for a little more cash you can take it in the do all the prep work and you get a top of the line coating with a life time warranty
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Hermes1's Avatar
Hermes1 Hermes1 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 60
Posts: 2,526
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 8
Rep:2538
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Agree with both of the above. IMHO spraying it yourself is a false economy.
__________________
Regards, Bruce
Sure you can take my truck, the door is un-locked and the keys are under my Akita.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Bigred74's Avatar
Bigred74 Bigred74 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Missouri
Age: 25
Posts: 448
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep Power: 2
Rep:258
Bigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the rough
Default

if you want to do it yourself id look into scorpion liner. i sprayed my whole truck with it and it comes in 16 diff colors so i picked red and black for the two tone look. its the only diy company i could find that also backs their product for the lifetime of your truck. feel free to ask me any questions you have on it if you want. i used 6 gallons to do my whole truck but they have a 2gal kit with the spray gun to spray it on for $199 shipped to your door. i did alot of research on diy bedliners cause my clearcoat was peeling and i wanted something i could do myself and be very durable, its also uv protected and has a glossy finish which i like.


__________________

*Bedliner paint job, leveling kit, 3'' body lift, 17'' eagle alloy rims series 197, 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires, S&B cold air intake, 52mm ported and bored throttle body, Superchips 3865 programmer
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2013, 10:21 PM
5.2firefighter's Avatar
5.2firefighter 5.2firefighter is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ormond Beach, Florida
Age: 16
Posts: 47
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: White/Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 0
Rep:11
5.2firefighter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred74 View Post
if you want to do it yourself id look into scorpion liner. i sprayed my whole truck with it and it comes in 16 diff colors so i picked red and black for the two tone look. its the only diy company i could find that also backs their product for the lifetime of your truck. feel free to ask me any questions you have on it if you want. i used 6 gallons to do my whole truck but they have a 2gal kit with the spray gun to spray it on for $199 shipped to your door. i did alot of research on diy bedliners cause my clearcoat was peeling and i wanted something i could do myself and be very durable, its also uv protected and has a glossy finish which i like.


Now that is what i want right there, a good product that i can apply myself that wont blow the bank, for right now i want to do the bed, but may do the rockers, it really seems to protect it. Was it pretty easy to spray on and is it lasting? Nice 2nd gen by the way!
__________________
Still looking for the right one!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-13-2013, 03:27 AM
Bigred74's Avatar
Bigred74 Bigred74 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Missouri
Age: 25
Posts: 448
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep Power: 2
Rep:258
Bigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.2firefighter View Post
Now that is what i want right there, a good product that i can apply myself that wont blow the bank, for right now i want to do the bed, but may do the rockers, it really seems to protect it. Was it pretty easy to spray on and is it lasting? Nice 2nd gen by the way!
It was very easy to spray, its the all the prep work to make sure you get the best bond and all the masking off that takes the longest. its a three part system so once you mix them together you have 20 mins to spray before it starts to harden but i had no problem with getting it sprayed. the only thing i have ran into is that the red didnt harden as hard as the black but talked to the company and they are sending me two more gals of red for free to spray over top for a harder surface. my buddy tryed to drill thru the black bedliner to but on my nfab steps and was like wtf is this stuff made of lol

just look up scorpion coatings and they will send you free info with samples of the bedliner in diff colors.

and thanks man! just posted in the thread you started too
__________________

*Bedliner paint job, leveling kit, 3'' body lift, 17'' eagle alloy rims series 197, 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires, S&B cold air intake, 52mm ported and bored throttle body, Superchips 3865 programmer
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Grumpy Grumpy is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 112
Gender: Male
Rep Power: 0
Rep:13
Grumpy is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey, that looks pretty good! Not to highjack, but just to compare, here's LINE-X Premium (before and after pics).













Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-14-2013, 07:47 AM
Bigred74's Avatar
Bigred74 Bigred74 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Missouri
Age: 25
Posts: 448
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep Power: 2
Rep:258
Bigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the rough
Default

if i wasnt a college student i would have gone line-x.. but as a kid on a budget those pics above is a $4,000+ paint job and seeing that i only paid that for the truck im not gonna pay another 4k on bedliner. im not tryin to argue with you that line-x isnt better cause i have it in the bed of my truck (it is fading and is chipped in a few areas on the tailgate tho) but all in all it is better than the diy products. just comes down to your budget... i was able to come up with the $600 to do it myself and wouldnt of had $4,000+ in a very long time so i went the diy route and im happy with the results and the truck gets peoples attention everywhere i go. Now if i had a good job and just bought a 40k truck and wanted to do this then damn straight its goin to line-x but on a 4k 2nd gen with 168,000 miles i went the diy route

it is cool you found my exact truck line-x in red tho! nice find
__________________

*Bedliner paint job, leveling kit, 3'' body lift, 17'' eagle alloy rims series 197, 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires, S&B cold air intake, 52mm ported and bored throttle body, Superchips 3865 programmer
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-14-2013, 08:44 AM
5.2firefighter's Avatar
5.2firefighter 5.2firefighter is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ormond Beach, Florida
Age: 16
Posts: 47
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: White/Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 0
Rep:11
5.2firefighter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred74 View Post
if i wasnt a college student i would have gone line-x.. but as a kid on a budget those pics above is a $4,000+ paint job and seeing that i only paid that for the truck im not gonna pay another 4k on bedliner. im not tryin to argue with you that line-x isnt better cause i have it in the bed of my truck (it is fading and is chipped in a few areas on the tailgate tho) but all in all it is better than the diy products. just comes down to your budget... i was able to come up with the $600 to do it myself and wouldnt of had $4,000+ in a very long time so i went the diy route and im happy with the results and the truck gets peoples attention everywhere i go. Now if i had a good job and just bought a 40k truck and wanted to do this then damn straight its goin to line-x but on a 4k 2nd gen with 168,000 miles i went the diy route

it is cool you found my exact truck line-x in red tho! nice find
Im on the highschool budget, even worse haha! My local linex place quoted me just for the 6.5 ft bed, 500 bucks!!! With that stuff you had, i could do the whole truck for that much, it you said its about as durable.
__________________
Still looking for the right one!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum