DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.7L (345 cu in) HEMI V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram quad
Color: gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:321
bartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the rough

judd you need to stop reading the internet.

A fuel burner is a oil burner ... Its used to heat the shops your dropping the oil off at.
you think burning dirty oil is green ? Stop on by my shop and take a look at the roof ! ...it looks like a diesel truck leaving a stop light ! lmaooo

Going green has NOTHING to do with recycling or saving the planet ! NOTHING ! it is 100% about making money !

My local asphalt plant on a summer day goes through 10,000 gallons of oil and it gets planted right on the ground ! and after the road goes bad it gets ground up and made into recycle rock and put right back into the ground ! Then watch the trucks putting the mix down, they spray diesel fuel right out of the fuel tanks into there boxes and all over there tail gates so the asphalt dont stick ! This is the STATE TRUCKS ! the same state that makes you go green .... ALL ABOUT THE $$ ..... I see it all day every day !
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judd McPherson View Post
DON'T RUN A HOSE TO THE GROUND! It is a great idea to keep the oil and contaminates out of your intake, but dispose of them in a responsible manner. Illegally dumping them on the pavement is irresponsible.
^^^^^ Just had to re-quote this post
Old 12-08-2013, 10:13 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:192
Judd McPherson has a spectacular aura aboutJudd McPherson has a spectacular aura about

Bartlett,

Please refer to #3 in my above post…..
Old 12-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2538
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judd McPherson View Post
DON'T RUN A HOSE TO THE GROUND! It is a great idea to keep the oil and contaminates out of your intake, but dispose of them in a responsible manner. Illegally dumping them on the pavement is irresponsible.
Agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartlett View Post
Illegally dumping them on the pavement is irresponsible and ignorant.

Thats moronic ..... get out of your tree hugging box and look around. 99% of all semi's vent blowby directly to the ground. your little poo poo truck might vent a tee spoon worth a week, a semi will dump a gallon or better every 5,000miles.

90% of cars and trucks will drip more oil on the ground than will ever come out of a blow by tube ....

You ever look under a diesel pickup ? In your words these guy's should be hung !

On my race car the tube is hooked directly to the headers and blown right out the pipes ! Its a good hp gainer...
Also agree but that does not make it right.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:14 AM

bartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the rough

I'll gladly bow out , go ahead spend your money have fun ..
Old 12-08-2013, 11:45 AM

Judd McPherson has a spectacular aura aboutJudd McPherson has a spectacular aura about

Folks, this thread is about whether it is worth doing a catch can. They are not for everyone. Some people do not want to have have to empty it and dispose of the oil responsibly. I can tell you from my experience that I was shocked at how much oil and moisture it will extract. I personally think they are worth the effort to keep your intake and throttle body clean. But if a catch can is not for you, don't unhook your PCV hose and run it to the ground. Just let the factory PCV system do its job instead of dumping it on the street. Common sense.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 4x4 express rcsb
Color: true blue pearl
Rep:101
browndawg will become famous soon enoughbrowndawg will become famous soon enough

I empty my can into a plastic water bottle and throw it in the trash, I figure this is recycling at its finest, because a thousand years from now they can put a well on top of the landfill and bada bing! every little bit helps. and Bartlett I drive a truck for a living and its more like 20% new tractors no longer have road draft tubes (mainly due to calfornia clean idle rules) now the 1984 international I started in had a draft tube and would just puke oil and smoke right on the road. now you can call me a tree hugger if u like but don't call me Al gore or we got problems LOf#@$L
Old 12-10-2013, 11:49 PM

My 2007 kenworth and my older trucks all puke it right on the road . My 2010 kenworth had a dpf system and it was a major pain! Now all you see is guy's spending big dollars to delete the dpf systems off there new trucks. ( I paid close to 10g to delete) lucky for us MN dont have testing

The state of Mn dumps raw diesel on the ground every day and no one says a thing ! lol ... you ever watch a paving crew ? the truck drivers spray the crap out of there boexs and tail gates with fuel right out of there fuel tanks and it runs right on the ground ! lol ... I think the ten drops a week from my pickup will be ok ....
Old 12-11-2013, 12:33 AM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 4x4 express rcsb
Color: true blue pearl
Rep:101
browndawg will become famous soon enoughbrowndawg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartlett View Post
My 2007 kenworth and my older trucks all puke it right on the road . My 2010 kenworth had a dpf system and it was a major pain! Now all you see is guy's spending big dollars to delete the dpf systems off there new trucks. ( I paid close to 10g to delete) lucky for us MN dont have testing

The state of Mn dumps raw diesel on the ground every day and no one says a thing ! lol ... you ever watch a paving crew ? the truck drivers spray the crap out of there boexs and tail gates with fuel right out of there fuel tanks and it runs right on the ground ! lol ... I think the ten drops a week from my pickup will be ok ....
also what about the truck stops every pump usually leaks and spills happen from guys trying to top off there tanks, and nobody cleans that up, when it rains all that diesel just runs right into the storm sewer, browndawg out
Old 12-11-2013, 12:42 AM

The more of these posts that I read, the less surprised I am by your responses.... lol