DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling


Notices

Heating & Cooling 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 12-06-2013, 10:41 PM
GTyankee's Avatar
GTyankee GTyankee is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego East County, Ca
Posts: 18,241
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep Power: 19
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute
Default

almost all of the Dodge vehicles have near identical Climate Control units
some are just smaller then the truck units

on youtube, type in Heater Problems Dodge Ram 1500
HeaterTreater has 3 videos for trouble shooting Dodges
several others also have posted their own fixes
__________________
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #12  
Old 12-08-2013, 09:17 PM
05cummins's Avatar
05cummins 05cummins is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Age: 27
Posts: 129
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Cummins
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
05cummins is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespr50 View Post
In another forum they talk about removing the blower an reaching in an pull the broken vent door. Another is Heatertreater.net (I think is correct) have a solution for the 3rd Gen Rams. Do a search on YuoTube you be able to find them.
I never really considered that being an option. It would def make getting through the winter a lot easier until I properly fix it in the spring lol.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-20-2014, 09:30 PM
Hallock21 Hallock21 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NJ
Age: 35
Posts: 61
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:30
Hallock21 is on a distinguished road
Default

does the blend door control the opening and closing of the floor vents, i thought the blend door just controlled the temperature of the air coming in by opening and closing and letting outside air in?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-21-2014, 04:39 PM
05cummins's Avatar
05cummins 05cummins is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Age: 27
Posts: 129
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Cummins
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
05cummins is on a distinguished road
Default

No, thats not the blend door for the floor. thats the Mode 2 door, which controls floor and defrost.

I'm pretty sure your correct on the blend door, because then its the mode 1 door that controls between vent and floor/defrost.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-24-2014, 09:34 AM
Hallock21 Hallock21 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NJ
Age: 35
Posts: 61
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:30
Hallock21 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05cummins View Post
No, thats not the blend door for the floor. thats the Mode 2 door, which controls floor and defrost.

I'm pretty sure your correct on the blend door, because then its the mode 1 door that controls between vent and floor/defrost.

Yes...05Cummins you are completely correct..the only issue im having is nothing coming out of the floor vents, if i select floor everything comes out the defrost. Hot/cold and all other functions work fine, just nothing out of the floor vents
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Hallock21 Hallock21 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NJ
Age: 35
Posts: 61
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:30
Hallock21 is on a distinguished road
Default

so...off to youtube i go and searching Mode 2 door....thanks 05cummins
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-24-2014, 09:52 AM
Hallock21 Hallock21 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NJ
Age: 35
Posts: 61
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:30
Hallock21 is on a distinguished road
Default

Of Course...the guy on heatertreater doesn't even recommend trying to fix/change the door because its such a pain the the as$...you have to drill spot welds, cut a support with a grinder and bend the metal housing back to access the motor...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-24-2014, 01:30 PM
05cummins's Avatar
05cummins 05cummins is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Age: 27
Posts: 129
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Cummins
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
05cummins is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallock21 View Post
Of Course...the guy on heatertreater doesn't even recommend trying to fix/change the door because its such a pain the the as$...you have to drill spot welds, cut a support with a grinder and bend the metal housing back to access the motor...
HAHAHAHA i know right!! When I watched that video I was like, it cant be that bad...can it. YUP!!! It is. I tore apart 2/3 my dash in late novemeber early december. Got down to the dash support frame, but not far enough if I was going to that work I could yet. I moved the linkage around a bit for the mode 2 door and the motor, and I was able to obtain some heat on my side finally. passenger side always had floor heat (I didn't understand that one at all why one side does n one doesnt lol. prob cause i have dual climate) But I was able to get enough of an opening that i do get some heat now and it will warm my feet up eventually where before not at all.

I'm a smoker so i've started keeping it on just vents (and i need a new relay as well for my fan speed :'( ) so mine is always on high as well, so i just adjust the vents for where their pointing and how open they are, and i'm staying pretty warm.

Keep me posted on what you do and when ya do it. I'm going to change all my mode and blend doors in the spring when its soooooooooooo much warmer. then I'll be good for next winter. Summer won't phase me as much as I like my windows open with the music up loud lol.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Hallock21 Hallock21 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NJ
Age: 35
Posts: 61
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:30
Hallock21 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05cummins View Post
HAHAHAHA i know right!! When I watched that video I was like, it cant be that bad...can it. YUP!!! It is. I tore apart 2/3 my dash in late novemeber early december. Got down to the dash support frame, but not far enough if I was going to that work I could yet. I moved the linkage around a bit for the mode 2 door and the motor, and I was able to obtain some heat on my side finally. passenger side always had floor heat (I didn't understand that one at all why one side does n one doesnt lol. prob cause i have dual climate) But I was able to get enough of an opening that i do get some heat now and it will warm my feet up eventually where before not at all.

I'm a smoker so i've started keeping it on just vents (and i need a new relay as well for my fan speed :'( ) so mine is always on high as well, so i just adjust the vents for where their pointing and how open they are, and i'm staying pretty warm.

Keep me posted on what you do and when ya do it. I'm going to change all my mode and blend doors in the spring when its soooooooooooo much warmer. then I'll be good for next winter. Summer won't phase me as much as I like my windows open with the music up loud lol.
I agree with this statement 100%....just looked and its 8 degrees outside right now, so i may just try to prop the door on the drivers side open a little, although he doesn't recommend that
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-25-2014, 07:40 PM
05cummins's Avatar
05cummins 05cummins is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Age: 27
Posts: 129
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Cummins
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
05cummins is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallock21 View Post
I agree with this statement 100%....just looked and its 8 degrees outside right now, so i may just try to prop the door on the drivers side open a little, although he doesn't recommend that
Ya he doesn't...but it looked like he was changing his mode doors in pretty warm weather. He wasn't freezng his feet like we are or were. Godda do what we need to do right lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum