DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Bright White Clear Coat
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:104
Frankf300 will become famous soon enoughFrankf300 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRam View Post
Anybody have any problems with Hemifever? You know. Like some people did with the other guy? Also, I feel a little reticent in purchasing, what is in actuality, a custom written computer code from someone who still has an AOL email address?

What? I can't be the only one who thought of this!?
Honestly, I thought the same exact thing...especially since my father and I are in our own business and it's cheap for us to have our own domain and it looks professional. BUT, some people do not see the importance in that, which when you have a website like Sean I'd personally let the AOL address slide. He has a very nicely designed website and considering his "competition" does not have anything online to prove he exists, I'd say Sean takes that one. Granted if it were me, if I'm paying for a web domain than I would pay the few extra bucks for the email domain, but to each their own. The fact that he has a website with a decent amount of information is already pretty impressive compared to other "tuners".
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2013, 10:07 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

This is generally true ^^^, however a lot of great tuners do not have websites as they mainly do local stuff, or they hang out on the CMR boards and people just know of them from word of mouth. Some of the best tunes I have ever ran came from tuners that did not have websites , it all depends on what you are looking for, Sean does do great work I have road in and drove a couple of vehicles with his tunes and I was pretty impressed, however I can get the equivalent from other tuners that do not have websites and do not advertise and are known strictly word of mouth for a lot less as they have no over head (My comparison is based off driving and riding in others vehicles, and then driving in my own with similar mods and a custom tune I have not compared the custom tunes on a Dyno, however I would be willing to do so and doubt that there are is a comparable difference other than price)

Not bashing HemiFever at all in any way just so I am clear with everyone

Thanks

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 11-16-2013, 01:32 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

Worried about what domain he uses? That's so ignorant it's offensive.
Same thinking that the plumber in your house with tattoos is going to rob you blind, or the electrician who shows up in a new Denali is a better electrician.

None of that means shit, all that counts is the end result.

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"
Old 11-16-2013, 04:15 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:37
MaximumSteelExpress is on a distinguished road

I have to definitely agree with Swaggerville Ram. The end result is what matter and the end result was well well worth the $125 for me IMHO
Old 11-16-2013, 05:43 PM

Frankf300 will become famous soon enoughFrankf300 will become famous soon enough

This may be true in the online world, but not in the business world. We're GCs and so all of our subcontractors have been hand picked. My roofer is awesome at what he does, and is loaded with tattoos and has a Zac Brown look to him. There are certain jobs that I can call him for and some I can't. Wealthy homeowners will not trust someone in their home that's appearance comes across like that. Yes, they've been asked to leave by homeowners. You wanna call it fair or not, it's the world we leave in. The past 7 years our work has been all for the state. $700,000 and up contracts. My father and I, and our subs cannot show up to a state meeting looking like we just finished hanging 40 boards of rock. I spent 2 months designing our company website because people constantly asked us why a company of our caliber had no website. BBB investigated every word I put on our site. Especially in today's times, both web and social appearance are crucial to a company.

Last edited by Frankf300; 11-16-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:54 PM

And just to clear the air I have nothing against anyone like that. My wife has tattoos, and teaches...things have become more lenient. But I also know from personal experience what I can and cannot do on a certain project. Every client is different. I also know what's going to keep our company stagnant, and what's going to make our company grow as it has for the past 28 years. Something as simple as a domain name shows professionalism. Prior to building our website I was asked at least 50 times what the address to our site was. When I would say we didn't have one, people's expressions would change instantly. That's when we decided if the business had to continue to grow we needed a site. We're in a technology era, so it is what it is
Old 11-17-2013, 09:37 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

Business meetings with bureaucrats is a big difference than joe blows domain name. I've been in upper brass meetings in multi billion dollar mining projects. Most pre-hiring deals are done on the phone and email. Once hired, when dealing with someone who cares about profit, read non government, performance is number 1. Yeah I don't show up in grubby clothes and smelling like BO, but they only ever are concerned with
1) incidents/injuries
2) near misses
3) progress
4) paperwork
Not necessarily in that order

I'm not saying one should show up in sweat pants and Velcro shoes (drywaller cheap shot) j/k or a truck/van that leaks oil and spills screws all over their driveway, much the same it's not hemifever@fillupyourinboxwithspam.com
I realize petty shit matters to some people, my tattoos are all concealed under a t-shirt and I have 2 of the most inefficient electrical vehicles you can get-crew cab short box trucks. These are the same people who get offended if asked for a deposit, or credit check. i dont do that, but If I only worked for customers who appeared to have money, I'd be broke. My best customers are the ones who don't appear to have, or I know they don't have much money.

All I'm saying is its petty, and judgemental, without cause.

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"

Last edited by Swaggerville Ram; 11-17-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggerville Ram View Post
Business meetings with bureaucrats is a big difference than joe blows domain name. I've been in upper brass meetings in multi billion dollar mining projects. Most pre-hiring deals are done on the phone and email. Once hired, when dealing with someone who cares about profit, read non government, performance is number 1. Yeah I don't show up in grubby clothes and smelling like BO, but they only ever are concerned with
1) incidents/injuries
2) near misses
3) progress
4) paperwork
Not necessarily in that order

I'm not saying one should show up in sweat pants and Velcro shoes (drywaller cheap shot) j/k or a truck/van that leaks oil and spills screws all over their driveway, much the same it's not hemifever@fillupyourinboxwithspam.com
I realize petty shit matters to some people, my tattoos are all concealed under a t-shirt and I have 2 of the most inefficient electrical vehicles you can get-crew cab short box trucks. These are the same people who get offended if asked for a deposit, or credit check. i dont do that, but If I only worked for customers who appeared to have money, I'd be broke. My best customers are the ones who don't appear to have, or I know they don't have much money.

All I'm saying is its petty, and judgemental, without cause.
No man, I hear ya all the way! It's just the damn world we're in now, and I'm still young and think it sucks haha! You think I think it's fair that my roofer can't show up with his full sleeve tats without getting some stupid look? Hell no! Honestly, the best niche we got into was state work because we don't need to deal with snooty homeowners! So yea we have to show up presentable and they don't like seeing my father and I on the tools because that means we're not running the project correctly but at least at the end of the project we're always paid in full. Anyway, went off topic there lol...I see your points thought, a domain name can be a very petty thing to look at. Now what I really have no tolerance for is when my plumber sends me his proposals and half of it is in 42 font, and the other half is 18 font AND every other word is misspelled. I'm like dude, for real? Haha

BTW, how is business up there? It's still hit or miss around here, our state work is starting to dry up due to funding, but luckily the residential is pouring in again.

Last edited by Frankf300; 11-17-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:02 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge ram 1500
Color: Black
Rep:15
Ramops is on a distinguished road

I just placed my order with Sean . Cant wait to see the end results.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Man Up And Cam Up

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1010
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramops View Post
I just placed my order with Sean . Cant wait to see the end results.
Awesome and congratulations on the purchase you will not be disappointed with your purchase definitely looking forward to hearing how you like it