DODGE RAM FORUM banner

heated steering wheel

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  DCLXVI 
#1 ·
dose anyone know if the steering wheels with the rear controls has the heating element regardless of the heated seat/wheel option?

#2 ·
First, by 'rear controls' are you referring to the radio scan and volume control buttons on the rear of the wheel on both sides?

I am unsure if this wheel would have the options, though I have learned that most Rams have the locations for options that were available on other models. So, I would lean toward an answer of yes - the module may be there but the connections are not made as it was not an option on your Ram.

I hope this makes sense. I am sure someone with a bit more know how on this topic will ring in shortly.

#4 ·
No need to apologize :) Yes, I believe the element would be there.. just missing the required wiring for the connection and obviously not connected. But again, there are others that have a more in-depth knowledge on this topic.. so even though I think this is true, don't take my word for it.. LOL!

#8 ·
I have the heated element in mine, its a leather wrapped steering wheel. I'm not sure if all steering wheels come leather wrapped or not. Could be an indicator, I know it came with the leather package for my truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.