DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Rust Repair

Notices

Rust Repair Fighting Mother Nature!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Diamond
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
Black Diamond 357 is on a distinguished road
Default Rust!

Hey, I was in the process of seeing how hard it would be to put in a cabin air filter. When I noticed rust on the inside of my glove compartment box so I just started looking ever where and found other spots with rust. So here is my question is this covered under warranty? I have had my truck for a year and this is un-exceptable period!
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2013, 03:01 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

humidity goes everywhere and today nothing inside the cab is protected from rust, none of it would be part of the warranty, get some WD40 and spray the area's you can see it will slow down the process. I have a 36 year old Porsche and not one piece inside has any rust on it. Todays vehicles are made to be thrown away after 10 years. Sucks but that's the reality of today's products. If the dealer is not going to fix under warranty a knocking engine, forget about the dealer saying anything about some surface rust under the dash. JMO
Old 11-17-2013, 03:34 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Rep:117
Red-Stripe will become famous soon enoughRed-Stripe will become famous soon enough

Asur, You have many good posts that I respect.
Are you really going to change now, and tell an owner of a 2012 truck with rust on an interior component that he should just suck it up and accept it as the modern drop in quality?
Old 11-17-2013, 03:45 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearlcoat
Rep:49
thebluegoat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Stripe View Post
Are you really going to change now, and tell an owner of a 2012 truck with rust on an interior component that he should just suck it up and accept it as the modern drop in quality?
He's not wrong. The piece you see rusting is what's known as a tie bar. Its the structure or skeleton that everything on the instrument panel gets bolted too. When they come from the supplier they are dipped in oil but as soon as that wears out or gets rubbed off they will start to show signs of surface rust. Its nothing to worry about and will definitely not be covered under warranty. I used to work for a GM supplier and now directly for a final assembly plant and know this first hand.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:04 PM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Stripe View Post
Wish I could help and change my post but that's how it is, I have the same surface rust on my 2012, he should not necessarily suck it up and accept it, he can do whatever he wants and go spend time at the dealer but I doubt they will do anything, like I said, best is rub some wd40 on it every now and then and it will slow down the process. Sorry bro, nothing I can say will change it. Reps to you for at least asking LOL as soon as the site lets me.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:15 PM

I looked under my back seats and guess what? Rust on the brackets for the storage compartments and brackets that holds up my seats! FML.....
Old 11-17-2013, 11:33 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White-W7
Rep:139
Hemi N Haw will become famous soon enoughHemi N Haw will become famous soon enough
Post Me too

I have rust on the hinges that my bucket seat backs articulate forward & back on. It's a G.D. joke! I can't stand it. I'm a pretty straight line anal if you will when it comes to expectations of things being a certain way. I got my brand new spec ordered Ram w/ a handful of problems regarding the paint. The funny thing about the new car statement is that my wife has an 04 BMW. I hate working on that german p.o.s. but! I'll be damned if that thing has any rust even where one could expect it. It has a coating on every surface imaginable. I will always choose American over all others but really in this day & age where we're struggling as a country to compete w/ everyone else why, why not push harder to compete & hell win against all the rest. Come on! These trucks w/ the look/ style & Hemi powered performance they're deserving of more from those who assemble them & from those who inspect them. And in the end those who buy & use them on a daily basis. Come on Chrysler make something that your competitors have to fabricate something to complain about w/ them & stop selling a product that just offers up issues to your consumers....
Old 11-18-2013, 11:10 AM

Well to my surprise I called the dealership and they told me to bring my girl in! They will take pictures and send them off to Chrysler..... Crossing my fingers that everything goes my way. The dealership down here in Ft Walton Beach, Fl so far is A++
Old 11-18-2013, 01:01 PM

Really hope things turn out good for you, make sure you get all the info you can and let us know because if they pass this Chrysler will be inundated with the same request by other members, so if they pass one, they will have to pass them all.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:27 AM

Well they told me that is was only surface and not structure that they couldn't do anything to it! They told me to put WD40 on it. I replied with are f'ing kidding me no that's not going to happen.