DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Rep:77
Doom4life will become famous soon enough
Default Sunroof Saga Continues!

Without going through a lengthy detail, lets call purchasing dealership "Dealership 1" and the dealership close to my work "Dealership 2".

Had the glass replaced under warranty by Dealership 1 several months back. Since then, the sunroof closes with a mechanical thunk (I'll post another video up later tonight) despite multiple greasing of the sunroof tracks and glass adjustments. Dealership 1 also replaced the entire seal around the glass itself which didn't help. After lubricating the tracks and adjusting the glass, the noise goes away for a few days before quickly coming back.

I got tired of taking a day off of work every time I took the truck to Dealership 1, so I took it to Dealership 2. Dealership 2 greased the tracks and adjusted the hinges again so I called Chrysler Canada and they said they would work with the dealership to fix the issue. Second visit the exact same fix was attempted and I attempted to call the Case Manager as she wanted an update. I left a message and scheduled another service appointment.

Third try at Dealership 2 (this is now either the sixth or seventh time this has been done) resulted in the same exact repair and this resulted in me leaving another message to the Case Manager at Chrysler Canada essentially pleading for them to call me as I was frustrated by the lack of progress.

As you guessed it, Chrysler Canada never called me back. I took the truck for a fourth time at Dealership 2 an he said they were going to replace the tracks for the sunroof and that they were on back order.

I noticed that a trim piece for the passenger side wasn't properly tightened from a repair that Dealership 1 did, and Dealership 2 refused to do anything and told me I'd have to go to Dealership 1.

Went back to Dealership 1 for the trim piece (since fixed) and since I have a month off of work, asked about the sunroof and if they could install the track from Dealership 2 which I was told yes (they also thought it was weird they wouldn't touch the trim piece as at the end of the day it's covered by warranty) but they wanted to look at it.

Dealership 1 also advised me that replacing the tracks is an indepth installation requiring removal of the entire headliner and anything attached to it, along with all pillar trim pieces. He suggested to me that the reason it was such a pain in the ass for me to have it escalated was because of the time required and the possibility of scratching the interior of the vehicle or create other problems. He said it was my call to make and that I should weigh all of my options (i.e. having it fixed versus leaving it as is).

I do have another dealership that just opened up and is even closer to me, so I always have a third option/opinion.

Can anyone give any insight in dealing with sunroof repairs? As I mentioned, I'll work on getting a video up soon.

Chrysler Canada hasn't been any help at all, and I haven't actually spoken to someone since the first call I made. Dealership 2 frustrated me as they charged me $50 to grease all the door hinges which ended up being a warranty issue (and have since stalled every time I've asked for my money back) and I am reluctant to go ahead there. Dealership 1 has worked with me on every single issue I have ever had and I have no complaints - aside from sometimes taking their sweet time getting back to me.

Last edited by Doom4life; 11-18-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I would attempt to start a new claim with Chrysler. When you are able to talk to someone, reference the first claim, and let them know that you can't get anyone else to talk to you.

If they don't want to start a new claim, then request to speak with a supervisor,and see if they can help with getting the original claim agent to talk to you.

I would make as much noise as I possibly could, it's true what they say about the squeaky wheel getting the grease. When I had to replace the clutch in my wife's Chally at 22K miles I screamed loud and often, and I eventually got a check from Chrysler for almost $750 to help offset my cost of the non warranty covered repair.

Good luck

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill