DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 01-02-2014, 09:11 PM
RAM357's Avatar
RAM357 RAM357 is offline
R A M M S T E I N


 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Ontario Wilds
Age: 49
Posts: 2,236
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep Power: 4
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BremboD View Post
I never got the answer of not being able to do the lift...

However, my local dealership wanted $10k to install a 6" BDS lift, with fuel rims wrapped in 35" Toyo M/T's.

Needless to say, I only purchase from the dealership when necessary. And this wasn't one of them!
Which is fairly normal depending on the tires .. 37's would be steeper for sure! 37 + Fuels = $900 per after taxes
__________________
*YES IT'S BLACK AND WHITE AND YES IT'S A SEXY THANG*


* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
*
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau



Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #12  
Old 01-03-2014, 12:47 AM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 18,166
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 16
Rep:1804
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BremboD View Post
I never got the answer of not being able to do the lift...

However, my local dealership wanted $10k to install a 6" BDS lift, with fuel rims wrapped in 35" Toyo M/T's.

Needless to say, I only purchase from the dealership when necessary. And this wasn't one of them!
Yikes. This is crazy.
My dealer allows me to supply the part and they in turn resell it to me for a buck and u pay labor to keep my warranty valid.
__________________


click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here


sales@bullysperformance.com

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-03-2014, 12:59 AM
RAM357's Avatar
RAM357 RAM357 is offline
R A M M S T E I N


 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Ontario Wilds
Age: 49
Posts: 2,236
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep Power: 4
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all
Default

I should clarify. The reason my dealership got cold feet on a 6" BDS install is because the last one they did had a few missing bit from the parts they received from BDS. That truck was still in their shop at the time I inquired, so they were already freakin *L* Poor bastards.

BremboD, I was assuming for that cost you were talking the coil-over/ For the regular 6" BDS kit $10K is too much for sure, especially with 35's. Online pricing for everything will at least give you an adequate baseline. To that add $900-1200 for install.
__________________
*YES IT'S BLACK AND WHITE AND YES IT'S A SEXY THANG*


* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
*
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau



Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-03-2014, 02:19 AM
BremboD's Avatar
BremboD BremboD is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Surrey B.C.
Age: 26
Posts: 50
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:58
BremboD will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
I should clarify. The reason my dealership got cold feet on a 6" BDS install is because the last one they did had a few missing bit from the parts they received from BDS. That truck was still in their shop at the time I inquired, so they were already freakin *L* Poor bastards.

BremboD, I was assuming for that cost you were talking the coil-over/ For the regular 6" BDS kit $10K is too much for sure, especially with 35's. Online pricing for everything will at least give you an adequate baseline. To that add $900-1200 for install.
Yeah, it was a just a standard BDS lift. I ended up doing the lift and ordered the wheel/rims myself. Came to just shy of 5k, with no crazy special deals or anything. They were just looking to make an easy few bucks off of a simple install. >.<
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-03-2014, 09:50 AM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 18,166
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 16
Rep:1804
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
I should clarify. The reason my dealership got cold feet on a 6" BDS install is because the last one they did had a few missing bit from the parts they received from BDS. That truck was still in their shop at the time I inquired, so they were already freakin *L* Poor bastards.

BremboD, I was assuming for that cost you were talking the coil-over/ For the regular 6" BDS kit $10K is too much for sure, especially with 35's. Online pricing for everything will at least give you an adequate baseline. To that add $900-1200 for install.
Tell your dealer to order the parts first before they strip your truck down so they can make sure parts are ALL there before they call you in.

$10k is WAAAAYYY too much.
I can certainly build you an entire package for 1/2-2/3 of that price.
__________________


click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here


sales@bullysperformance.com

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-03-2014, 10:27 AM
sled92's Avatar
sled92 sled92 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sea to Sky, British Columbia
Age: 48
Posts: 75
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2015 Ram 1500 CC 4X4 6'4" Box
Trim Level: Lariamie
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
sled92 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BremboD View Post
Yeah, it was a just a standard BDS lift. I ended up doing the lift and ordered the wheel/rims myself. Came to just shy of 5k, with no crazy special deals or anything. They were just looking to make an easy few bucks off of a simple install. >.<
Any photos and specs of your set-up BremboD?
__________________
Goodyear Duratrac 285/70/17 on factory wheels.

Last edited by sled92; 01-03-2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Spelling.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-03-2014, 10:35 AM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 18,166
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 16
Rep:1804
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
Which is fairly normal depending on the tires .. 37's would be steeper for sure! 37 + Fuels = $900 per after taxes
Noticed your sig….is your truck completed with this setup?
Got pics?
__________________


click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here


sales@bullysperformance.com

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-03-2014, 05:56 PM
RAM357's Avatar
RAM357 RAM357 is offline
R A M M S T E I N


 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Ontario Wilds
Age: 49
Posts: 2,236
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep Power: 4
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly @ BP View Post
Noticed your sig….is your truck completed with this setup?
Got pics?
It's a long, painful story

I took it in for the lift and when my wife dropped me off to pick it up it was still sitting on stock wheels/tires!

It wasn't until they went to mount the new 37's that anyone noticed something was wrong. SIX bolt! The Fuel wheels have those centre covers, and my wheels came with the 37's already mounted from out west so I guess somehow the error occurred out there, and was left undiscovered until the moment the installer was trying to position the wheel on the truck

So that was Dec 18th. Shipping got replacement 5 bolt wheels here yesterday. Arrived at the shop only to be told NO WAY could they be mounted because it was -40 out and the shop actually had cars BELOW the cars already on the hoists. Again ..

So I agreed to come in on Monday .. I'm penciled in!! My only mild concern now is whether there will be rubbing at all going with the straight 6" coil-over up front, with no other lift. This is why I played it conservatively with 9" wheel selection, as well as the 12.5 tire and not going 10" with 13.5. My hope is it will all play nicely together without a sawzall coming into the picture.

I'll post some pictures on Monday as long as the black cloud following me around on this final detail of the lift goes away


Cheers
__________________
*YES IT'S BLACK AND WHITE AND YES IT'S A SEXY THANG*


* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
*
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau



Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-03-2014, 06:00 PM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 18,166
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 16
Rep:1804
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
It's a long, painful story

I took it in for the lift and when my wife dropped me off to pick it up it was still sitting on stock wheels/tires!

It wasn't until they went to mount the new 37's that anyone noticed something was wrong. SIX bolt! The Fuel wheels have those centre covers, and my wheels came with the 37's already mounted from out west so I guess somehow the error occurred out there, and was left undiscovered until the moment the installer was trying to position the wheel on the truck

So that was Dec 18th. Shipping got replacement 5 bolt wheels here yesterday. Arrived at the shop only to be told NO WAY could they be mounted because it was -40 out and the shop actually had cars BELOW the cars already on the hoists. Again ..

So I agreed to come in on Monday .. I'm penciled in!! My only mild concern now is whether there will be rubbing at all going with the straight 6" coil-over up front, with no other lift. This is why I played it conservatively with 9" wheel selection, as well as the 12.5 tire and not going 10" with 13.5. My hope is it will all play nicely together without a sawzall coming into the picture.

I'll post some pictures on Monday as long as the black cloud following me around on this final detail of the lift goes away


Cheers
What offset did you go with and I can let you know if it will rub.
Based one what I know with Fuel wheels and 20x9…they either come in 0/+1 offset or -12
Given you went with 12.5" width on the tire, you will more than likely have zero issues

I ran 20x9, 0 offset and 37" Nitto Trails on my truck when I first lifted and had zero rub.
That was 5 or 6 wheel sets ago…lol
__________________


click here ---> Got Factory Air Suspension? - Want to Lift or Lower? <---click here


sales@bullysperformance.com

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-03-2014, 06:34 PM
RAM357's Avatar
RAM357 RAM357 is offline
R A M M S T E I N


 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Ontario Wilds
Age: 49
Posts: 2,236
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep Power: 4
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all
Default

Fast,

Thanks. I've got 20x9 +1 with 5" BS.

*fingers crossed*

What say ye?

Oh, and the Pro Comp Xtremes look moderately aggressive, not excessively so that too gives me hope I'll have no issues.
__________________
*YES IT'S BLACK AND WHITE AND YES IT'S A SEXY THANG*


* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
*
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau



Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors