DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
barnett1217 is on a distinguished road
Default horrible ride plz help

Hey everyone
I leveled out (torsion bar level) my 05 ram it is a 4x4 w/hemi (of course lol) also has a set of 33 couragia M/T

now when im driving n hit a bump or go over railroad tracks it feels like its all over the place like im going to hit some one if there next to me I never noticed it doing any thing like that before the tires and leveling when I asked the guy at the shop about it handling like that he said its normal for it to be like that after doing what I did
I cant belive that ppl would do this to there trucks if it made them handle so bad theres got to be some thing wrong (right???) or atleast something I can upgrade to make it handle better

any thought would be appericated
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

How high did you crank the torsion bars? Are your shocks bottoming out now? It definitely shouldn't be as rough as you're describing....

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 11-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
barnett1217 is on a distinguished road

He said he only cranked it up about 2 inches
the shocks don't seem like they have far to go before they bottom out

Last edited by barnett1217; 11-22-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

I would guess your shocks are the problem. As soon as you're getting over bumps like that the front suspension is dropping and then hitting the end of the shock travel. You'll just need some longer shocks to fix it.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Old 11-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Express
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:99
zero will become famous soon enough

Exactly why you don't lift/mod these trucks. Its unsafe for you and the other drivers around you. Every time I see one them idiotic lifted trucks I want to T-bone him and tip him over and nobody likes them or thinks they look cool. I don't get it why spend a fortune to get laughed at?
Old 11-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
Exactly why you don't lift/mod these trucks. Its unsafe for you and the other drivers around you. every time I see one them idiotic lifted trucks I want to T-bone him and tip him over and nobody likes them or think they look cool. I don't get it.
Well that's about the dumbest thing I've read on this forum.... There could be so many arguments to get into here regarding your statement. But overall it is 100% false... Yes if guys half ass a mod then it might be a little unsafe. But there are TONS of mods that make a truck safer and better.

When I get my truck lifted I'd like to see you come and try to T-bone me. I guarantee your truck will be totaled while mine might only have the diff knocked out from under it. Don't be so ignorant bud. If modding isn't your thing that's fine, but there's no reason to come on the forum and be a jackass about it. 95% of the people on enjoying modding and adding things to their truck to make it their own.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express 4X4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:272
h2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Exactly why you don't lift/mod these trucks. Its unsafe for you and the other drivers around you. Every time I see one them idiotic lifted trucks I want to T-bone him and tip him over and nobody likes them or thinks they look cool. I don't get it why spend a fortune to get laughed at?
Angry party of one. Your table is ready.

Half the beast
I used to be
Old 11-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Well that's about the dumbest thing I've read on this forum.... There could be so many arguments to get into here regarding your statement. But overall it is 100% false... Yes if guys half ass a mod then it might be a little unsafe. But there are TONS of mods that make a truck safer and better.

When I get my truck lifted I'd like to see you come and try to T-bone me. I guarantee your truck will be totaled while mine might only have the diff knocked out from under it. Don't be so ignorant bud. If modding isn't your thing that's fine, but there's no reason to come on the forum and be a jackass about it. 95% of the people on enjoying modding and adding things to their truck to make it their own.
Not talking about modding. I have mine modded... Go back and read the post then re-read your post that makes my point for me.

I actually pay to see these every year when they come to town I take both my boys. The point is (you also tried to make my point) these folks are performing in a safe controlled environment, yes spectators have been killed in the past but the safety has improved with the auto kill switches etc.

These guys know what they are doing when they build these things and they have deep deep pockets but they don't ever take them on the street. Hillbilly Larry does tho. and he doesn't know what he is doing and he doesn't have deep pockets and he is not in an arena he is on the street on the brink of losing control......now you tell me Rambo, who is the ignorant one? You still think its me don't ya
Old 11-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Not talking about modding. I have mine modded... Go back and read the post then re-read your post that makes my point for me.

I actually pay to see these every year when they come to town I take both my boys. The point is (you also tried to make my point) these folks are performing in a safe controlled environment, yes spectators have been killed in the past but the safety has improved with the auto kill switches etc.

These guys know what they are doing when they build these things and they have deep deep pockets but they don't ever take them on the street. Hillbilly Larry does tho. and he doesn't know what he is doing and he doesn't have deep pockets and he is not in an arena he is on the street on the brink of losing control......now you tell me Rambo, who is the ignorant one? You still think its me don't ya
Haha what the heck are you even talking about?? Where are you getting anything about paying to see people or a safe, controlled environment? Or spectators? Seriously... I've re-read your and my post about 5 times and I have no idea where you're pulling this crap from. Are you just making this up as you go?

I'm not disagreeing with your statement that there are guys out there who are not doing things properly and that it can be dangerous. But to come on here and say all the guys putting lift on their trucks are doing it wrong is your ignorant statement. Most guys (especially the ones on this forum) are smart enough to spend the money and do it right. Some of them even making their trucks more stable and safer to drive on the street than a stock one. You really haven't spent enough time on this forum looking around and reading through some good threads to see some of the things guys are doing to their trucks. Go spend some time educating yourself about the different set ups guys are actually running and some of the cool things they're adding to their trucks to make them better and more stable. Then if you still have shit to say about anyone or any truck on this forum come back and post it here. I doubt you will have anything to say once you actually learn something.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post

I'm not disagreeing with your statement that there are guys out there who are not doing things properly and that it can be dangerous.
100% agree.