DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.7L (345 cu in) HEMI V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram and 2006 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: 4x4 SLT and4X4 SPORT
Color: Silver , Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
adventurer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to adventurer
Default Need Help Limp mode after changing transmission

Hi all , i had issues with my 2010 hemi trany so i found 2012 4x4 truck with 21000 k miles on it that had an accident and owner selling it as parts so i bought the transmission , when first start and putting D after we fit the new trany truck entered limp mode (stuck on 4th) then code p0760(OD SOLENOID CIRCUT) we reset and cleared code started the truck again same thing limp mode again but with different codes p0871(OD PRESSURE SWITCH RATIONALITY) and p0882(TCM POWER INPUT LOW)

Any help please ?

Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2013, 08:16 AM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:350
TransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really nice

In 2011, we eliminated the OD solenoid from the trans solenoid module (which is inside the trans; it is part of the valve body assy). We now use the MS solenoid to control the OD clutch.

Your 2010 truck's PCM is still expecting it to have an OD solenoid. Since there is none there anymore (in the 2012 trans you installed), you get the P0760 OD Solenoid Circuit fault.

So you need to get a 2010-style solenoid, and install it into your trans. You could pull the old one out of your old trans I suppose. The 2010-style solenoid module has a white wiring connector on top of it, whereas the 2011+ style solenoid has a gray wiring connec tor. Swap the solenoid and you should be OK.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransEngineer View Post
In 2011, we eliminated the OD solenoid from the trans solenoid module (which is inside the trans; it is part of the valve body assy). We now use the MS solenoid to control the OD clutch.

Your 2010 truck's PCM is still expecting it to have an OD solenoid. Since there is none there anymore (in the 2012 trans you installed), you get the P0760 OD Solenoid Circuit fault.

So you need to get a 2010-style solenoid, and install it into your trans. You could pull the old one out of your old trans I suppose. The 2010-style solenoid module has a white wiring connector on top of it, whereas the 2011+ style solenoid has a gray wiring connec tor. Swap the solenoid and you should be OK.
I ll do that tomorrow but what about the codes p0871(OD PRESSURE SWITCH RATIONALITY) and p0882(TCM POWER INPUT LOW) ?

Old 11-22-2013, 08:39 AM

TransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurer View Post
I ll do that tomorrow but what about the codes p0871(OD PRESSURE SWITCH RATIONALITY) and p0882(TCM POWER INPUT LOW) ?
I'm assuming those are related to the OD solenoid "disappearance," but hard to say. I would expect P0760 to set first, but obviously if the PCM turns on the (non-existant) OD solenoid (to check the OD pressure switch) then the pressure switch won't respond either, so that may explain the P0871. P0882 means there was no 12V power feed from the trans relay, but that is normal if you're in limp-in (and P0760 or P0871 will put you into limp-in), so that may also be related.

In any event, you definitely need to change to a 2010-style solenoid module, so do that first, and see if it fixes everything. If you still have the other faults after replacing the solenoid, post again and we'll take it from there...
Old 11-22-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransEngineer View Post
I'm assuming those are related to the OD solenoid "disappearance," but hard to say. I would expect P0760 to set first, but obviously if the PCM turns on the (non-existant) OD solenoid (to check the OD pressure switch) then the pressure switch won't respond either, so that may explain the P0871. P0882 means there was no 12V power feed from the trans relay, but that is normal if you're in limp-in (and P0760 or P0871 will put you into limp-in), so that may also be related.

In any event, you definitely need to change to a 2010-style solenoid module, so do that first, and see if it fixes everything. If you still have the other faults after replacing the solenoid, post again and we'll take it from there...
Ok i ll do that tomorrow and i ll post the result as soon as i return the old valve body

Old 11-22-2013, 07:00 PM

Thanks for your help TransEngineer,i replaced the new valve body with the old one and it works ( i drove 20 miles only and no codes ) but noticed that when i move from P to D is normal and soft but if it was on N and i move it to D it makes a click from the back of the truck and its not as soft as from P to N.

Last edited by adventurer; 11-23-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurer View Post
... noticed that when i move from P to D is normal and soft but if it was on N and i move it to D it makes a click from the back of the truck and its not as soft as from P to N.
Actually P and N are hydraulically / operationally identical (except the Park pawl is engaged when in P). So ideally, there shouldn't be any difference between P-D and N-D shifts. I'm guessing that maybe the fact that you have to pass through Reverse (to shift P-D) is affecting things (since it will start to apply Reverse as you pass through that detent).
Old 12-02-2013, 06:27 PM

Default Limp mode again.....

After 400 miles driving ,again limp mode and truck stuck on 4th with codes P0750 and P0882

Old 12-03-2013, 10:08 AM

Concentrate on the P0882 fault. That means no 12V power from the trans relay / TIPM when the truck is first started.

At startup, the PCM checks to see that there is no 12V power coming from the trans relay (the relay should be open at that point, so no power coming through). If it sees no 12V feed (i.e. if everything is OK so far), it signals the trans relay to close. It then checks to see that there IS power coming from the relay. P0882 means that, on this second check, there was still NO power coming from the relay. So I'd guess either a wiring problem (in the signal or power feed between trans relay and PCM) or a bad trans relay.

Fix the P0882 first, and then see if you still have the P0750 fault.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:16 AM

i cleaned the valve body plug last night and it kept on limp mode but this morning when i started the truck every thing is normal like a dream so i re cleaned the plug again but this time good cleaning then i plugged it ,the truck got into limp mode again with the codes but this time i cleared the codes and was surprised after clearing codes it worked though i did this last night and it didn't work,,,