DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.7L (345 cu in) HEMI V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-20-2014, 08:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Saltillo Express is on a distinguished road
Default Friday at Saltillo

Morning everybody -

Yesterday noticed erratic idle on my little '13 hemi express. Popped the hood and found - the back two green screws on the throttle body were sitting about a half inch out. Both of them. Straight from Saltillo plant. Read on this gets much better.

So I get the 8mm and remember someone said this has a plastic intake. Yes it does. PLASTIC. So I take the front two out and pull the throttle body off just to look. The screw holes are straight plastic. There's not even a metal thread sleeve down in the plastic. So I keep my comments in my head and reassemble it. Read on it gets better.

So I remember in the old days that we reset the PCM on these trucks whenever anything was apart or whatever. So I go over to the PCM and unlatch the right harness and it pulls away. When I go to unlatch the left harness, it makes a cracking sound - and pieces of plastic fall off and out of the latch. I tried to reattach it and it won't relatch and is now apart.

How about that? new '13 express with a broken non serviceable wiring harness from the factory 10K miles.

Ya'll have a good day.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:454
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

My company (Tier 1 automotive supplier) has a few manufacturing plants in Mexico, quality has been a major problem and is getting worse. Turn-over is high and training is poor. It is difficult to expect a lot from folks that are scared to go to work because of the crime. Out plants are in areas like Juarez and Monterry.

Crime in the greater Monterry area which includes Saltillo is so bad we have a corporate directive that if we have to go, we have to have our meetings at the airport.

Crime and quality are likely the reasons Chrysler pulled the 200 manufacturing back to Michigan.