DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion

Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrex View Post
You and me too! My last eighth mile times look pretty close to you. 60' time was 2.123sec ET was 9.262 at 77.99 mph and I lost to a new Mustang GT by only .792 sec. I think if I'd had a 2800 stall converter and sprayed a 100-150 shot, mr. Mustang Coyote 5.0 would have been singing the blues. Good representing
Yeah I doubt the coyote would still lose.....a 5.0 with a tune will go low 12s. My coyote on the other hand would hurt any 3rd gen and 4th gen's ram's feelings bad.
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2013, 01:36 AM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHemi View Post
Yeah I doubt the coyote would still lose.....a 5.0 with a tune will go low 12s. My coyote on the other hand would hurt any 3rd gen and 4th gen's ram's feelings bad.
Ha, you have a S/C Coyote, we have a 5, 000 lb brick. Why would it hurt my feelings if you beat me, lol? If you came up on the side of me and tried to race me, I would laugh at you. Then I'd send my 8 and 9 sec boys from Conroe over there to kick your ask, lol!
Old 11-30-2013, 11:46 AM

TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
Ha, you have a S/C Coyote, we have a 5, 000 lb brick. Why would it hurt my feelings if you beat me, lol? If you came up on the side of me and tried to race me, I would laugh at you. Then I'd send my 8 and 9 sec boys from Conroe over there to kick your ask, lol!
Haha yeah I don't waste my gas on Rams lol but your boys from Conroe might get there hand's full come spring time.....I just order a rated 1500rwhp sleeved Shortblock with matching forged internals. So I doubt there are will be many street cars, maybe the 1 percenters, that will be able to hand me my ass.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:24 PM

RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Haha yeah I don't waste my gas on Rams lol but your boys from Conroe might get there hand's full come spring time.....I just order a rated 1500rwhp sleeved Shortblock with matching forged internals. So I doubt there are will be many street cars, maybe the 1 percenters, that will be able to hand me my ass.
Ha ha, that's good to know that you conserve gas so I don't have to drive looking over my shoulder worrying about Wile E Coyote aka TheBlackHemi scheming something up to run me down, lol. Hey, you should go visit the Yellow Bullet " " to trash or be trashed, where the weak are killed and eaten. They have a couple of 7 sec boys over there you can pick on, ha ha! Actually it would be a good place for your Mustang, you should check it out. Just better be able to back your chit before you open your mouth or prepare to get eaten, lol. Good luck with your never ending quest for speed.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:43 AM

Vehicle: 2003 hemi ram
Trim Level: Slt
Color: Flame red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:26
Redhemi03 is on a distinguished road

Wow!!! That's some crazy DA right there!!! I would love to go run in some weather like that lmao
Old 12-01-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhemi03 View Post
Wow!!! That's some crazy DA right there!!! I would love to go run in some weather like that lmao
This is a member on the Yellow Bullet. He ran a 4.29 in the 1/8 and a 6.59 in the 1/4

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 12-01-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 4X4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:45
2012ramHemi is on a distinguished road

Yea we get some real good da's down here in south louisiana
Old 12-01-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
Ha ha, that's good to know that you conserve gas so I don't have to drive looking over my shoulder worrying about Wile E Coyote aka TheBlackHemi scheming something up to run me down, lol. Hey, you should go visit the Yellow Bullet " " to trash or be trashed, where the weak are killed and eaten. They have a couple of 7 sec boys over there you can pick on, ha ha! Actually it would be a good place for your Mustang, you should check it out. Just better be able to back your chit before you open your mouth or prepare to get eaten, lol. Good luck with your never ending quest for speed.
Yeah most of the cars on yellow bullet are stripped down drag cars....I've checked it a handful of times but I'm primarily on SVT where there are more fast street cars.

Trust me if I wanted a drag car I would have went that route but a 9 sec street car is more of my thing. I have a few buddies that run promod so I know what fast is and know how much money they spend to be competitive.

Maybe when I'm your age haha I might want to go all out but I'm perfectly fine spending 20k on the Wile E Coyote to get me deep in the 9s and cracking the 8s in a street car that I can drive to the track with heated seats and nav.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Yeah most of the cars on yellow bullet are stripped down drag cars....I've checked it a handful of times but I'm primarily on SVT where there are more fast street cars.

Trust me if I wanted a drag car I would have went that route but a 9 sec street car is more of my thing. I have a few buddies that run promod so I know what fast is and know how much money they spend to be competitive.

Maybe when I'm your age haha I might want to go all out but I'm perfectly fine spending 20k on the Wile E Coyote to get me deep in the 9s and cracking the 8s in a street car that I can drive to the track with heated seats and nav.
At 28 you've already been faster then me through the 1/4 in a car. Not sure about a bike or a boat but certainly your car is faster then anything I've ever owned. That said, there is a guy on there who I think is a member who did have the worlds fastest street car @ 6.97 Chevy but where does street stop and where does truck at and what level? What I like about the Yellow Bullet is that there is no trash talking, if there is it's all in fun. Probably because they know they'll have to back it up and chance a public loss, he he! Everyone from one brand seems to respect and try to help the other. Second, I like the variety of cars, everyone from a 7 sec Chevy to a 7 sec Volkswagen is there, all makes and models and classes. There's even a badazz 6.05 sec Chevy S-10 Deisel. So I think you and your Mustang and your future plans fit right in there with those guys. They have plenty of slower cars, I was just pointing out that there is always someone faster. There's lots of stock 12 to 13 sec cars there.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:38 AM

And btw, I don't think you'll get away with running 9's with your Mustang without making some serious changes to your chassis and loosing some of your luxuries. Not to mention you'll look very tempting to the police with wheelie bars, a go wing and a parachute sticking out the back of your car. And second, what would you possibly need 800hp on the street for in the first place besides to get yourself killed? Look what happened to PAUL Walker and his pal Roger Rodas, both experienced drivers, especially Rodas who apparently was driving the car. And of all things it was a Porsche that lost control and burst into flames. I could understand if it was a Camaro or Mustang or Challenger....but a Porsche I can't. They must have been going pretty fast. It seems very unprofessional for the driver to put someones life at risk like that. I think you're good enough like you are.