DODGE RAM FORUM banner

macc08's '13 MGM cc Build Thread!

24K views 206 replies 31 participants last post by  macc08 
#1 · (Edited)
Well hello everyone...

So its time I jump onto the wagon and start a build. Although I haven't done nearly as many mods as some others, I decided to start a build nonetheless.. (wish some persuasive words from some other members...)

so here goes!

I Bought the truck off the lot at the end of this past February (2013).

I test drove and signed the papers in the same day, love at first sight.

Shes the 2013 Mineral Grey Metallic Crew Cab Sport with the 5.7 Hemi and 4x4.

3.55 Gears, 8.4AN, power everything, etc. Basically has all the bells and whistles. There are a few things that it doesnt have that I wish it did. Sunroof, ventilated seats and LSD. Other then that, I'm very happy with the truck, and still smile when I see it. I get tons of compliments on it every day, and that makes me feel great!

Anyways, lets get to mods and pics.

Heres the truck a few days after I bought it.

First thing I had done to the truck was get the Bed line-x'ed and got the whole truck Krown'ed (top rust prevention in Canada.)
I don't have any pics of the liner, but im sure everyone know what that looks like.

My first addition was the black Trailfx Step bars. Again, don't have any pics just of the bars, but they can be seen on the truck in other pics.

Next was a 2 in 1 kinda deal.

I bought some Hella Black magic 500's. They are the same as the regular 500's, just have a slightly tinted glass and tinted reflector in the light. At this time, I had the grille out, so at the same time, I removed all the sport grille inserts and plasti-dipped them black. I also dipped the front and rear Ram heads, and debadged the doors and tailgate. Here's some pics of the lights and the install.

Temporary spots, held in with zipe ties to see how I liked it.

Installed, not aligned.

After alignment (grille off).

Switch Location

The next mod, and most fun for me this far, was the RCX Level Kit. As most know, this is a 2.5" spacer in the front and 1.75"(i think) in the rear. The install was a breeze and I had a great time doing it with the help of a few beers! Dipped grille and Rams can be seen here as well. Also, after doing the level, and before these pics, I removed my rear tail lights and 3rd brake light for some tinting. I taped off the reverse light portion (want as much light as possible) and used a great product called VHT Niteshades. Just a rattle can spray tint. I did about 4-5 coats of the tint and about 4 coats of clear. Turned out great!

Up next was the big one, and made me like a giggly little girl. Thanks to Bully's (specifically Andrew) I ordered the V-Tec Warlord Wheels. 18x9 with -12 offset. These are wrapped in the 35x12.5 Toyo M/T's. I love these wheels/tires and think they compliment my truck well!

They stick out a bit, lol

Last mod pic I have is of the grille swap. The sport grille blocked too much light from the hella's and I just plain wasn't a fan of the design. So I swapped my grille with a black honeycomb grille. I love it and think it looks so much better.

Thats all the pics I have of mods, but other mods include the 14" magnaflow muffler which I love. Perfect sound under acceleration, and minimal drone on the highway.

I also have the Huskyliners Weatherbeaters floor mats front and back. I used to have the Huskyliners mud flaps, but took them off and left them off when I got the Wheels/tires.

I think I've covered just about everything. I can always take more pics of everything, so if there are any requests, please let me know!

The mods will be slowing down for a while, as I'm trying to save for the wedding next year, but I will probably be adding little things here and there, and will definitely take some pics when I do.

Thanks, and enjoy!

See less See more
#13 · (Edited)
thanks everyone! i really appreciated the comments.

@ campb402, i love the lights behind the grille. the funtionality isnt great when fogs are on, but it looks sweet, lol

@ robpayneusaf, i love the look of the offset, its perfect for me. as as for the windows, i will be getting them tinted sooner or later, ill probably wait till spring now.

ps, everyone has been repped. :smileup:

#16 ·
they're definitely not as good as having fogs, but they are pretty good. I have mine aimed just below and just outside my lowbeams.

#20 ·
Latest mod, My custom fold flat floor. Cost me $60 in supplies from Home Depot.

I got a 1/2" piece of plywood, some hinges, and some outdoor carpet to cover it.

It ended up taking me about 3 hours to do, which wasn't bad. It was cold outside, but I was determined!

Its not 100% complete, but its assembled, installed and functional. All I have yet to do is cover in carpet, which I will probably do tonight. Ill just take it out of the truck, and bring it inside. Also, I need to install some kind of strap to prevent the floor from overextending and falling, but thats easy, I'll probably just use some leftover carpet.

Heres some pics! Enjoy!

As you can see in this first one, I cut some small, but long pieces and screwed them to the lip of the storage/sub and amp covers and used that as a support.

All Folded up!

Seats down. You can see some of the wood still, but that won't be noticeable once I get that wrapped with carpet.

I'm very happy with the finished product. I can't wait to see what it looks like when all the carpet is on and it looks a little more "stockish"

#26 ·
Update! I braved the cold up here about 2 weeks ago and installed my catch can from Bully's.

Heres some installed pics. (PS, I dont apologize for the dirty truck pics, DEAL WITH IT! :LOL:)

Heres after about a week of driving. Not as much as I thought it would be, but thats a good thing! Its probably about a tablespoon.

If I remember, I'll try to get a pic of my antenna too. Installed it at the same time.

Enjoy!

#39 ·
First time through this thread and I and suitable impressed. Tried to rep you however apparently I must spread some around before giving you any more. Your truck looks awesome so congrats on getting her to this point. :smileup::smileup:

#40 ·
thanks bud! I appreciate the love.

I cant wait to keep adding to her, but other priorities right now, so just little things, lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.