DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:722
macc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to behold
Default macc08's '13 MGM cc Build Thread!

Well hello everyone...

So its time I jump onto the wagon and start a build. Although I haven't done nearly as many mods as some others, I decided to start a build nonetheless.. (wish some persuasive words from some other members...)

so here goes!

I Bought the truck off the lot at the end of this past February (2013).

I test drove and signed the papers in the same day, love at first sight.

Shes the 2013 Mineral Grey Metallic Crew Cab Sport with the 5.7 Hemi and 4x4.

3.55 Gears, 8.4AN, power everything, etc. Basically has all the bells and whistles. There are a few things that it doesnt have that I wish it did. Sunroof, ventilated seats and LSD. Other then that, I'm very happy with the truck, and still smile when I see it. I get tons of compliments on it every day, and that makes me feel great!

Anyways, lets get to mods and pics.

Heres the truck a few days after I bought it.

First thing I had done to the truck was get the Bed line-x'ed and got the whole truck Krown'ed (top rust prevention in Canada.)
I don't have any pics of the liner, but im sure everyone know what that looks like.

My first addition was the black Trailfx Step bars. Again, don't have any pics just of the bars, but they can be seen on the truck in other pics.

Next was a 2 in 1 kinda deal.

I bought some Hella Black magic 500's. They are the same as the regular 500's, just have a slightly tinted glass and tinted reflector in the light. At this time, I had the grille out, so at the same time, I removed all the sport grille inserts and plasti-dipped them black. I also dipped the front and rear Ram heads, and debadged the doors and tailgate. Here's some pics of the lights and the install.

Temporary spots, held in with zipe ties to see how I liked it.

Installed, not aligned.

After alignment (grille off).

Switch Location

The next mod, and most fun for me this far, was the RCX Level Kit. As most know, this is a 2.5" spacer in the front and 1.75"(i think) in the rear. The install was a breeze and I had a great time doing it with the help of a few beers! Dipped grille and Rams can be seen here as well. Also, after doing the level, and before these pics, I removed my rear tail lights and 3rd brake light for some tinting. I taped off the reverse light portion (want as much light as possible) and used a great product called VHT Niteshades. Just a rattle can spray tint. I did about 4-5 coats of the tint and about 4 coats of clear. Turned out great!

Up next was the big one, and made me like a giggly little girl. Thanks to Bully's (specifically Andrew) I ordered the V-Tec Warlord Wheels. 18x9 with -12 offset. These are wrapped in the 35x12.5 Toyo M/T's. I love these wheels/tires and think they compliment my truck well!

They stick out a bit, lol

Last mod pic I have is of the grille swap. The sport grille blocked too much light from the hella's and I just plain wasn't a fan of the design. So I swapped my grille with a black honeycomb grille. I love it and think it looks so much better.

Thats all the pics I have of mods, but other mods include the 14" magnaflow muffler which I love. Perfect sound under acceleration, and minimal drone on the highway.

I also have the Huskyliners Weatherbeaters floor mats front and back. I used to have the Huskyliners mud flaps, but took them off and left them off when I got the Wheels/tires.

I think I've covered just about everything. I can always take more pics of everything, so if there are any requests, please let me know!

The mods will be slowing down for a while, as I'm trying to save for the wedding next year, but I will probably be adding little things here and there, and will definitely take some pics when I do.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Last edited by macc08; 11-29-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2013, 10:21 AM

macc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to beholdmacc08 is a splendid one to behold

Also, heres some pics just for fun.

Enjoy!

Last edited by macc08; 11-29-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:23 AM

Last edited by macc08; 11-29-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:43 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Super sweet, nice truck, love the mods, very sweet ride, and great on the pics, real cool, thanks for sharing, I seen a couple in there for the 2015 calender. Reps as soon as the site lets me, again tks for sharing.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:49 AM

thanks! I was going to submit a few for the 2014, but didnt get around to it. Maybe next year!

also, update as of about 20 mins ago, 13" Black stubby antenna is on its way, lol.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:50 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:563
PappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to all

Nicely done - truck is looking great! Nice write-up & pics as well.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black/Mineral Gray
Rep:219
Boosted has a spectacular aura aboutBoosted has a spectacular aura aboutBoosted has a spectacular aura about

Beautiful truck that gets used....I love it!
Old 11-30-2013, 09:32 PM

Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
Campbell402 will become famous soon enough

Great looking truck brother. How do you like the lights behind the grill? I have some black magics sitting in the garage in the box that I was going to sell, but after seeing this I might use them.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:31 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 TRX4
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:195
robpayneusaf has a spectacular aura aboutrobpayneusaf has a spectacular aura about

Very nice truck! Love they grey and black color combo! those wheels and tires fit it perfectly. oh also, KCCO!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:28 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Great looking truck, sexy as hell. Most excellent show and tell! Reps when it'll let me.