DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

someone correct me if i am mistaken

It sounds like your radio needs a external Uconnect Module

Chrysler has 2 different RES 130 radios
RES 130s, it has the phone hard key on the face of the radio, it uses the same uconnect module as the RBZ 430 & RHB 430 radios, if i recall correctly

RES 130 radio does not have a phone hard key, that radio uses a different Uconnect module

i believe the uconnect modules are placed in the passenger side kick panel

IF your radio does not have a uconnect module or it is malfunctioning, they are high priced, even on eBay
Personally i would install an after market radio & get all the features that you want & or need.
Go to the Crutchfield website & enter your Ram information, a page will appear & the page has options that are available, like Bluetooth, which is another name for Uconnect. The Crutchfield site will then list radios the are compatible for the model Ram that you have & the options that you have chosen
http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/c...car%2fcar.aspx
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 01-19-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2014, 07:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

There are 2 updates for the 2011 Uconnect system, can you give me the link to the thread of the update that you did? You may still have one to perform. Also depends on the build date of the vehicle.
You won't get texting capabilities with the iPhone, Apple doesn't support MAP (Message Access Profile) the way other phones do and expects the supplier to conform to them instead of them (Apple) making the needed changes in order to work with Uconnect. If the supplier made changes in order to work with Apple, then there would be issues with all the other phones that currently work with Uconnect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickhard View Post
Thanks for the reply. I got the radio installed thursday and all is good. Found the updates for the RBZ and did them in steps and awesome. Looks much better and works better too. Also found your updates for the Uconnect and did the 1 update and it solved that. But I have a question about the updates? Is it just the one update for us or is there any other updates? Still don't have text ability with my iPhone which kinda sucks. The update for the Uconnect I used is the uconnect.upd file.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:42 AM

1) If when you press the Uconnect button, there are no voice prompts or you see "Uconnect not available", then it's not installed. You can find the MOPAR kit PN 82212159 & the optional iPod / USB cable PN 82212160 both online for about $250 for both parts. Then after the installation (which is simple) is done, the vehicle needs to go to the dealer to have it programmed for sales code RSP. Call around for this price, it'll range from 50 -$100.

2) As mentioned by GT yankee, you can replace your radio with an aftermarket radio with built in BT, iPod/ USB features, you'll need the radio, installation kit, CAN BUS & steering wheel control (if you have SWC buttons) adapter modules as well as the radio. One thing to remember is that an aftermarket radio will work in most vehicles unlike the factory radio. Because of this, the radio is desirable and is an invitation to theft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Flag View Post
I am a newbie to this forum, so hopefully I am in the right area for this question. I recently purchased a 2011 Ram Big Horn and according to the build sheet my truck came equipped with the RESS Uconnect 130 AM/FM/CD/MP3 stereo. However, when I push the Uconnect, or bluetooth buttons, nothing happens. Whats up? Do I have these features or not??
Old 01-22-2014, 10:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
kickhard is on a distinguished road

Hey I did the update post on this page
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....connect+update
Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 AM

Ok, great. Both of the updates are listed on that page, did you do both or just the 1st one?
These are currently the only updates available for the 2011 vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickhard View Post
Hey I did the update post on this page
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....connect+update
Old 01-23-2014, 10:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: red
kickhard is on a distinguished road

i just found the one. I will look again
Old 01-29-2014, 03:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
kdsooner is on a distinguished road

xsdbs, are you aware of the update that came out for the 2012 RHB? http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...B-RBZ-50-00-07

Apparently a few people have tried this on the 2011 RHB with success. I'm thinking about trying it. Thoughts?
Old 02-03-2014, 05:15 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 4x4 Sport 5.7
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Jstin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Ok, great. Both of the updates are listed on that page, did you do both or just the 1st one?
These are currently the only updates available for the 2011 vehicles.
I can only find the first one. The link in post #23 seems to refer to something different. The first one helped a lot. Not even sure I want to risk another one. Lol... But if you think it's worth it, I'm in..
2011 RAM 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7, 18" Magnaflow, Drop in K&N filter, BT CC, TonnoPro Lo-Roll, front tow hooks, cabin filter, Moes 85mm TB, Homemade CAI, Bilstein leveled 2.1", tailgate assist. AVS in channel visors
Old 02-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
kdsooner is on a distinguished road

I had version 23, then updated to ver 33, then to 50. I like it much better.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 4x4 Sport 5.7
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Jstin is on a distinguished road

I bought this truck a couple months ago. It's in a time warp. Looks like nothing has been updated. I did an update today that got rid of the chipmunks & BT streaming is pretty good now. I have no idea what version I have now. It wont pull up after pressing & holding the Uconnect button.

How do you know what version you're on? And where do I get the next update?

I don't get the whole Uconnect update vs radio update either..... I'm pretty sure I updated the Uconnect today. How do I update the radio? I had it at the dealer a couple weeks ago & asked them to make sure that radio had the most recent update. They said it does. I think they're wrong.

I have the 430 (non-N) RBZ radio.
2011 RAM 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7, 18" Magnaflow, Drop in K&N filter, BT CC, TonnoPro Lo-Roll, front tow hooks, cabin filter, Moes 85mm TB, Homemade CAI, Bilstein leveled 2.1", tailgate assist. AVS in channel visors

Last edited by Jstin; 02-03-2014 at 06:50 PM.