DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Yes, that is for the radio only and it can be applied to the 2011 radios. If your current radio SW is 33.xx then you can apply it directly. If your radio SW is lower that 33.xx, then you'll want to go to 33.xx first, then do the 50.xx update. The 33.xx can be found with a little searching also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdsooner View Post
xsdbs, are you aware of the update that came out for the 2012 RHB? http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...B-RBZ-50-00-07

Apparently a few people have tried this on the 2011 RHB with success. I'm thinking about trying it. Thoughts?
Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2014, 07:38 AM

sorry, my mistake. I'm not sure why I said #23. See the 1st post in that thread, toward the bottom of the posting you'll see where I mentioned the 2nd update:

Part 2
I’m also going to add this update here for members that have just applied the above update. You will notice that the Bluetooth streaming audio sound quality is not so great. After you have applied the above update then (and only then) apply this update the same way that you did the one above. Go to my thread link below and see post # 23 for the file link.
http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?...11+streaming+a udio&page=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstin View Post
I can only find the first one. The link in post #23 seems to refer to something different. The first one helped a lot. Not even sure I want to risk another one. Lol... But if you think it's worth it, I'm in..
Old 02-04-2014, 07:44 AM

Getting the Uconnect SW version by pressing those buttons is a supported feature on 2012 and newer vehicles. After doing the Uconnect updates, your module will have SW version 43.01.40
The radio has its own SW verssion which can be found by pressing the menu button --> system set up --> system information -->on that screen, you'll see the radio SW version. Then there are updates online for the radio.

Quote:
I bought this truck a couple months ago. It's in a time warp. Looks like nothing has been updated. I did an update today that got rid of the chipmunks & BT streaming is pretty good now. I have no idea what version I have now. It wont pull up after pressing & holding the Uconnect button.

How do you know what version you're on? And where do I get the next update?

I don't get the whole Uconnect update vs radio update either..... I'm pretty sure I updated the Uconnect today. How do I update the radio? I had it at the dealer a couple weeks ago & asked them to make sure that radio had the most recent update. They said it does. I think they're wrong.

I have the 430 (non-N) RBZ radio.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 4x4 Sport 5.7
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Jstin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
sorry, my mistake. I'm not sure why I said #23. See the 1st post in that thread, toward the bottom of the posting you'll see where I mentioned the 2nd update:

Part 2
Im also going to add this update here for members that have just applied the above update. You will notice that the Bluetooth streaming audio sound quality is not so great. After you have applied the above update then (and only then) apply this update the same way that you did the one above. Go to my thread link below and see post # 23 for the file link.
http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?...11+streaming+a udio&page=3
The link above is to your post asking people to make a list if unhappy with the BT streaming. I don't see any links to an update.
Could you have possibly meant this one?
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....connect+update
If so the link at the very bottom is not clickable.
The first link in this post to the uconnect.Upd is the one that I've done & it worked well. I'm still looking for the second uconnect update. Then I'll try to get the radio updated.

Thank you very much for your help.
2011 RAM 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7, 18" Magnaflow, Drop in K&N filter, BT CC, TonnoPro Lo-Roll, front tow hooks, cabin filter, Moes 85mm TB, Homemade CAI, Bilstein leveled 2.1", tailgate assist. AVS in channel visors
Old 02-05-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
The link above is to your post asking people to make a list if unhappy with the BT streaming. I don't see any links to an update.
Could you have possibly meant this one?
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....connect+update
If so the link at the very bottom is not clickable.
The first link in this post to the uconnect.Upd is the one that I've done & it worked well. I'm still looking for the second uconnect update. Then I'll try to get the radio updated.

Thank you very much for your help.
Oh jeez. I think I figured it out. The 2nd update is linked in post #23 in your list request sticky. I was looking in the other one. Forgive me.

I have it on my thumb drive. Hopefully it works. Cheers~
2011 RAM 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7, 18" Magnaflow, Drop in K&N filter, BT CC, TonnoPro Lo-Roll, front tow hooks, cabin filter, Moes 85mm TB, Homemade CAI, Bilstein leveled 2.1", tailgate assist. AVS in channel visors
Old 02-07-2014, 08:27 AM

glad that you got it figured out, have you been able to perform it yet? If so, how do you like the sound now?

Quote:
Oh jeez. I think I figured it out. The 2nd update is linked in post #23 in your list request sticky. I was looking in the other one. Forgive me.

I have it on my thumb drive. Hopefully it works. Cheers~
Old 02-07-2014, 03:16 PM

It's far superior than what it was. Not on par with the radio or a CD but I'll take it. Thanks again.

I've taken the truck to 2 different RAM dealers. Both times I'd only gotten the first Uconnect update done and none to the radio. The radio has version 20.02.01 on it still. Both dealers told me that everything has the latest updates. One even scolded me saying, "the Internet is a dangerous place full of information that is impossible for us to do." CrAzY.......