DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My Build Thread!

21K views 101 replies 25 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
I previously had a 2005 Ram 1500 with the HEMI that had a grocery list worth of mods on it with a lowered stance sort of style. I've since traded that one in on a 2013 RAM 1500 Sport 4x4 and figured I'd hop on this wagon and start my own build thread as I start on my off-road style rig!

The truck is in the air at the shop as we speak! Having a 6" ProComp suspension lift with ProRunner shocks all the way around installed! To accompany the lift I've chosen a set of 20x10 Fuel Hostage wheels in matte black with a -24mm offset and I will be trying out some 35" Hankook DynaPro M/T's to wrap them in!

I am taking progression pictures as the install comes along but it's hard for me to upload the pics here at the office, so I will upload some pics tonight when I get home! :D

#3 ·
that's what I'm sayin.

looking forward to pics.

and I'm glad you decided on the lifted route this time around ;)

#5 ·
I assume most of you guys are like me in that I like to see progression pictures of major installs…not just simple before and afters.

The front suspension is complete!

The rear is all complete now….

All that's left for tomorrow is to install the wheels, tires, and do an alignment! :smile up:

#8 · (Edited)

And a shot of it from the rear with the sway bar installed.

God damn, man doesn't waste any time lol. Can't wait to see the tires on, going to look so mean. Do you have any pics of your lowered Ram?
Waste time? I guess you could say I don't since this is only my third week of having the truck lol
I'll post a couple pics of my old ram tonight as well for you....but here is a teaser in the meantime.

#11 · (Edited)
We've run into a slight problem at the moment. The passenger side front won't align correctly. The toe won't go in at all so we've ordered a new upper and lower tie rod for that side and will try to align it again after those are installed.

#12 ·
She's done! We got the new factory tie rods in and trimmed both of their threads about 1/4 of an inch as the ProComp install instructions stated that this "may" have to be done to correct it.
I'm having her cleaned up this evening and will take some decent pictures tomorrow since it's already dark here.

So stoked with how she looks!!!!:ura1:

#14 · (Edited)
Pictures truly don't even do this truck justice anymore, looks amazing in person! Keep in mind these pics are taken quickly and with an iPhone camera so they're not the greatest! But without further a due…

AND finally, just for a height reference...

I'll get it cleaned up really well this weekend, depending upon weather here of course since it's been icy and 20 degrees for the last 5 days, and I'll take some good quality shots of her!
Also, I'll continue to post on here frequently to review the lift as time progresses and state any issues, pros, and cons.

Next in order is a pair of black Nfab nerf steps and an exhaust. I was originally going to get a set of color matched bushwhacker fender flares for it, but the tires don't stick out quite as far as I was thinking they would…So give me some input on the fender flares…yes or no?!

#15 ·
Commented on the pro comp thread, but will say it again... Niiiiiccee job man, looks killer! I like the OEM 2500 smooth flares the best. The pocket style look great too if that's the look you are going for, and they also are wider for practicality. I personally like the smooth, clean look. Those nfabs would look great as well!

#16 ·
awesome awesome awesome

great job

#22 ·
Well as of right now I'm probably going to go with the bushwhacker flares painted to match. Once I saw it lifted, at first I wasn't going to put any on it, but I don't want rocks/mud/water to be flying up and chipping the sides of the truck and also want to be able to roll my windows down while driving without water being sprayed up inside (currently hits my windows lol).

The other decision I am currently working on is the Nfab black nerf bars. I don't know if I want to go with cab length bars or wheel to wheel bars with a 3rd step for the bed...

These decisions make a life just so difficult...:LOL:

#23 ·
nice looking truck dude

#24 ·
Have you measured how far your tires actually stick out past the fender? Honestly I'd be hesitant to put bushwacker pocket flares on it.... with the lift and how narrow your tires look (from the pictures at least) you'll probably be tucked under a bit which won't look that good IMO. I'd definitely recommend OEM 2500 flares for the set up you have right now unless you plan on putting wider/taller tires on down the road.

Other than that the truck looks sick man! Love the white sports with black rims, definitely a sick set up! :smiley_thumbs_up:

#26 ·
Have you measured how far your tires actually stick out past the fender? Honestly I'd be hesitant to put bushwacker pocket flares on it.... with the lift and how narrow your tires look (from the pictures at least) you'll probably be tucked under a bit which won't look that good IMO. I'd definitely recommend OEM 2500 flares for the set up you have right now unless you plan on putting wider/taller tires on down the road.

Other than that the truck looks sick man! Love the white sports with black rims, definitely a sick set up! :smiley_thumbs_up:
I appreciate the input! No I haven't measured it just yet, I'll probably do that tonight because I also want to know how tall my fenders are on each side! And that's why I was originally hesitant on it...I don't want the flares to stick out further than the tires. But at the same time just driving down the road/highway, currently if I hit a puddle or wet spot I have water that is splashed all the way up on my rolled up windows. I'd like to be able to roll the windows down without getting dirty inside the cab lol.

#25 ·
Love the look. I love em lowered, and I love em lifted, especially the fact that your truck is bright white. Man best color on a Ram Period!

#27 ·
Quick little mod last night...hardwired my radar detector. It now mounts just below the rear view mirror and I now have my mute button for it just below all of the accessory buttons on the center dash! Will post pics later!

#39 ·
Also, was finally able to get my original before picture and get an after picture of the same angle.
Before:

After:

awesome truck dood!! Love the white!

Im surprised no one picked up on this but, the location of the parking lot where you took this pic, along with the contents of the picture AND your sig, all go hand in hand!!!!! toys for days!

#30 ·
beautiful truck! How do you like the Hankooks? Trying to decide on a tire for my truck once the weather breaks and I can install my lift. Was there a reason you chose these over Nittos or Toyos? Again, bad ass truck! Cant wait till I can do mine!

#32 ·
I read reviews on them and they had overall great reviews. Plus they're $100 cheaper per tire than the Nitto's and Toyo's where I'm at.
So far I love them. They're a little quieter than a lot of M/T's and so far have good handling to them as well.

#34 · (Edited)
First time off-road…going back to these trails/mud holes again tomorrow afternoon!
Twisted!
And my favorite picture of the day which is now my new background lol..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.