DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion


Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Kamanhart's Avatar
Kamanhart Kamanhart is offline
Man Up And Cam Up
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Peoria, Il
Age: 22
Posts: 1,028
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:1045
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of
Question Say it aint so?!?

Im not from New York but i stumbled upon this article and i really hope it isnt true, can anyone verify?

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/06/ne...-and-shotguns/
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 12-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Hermes1's Avatar
Hermes1 Hermes1 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 60
Posts: 2,575
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 8
Rep:2549
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

While this is the first I have read this, NYC has some pretty strict gun laws so I would not doubt it.
__________________
Regards, Bruce
Sure you can take my truck, the door is un-locked and the keys are under my Akita.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-10-2013, 06:29 PM
PaulMys PaulMys is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 44
Posts: 5,859
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 1500
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 11
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation
Default

Sounds about right. Don't bring a firearm anywhere around NYC if you don't want to go to prison for 5 years. Nice, huh? (Oh, but the criminals still have them!) Bloomburg is a Nazi. He has also outlawed soft drinks bigger than 20 oz. (I could be wrong on the oz.'s) within NYC limits. This is supposed to help with obesity. You really can't make this stuff up!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Hermes1's Avatar
Hermes1 Hermes1 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 60
Posts: 2,575
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 8
Rep:2549
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
Sounds about right. Don't bring a firearm anywhere around NYC if you don't want to go to prison for 5 years. Nice, huh? (Oh, but the criminals still have them!) Bloomburg is a Nazi. He has also outlawed soft drinks bigger than 20 oz. (I could be wrong on the oz.'s) within NYC limits. This is supposed to help with obesity. You really can't make this stuff up!
Agree with you Paul.
__________________
Regards, Bruce
Sure you can take my truck, the door is un-locked and the keys are under my Akita.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-10-2013, 11:06 PM
primo spaghetti's Avatar
primo spaghetti primo spaghetti is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member



 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: southern ontario
Posts: 2,296
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep Power: 6
Rep:910
primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold
Default

my uncle lives in NY state and this summer he was telling me that many rifles were being outlawed in NY state...not just NYC.

he said "dont worry, we at the NRA are fighting it"...lol. it made me laugh.

to us up here in Canada, being able to own some of these rifles would be like seeing two unicorns in the same day.
__________________
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Kamanhart's Avatar
Kamanhart Kamanhart is offline
Man Up And Cam Up
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Peoria, Il
Age: 22
Posts: 1,028
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:1045
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of
Default

That is just some total Crap my condolences to any one that has to live in that state and loves firearms!! PaulMys that sucks to hear for you and Primo i dont know anything about the gun laws up in canada but from the sounds of it Illinois gun laws are something i should be greatful for right about now
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-11-2013, 11:14 PM
PaulMys PaulMys is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 44
Posts: 5,859
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 1500
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 11
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
That is just some total Crap my condolences to any one that has to live in that state and loves firearms!! PaulMys that sucks to hear for you and Primo i dont know anything about the gun laws up in canada but from the sounds of it Illinois gun laws are something i should be greatful for right about now
Don't get me wrong on this. I was just talking about New York City. (The boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Kings, Queens, & Staten Island). On Long Island, you can own just about any firearm known to man, but there are restrictions on the use and transportation of them. Rifle usage here is restricted to shooting ranges, and very select areas. I happen to agree with this. The reason is that Long Island is so densely populated that you are very rarely in an area which is more than 500' from a residence. Over-zealous deer hunters shooting out your HDTV on Saturday morning, or worse, killing someone is very undesirable. Auto, or semi-auto weapons are strictly for ranges, and I agree on this for reasons previously stated. These laws may seem restrictive compared to many other areas of the country, but are hardly the draconian "ban" that NYC strictly enforces. I am also permitted to defend my household with deadly force, provided the intruder is fully within the confines of my residence. If you do this within the jurisdiction of NYC, it is off to prison you go! (This is my truncated version)

Last edited by PaulMys; 12-12-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-12-2013, 12:42 AM
DarthRam's Avatar
DarthRam DarthRam is offline
Join the Dark Ram Side!

 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Duluth MN
Age: 43
Posts: 1,845
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 5
Rep:1534
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
Don't get me wrong on this. I was just talking about New York City. (The boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Kings, Queens, & Staten Island). On Long Island, you can own just about any firearm known to man, but there are restrictions on the use and transportation of them. Rifle usage here is restricted to shooting ranges, and very select areas. I happen to agree with this. The reason is that Long Island is so densely populated that you are very rarely in an area which is more than 500' from a residence. Over-zealous deer hunters shooting out your HDTV on Saturday morning, or worse, killing someone is very undesirable. Auto, or semi-auto weapons are strictly for ranges, and I agree on this for reasons previously stated. These laws may seem restrictive compared to many other areas of the country, but are hardly the draconian "ban" that NYC strictly enforces. I am also permitted to defend my household with deadly force, provided the intruder is fully within the confines of my residence. If you do this within the jurisdiction of NYC, it is off to prison you go! (This is my truncated version)
I have guns but I don't hunt for the reasons you stated. I have total confidence that I am not going to shoot someone while out hunting. Problem is the guy who is hung over from drinking at the hunting shack the night before shoots his rifle without thinking and the bullet does what bullets do and travels far enough to take my head off. Seems every year someone dies in a hunting accident because someone forgot the thing that goes bang in their hand kills things.

Two years ago one of the supervisors at the place I work had buddies that went hunting. They lost track of each other and two guys were opposite from each other lining up a deer. One guy caught the other guy in the face. Died instantly. No thanks. I'll just shoot at paper targets...and any intruders of course.

I don't have a C&C but restrictions aren't that bad here. Rifle (Or handgun) needs to be unloaded and as far away from the occupants as possible in a closed case. Ammo (Or loaded mag) needs to be in a separate bag or case.
__________________
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover

Last edited by DarthRam; 12-12-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Kamanhart's Avatar
Kamanhart Kamanhart is offline
Man Up And Cam Up
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Peoria, Il
Age: 22
Posts: 1,028
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:1045
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
Don't get me wrong on this. I was just talking about New York City. (The boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Kings, Queens, & Staten Island). On Long Island, you can own just about any firearm known to man, but there are restrictions on the use and transportation of them. Rifle usage here is restricted to shooting ranges, and very select areas. I happen to agree with this. The reason is that Long Island is so densely populated that you are very rarely in an area which is more than 500' from a residence. Over-zealous deer hunters shooting out your HDTV on Saturday morning, or worse, killing someone is very undesirable. Auto, or semi-auto weapons are strictly for ranges, and I agree on this for reasons previously stated. These laws may seem restrictive compared to many other areas of the country, but are hardly the draconian "ban" that NYC strictly enforces. I am also permitted to defend my household with deadly force, provided the intruder is fully within the confines of my residence. If you do this within the jurisdiction of NYC, it is off to prison you go! (This is my truncated version)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRam View Post
I have guns but I don't hunt for the reasons you stated. I have total confidence that I am not going to shoot someone while out hunting. Problem is the guy who is hung over from drinking at the hunting shack the night before shoots his rifle without thinking and the bullet does what bullets do and travels far enough to take my head off. Seems every year someone dies in a hunting accident because someone forgot the thing that goes bang in their hand kills things.

Two years ago one of the supervisors at the place I work had buddies that went hunting. They lost track of each other and two guys were opposite from each other lining up a deer. One guy caught the other guy in the face. Died instantly. No thanks. I'll just shoot at paper targets...and any intruders of course.

I don't have a C&C but restrictions aren't that bad here. Rifle (Or handgun) needs to be unloaded and as far away from the occupants as possible in a closed case. Ammo (Or loaded mag) needs to be in a separate bag or case.
I can definitely see this from the hunting stand point, but that is like saying guys that live in town are restricted to 200 hp cars since they only need to go 45.. You should have the ability to own the weapon of your choice but the actual use of it can be limited.. In Illinois it is illegal to hunt anything (besides coyotes) with anything more then a shotgun, muzzleloader, or revolver. this takes down the possibility of shooting out you neighbors tv a good margin. Im just saying it would be more justifiable to make a law like that then just say no you cant own them period.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Warlock III Warlock III is offline
Former Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Earth...DUH!
Posts: 7,867
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 95
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 11
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
Sounds about right. Don't bring a firearm anywhere around NYC if you don't want to go to prison for 5 years. Nice, huh? (Oh, but the criminals still have them!) Bloomburg is a Nazi. He has also outlawed soft drinks bigger than 20 oz. (I could be wrong on the oz.'s) within NYC limits. This is supposed to help with obesity. You really can't make this stuff up!
This reminds me of the movie Zombieland. Rule #1 Cardio. It seems that the fat people were the first to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanhart View Post
I can definitely see this from the hunting stand point, but that is like saying guys that live in town are restricted to 200 hp cars since they only need to go 45.. You should have the ability to own the weapon of your choice but the actual use of it can be limited.. In Illinois it is illegal to hunt anything (besides coyotes) with anything more then a shotgun, muzzleloader, or revolver. this takes down the possibility of shooting out you neighbors tv a good margin. Im just saying it would be more justifiable to make a law like that then just say no you cant own them period.
I like the analogy. Very apropos.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum