DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion


Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 12-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Red2014 Red2014 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Elmira, Ontario Canada
Age: 33
Posts: 34
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:32
Red2014 is on a distinguished road
Default

I live in Canada and this is where my complaint lies with our legal system.
If a intruder breaks into my house and I break one of his limbs, I can legally be charged with assault. God for bid I shoot him regardless if he has a weapon or not, I according to the law can be charged with murder. What's even more laughable is if the intruder tries to run away and falls down the stairs breaking his leg, he has the legal right to sue me.
The law does state that I have the right to defend myself and my family. But and I say BUT with the minimal amount of force needed and if I go beyond that I can legally be charged.
I used to work for a snowmobile and atv dealer. He had a break in in his shop and that was where his dogs would spend the nights in the winter.
Guys breaks in dog bites him criminal sues owner and wins. The owner was forced to have the dog put down.

As far as I know this is still right. I haven't heard or checked on this in a long time. If I'm wrong I apologize.

Last edited by Red2014; 12-12-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #12  
Old 12-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Ahays63's Avatar
Ahays63 Ahays63 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: McCook Nebraska
Posts: 244
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 3
Rep:267
Ahays63 is a jewel in the roughAhays63 is a jewel in the roughAhays63 is a jewel in the rough
Default

i gotta be thankful i live where i do on this matter...lol if someone is in a detached garage or shed anything that is my property you can shoot him while my dogs are gnawing his leg off. Intruders/burglers/criminals...even the few murderers weve hard around these parts arent tolerated lightly like it should be. on that note someone wants to break into my house where my wife and newborn is you bet your a** the sound of a shotgun pumping is gonna be the scariest thing its ever heard...maybe the last thing itll hear on that note
__________________
awww no mods yet due to restarting on a new pick up
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Thebestestdrummer's Avatar
Thebestestdrummer Thebestestdrummer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Age: 19
Posts: 940
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 3
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014 View Post
I live in Canada and this is where my complaint lies with our legal system.
If a intruder breaks into my house and I break one of his limbs, I can legally be charged with assault. God for bid I shoot him regardless if he has a weapon or not, I according to the law can be charged with murder. What's even more laughable is if the intruder tries to run away and falls down the stairs breaking his leg, he has the legal right to sue me.
The law does state that I have the right to defend myself and my family. But and I say BUT with the minimal amount of force needed and if I go beyond that I can legally be charged.
I used to work for a snowmobile and atv dealer. He had a break in in his shop and that was where his dogs would spend the nights in the winter.
Guys breaks in dog bites him criminal sues owner and wins. The owner was forced to have the dog put down.

As far as I know this is still right. I haven't heard or checked on this in a long time. If I'm wrong I apologize.
Which is bullshit. I entirely agree. If someone breaks in, they better be prepared to have their ass handed to them. Don't want to die? Don't break into my house.
__________________
2 10 Memphis Power Reference Subs with SPL Z2X-1600 amp JVC head unit,
Advanced 3 million Underbody LED kit,
Air horn "AHHOOOGA" horn,
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-12-2013, 12:22 PM
gonefishin776's Avatar
gonefishin776 gonefishin776 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Stafford, Virginia
Age: 24
Posts: 5,908
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 8
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014 View Post
I live in Canada and this is where my complaint lies with our legal system.
If a intruder breaks into my house and I break one of his limbs, I can legally be charged with assault. God for bid I shoot him regardless if he has a weapon or not, I according to the law can be charged with murder. What's even more laughable is if the intruder tries to run away and falls down the stairs breaking his leg, he has the legal right to sue me.
The law does state that I have the right to defend myself and my family. But and I say BUT with the minimal amount of force needed and if I go beyond that I can legally be charged.
I used to work for a snowmobile and atv dealer. He had a break in in his shop and that was where his dogs would spend the nights in the winter.
Guys breaks in dog bites him criminal sues owner and wins. The owner was forced to have the dog put down.

As far as I know this is still right. I haven't heard or checked on this in a long time. If I'm wrong I apologize.
I've heard of that law even in the states. not sure on the credibility and exactness of it. I do know because of that, a lot of people's philosophy is shoot to kill. don't wound them, as much as you would like to them suffer and be reminded up breaking into the wrong house. shoot to kill so they can't speak against you/sue you for something stupid.

i'm new into carrying, just got my CCW and a new carry gun so I've been reading up on laws and following all this. i've never been political, not even registered to vote because I just don't care. but now I'm seeing a reason to. The illogical laws are just absolutely mind boggling as to who comes up with them and votes them in. it's just insanity.

how can people be SO SO SO stupid? it scares me. I'm supposed to trust and surround myself with these people when shit goes bad? seriously?

it's a whole debated topic that will go on forever with many different views that it's just overwhelming.

i can spend hours hours hours on youtube, internet, talking to people learning about guns, the laws, tactics, advice, opinions. just the wealth of opinions and knowledge out there is so vast. it's very very interesting
__________________
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Ahays63's Avatar
Ahays63 Ahays63 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: McCook Nebraska
Posts: 244
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 3
Rep:267
Ahays63 is a jewel in the roughAhays63 is a jewel in the roughAhays63 is a jewel in the rough
Default

yea i dont understand why there attacking the responible gun owners such as us who follow all the laws and get our carry and concealed permit. i was always taught from a young age to RESPECT the weapon, they think that if they unarm america criminals wont be able to get guns....false one way or another the hoodlums who have no respect for laws or guns are going to get them. perhaps if they were less strict against those who are responsible, such as ourselves, some of them crazy idiots who have no respect and went on shooting rampages wouldnt have got as many shots off...JMO, if someone tried going on a shooting spree here where i live, they'd maybe get off one shot cause about every other vehicle here has some kind of weapon hanging in the back window or stuffed under the rear seat by people who use them for what there for.
__________________
awww no mods yet due to restarting on a new pick up
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Thebestestdrummer's Avatar
Thebestestdrummer Thebestestdrummer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Age: 19
Posts: 940
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 3
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light
Default



the first part is kind of boring. But she does make some very good points.
I really could care less that shes 15, but rather the obvious statements shes making.
__________________
2 10 Memphis Power Reference Subs with SPL Z2X-1600 amp JVC head unit,
Advanced 3 million Underbody LED kit,
Air horn "AHHOOOGA" horn,
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Canadian Hemi Pride's Avatar
Canadian Hemi Pride Canadian Hemi Pride is offline
Stickers add Horsepower


 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 22
Posts: 6,277
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 10
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014 View Post
I live in Canada and this is where my complaint lies with our legal system.
If a intruder breaks into my house and I break one of his limbs, I can legally be charged with assault. God for bid I shoot him regardless if he has a weapon or not, I according to the law can be charged with murder. What's even more laughable is if the intruder tries to run away and falls down the stairs breaking his leg, he has the legal right to sue me.
The law does state that I have the right to defend myself and my family. But and I say BUT with the minimal amount of force needed and if I go beyond that I can legally be charged.
I used to work for a snowmobile and atv dealer. He had a break in in his shop and that was where his dogs would spend the nights in the winter.
Guys breaks in dog bites him criminal sues owner and wins. The owner was forced to have the dog put down.

As far as I know this is still right. I haven't heard or checked on this in a long time. If I'm wrong I apologize.
Last time I heard, this is still accurate, as stupid as hell. This is where the line is crossed of Canada being a peaceful country. How is it right that someone has then intention of damaging your property, planning to steal your hard earned belonging, and potentially harming or killing you and your loved ones? If this person already has the intentions on breaking the law, what is to say that they don't have a illegal firearm or another deadly weapon on them and not afraid to use it. The fact that can also sue and win is complete bs too. No way that crime should ever win. Someone breaks into my house and falls and breaks his leg while carrying my tv down the stairs, I don't recall allowing him permission onto my property, damaging my house with forced entry and removing my tv and taking it for themselves. What allows them the rights to sue against me, the F*cker should be lucky to still be alive and it just shows how even if they get injured and their original plan is ruined, they will make more money off of it.
The only people that are being punished and treated unfairly is the gun owners who follow all the rules and the laws and pay to have this firearm. These people are responsible with possession of these guns, follow the laws for transferring the firearm, and storing it. Yes there is accidental death in hunting accidents, but everything has accidental death. What is to say that when you go to start your vehicle, that something goes wrong and it blows up? or that a building collapses with you in it? There is no way real way to prevent death from happening, just some people against firearms believe that without guns there won't be any. Go ahead "bann" firearms, the people that use them to break the law, murder, rob businesses and hold hostages won't be phased at all. They will still have the same easy access to them as before, and will only make civilians more at risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
I've heard of that law even in the states. not sure on the credibility and exactness of it. I do know because of that, a lot of people's philosophy is shoot to kill. don't wound them, as much as you would like to them suffer and be reminded up breaking into the wrong house. shoot to kill so they can't speak against you/sue you for something stupid.

i'm new into carrying, just got my CCW and a new carry gun so I've been reading up on laws and following all this. i've never been political, not even registered to vote because I just don't care. but now I'm seeing a reason to. The illogical laws are just absolutely mind boggling as to who comes up with them and votes them in. it's just insanity.

how can people be SO SO SO stupid? it scares me. I'm supposed to trust and surround myself with these people when shit goes bad? seriously?

it's a whole debated topic that will go on forever with many different views that it's just overwhelming.

i can spend hours hours hours on youtube, internet, talking to people learning about guns, the laws, tactics, advice, opinions. just the wealth of opinions and knowledge out there is so vast. it's very very interesting
These laws were made by monkeys. I have been interested in getting into hunting to go with my friends, and getting a gun.. But it is such a hassle now that it is so annoying. This is a main reason why I am interested in buying a compound bow to start off with, just a little bit easier.
__________________
Brandon...Check out my build thread here
For any help or advice, send me a message or post on my profile here
Any Leveling/offset questions? Go HERE
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-12-2013, 02:35 PM
gonefishin776's Avatar
gonefishin776 gonefishin776 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Stafford, Virginia
Age: 24
Posts: 5,908
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 8
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post

These laws were made by monkeys. I have been interested in getting into hunting to go with my friends, and getting a gun.. But it is such a hassle now that it is so annoying. This is a main reason why I am interested in buying a compound bow to start off with, just a little bit easier.
not sure of the laws and how difficult it is, but if you are really interested, take the time to do it. it's a very pleasurable and interesting hobby/sport/way of life. to learn to use and respect a firearm is so unique and teaches you so much.

but that is a good start, a bow! very fun.

both have their perks!
__________________
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Kamanhart's Avatar
Kamanhart Kamanhart is offline
Man Up And Cam Up
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Peoria, Il
Age: 22
Posts: 942
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 3
Rep:999
Kamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer View Post
the first part is kind of boring. But she does make some very good points.
I really could care less that shes 15, but rather the obvious statements shes making.
very interesting video and lots of awesome points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Last time I heard, this is still accurate, as stupid as hell. This is where the line is crossed of Canada being a peaceful country. How is it right that someone has then intention of damaging your property, planning to steal your hard earned belonging, and potentially harming or killing you and your loved ones? If this person already has the intentions on breaking the law, what is to say that they don't have a illegal firearm or another deadly weapon on them and not afraid to use it. The fact that can also sue and win is complete bs too. No way that crime should ever win. Someone breaks into my house and falls and breaks his leg while carrying my tv down the stairs, I don't recall allowing him permission onto my property, damaging my house with forced entry and removing my tv and taking it for themselves. What allows them the rights to sue against me, the F*cker should be lucky to still be alive and it just shows how even if they get injured and their original plan is ruined, they will make more money off of it.
The only people that are being punished and treated unfairly is the gun owners who follow all the rules and the laws and pay to have this firearm. These people are responsible with possession of these guns, follow the laws for transferring the firearm, and storing it. Yes there is accidental death in hunting accidents, but everything has accidental death. What is to say that when you go to start your vehicle, that something goes wrong and it blows up? or that a building collapses with you in it? There is no way real way to prevent death from happening, just some people against firearms believe that without guns there won't be any. Go ahead "bann" firearms, the people that use them to break the law, murder, rob businesses and hold hostages won't be phased at all. They will still have the same easy access to them as before, and will only make civilians more at risk.


These laws were made by monkeys. I have been interested in getting into hunting to go with my friends, and getting a gun.. But it is such a hassle now that it is so annoying. This is a main reason why I am interested in buying a compound bow to start off with, just a little bit easier.
I cant even believe that is true it makes my head hurt.. if someone is in your home they are giving up every right i dont choose to give them

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
not sure of the laws and how difficult it is, but if you are really interested, take the time to do it. it's a very pleasurable and interesting hobby/sport/way of life. to learn to use and respect a firearm is so unique and teaches you so much.

but that is a good start, a bow! very fun.

both have their perks!
I agree with gonefishin definitely worth while to do it, some of the most fun i have ever had has been hunting, does matter what it is its just fun. and Bow hunting is no exception my favorite season is bow season, aint nothing better then getting full draw on that monster buck, to me gun season doesnt even come close
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Canadian Hemi Pride's Avatar
Canadian Hemi Pride Canadian Hemi Pride is offline
Stickers add Horsepower


 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 22
Posts: 6,277
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 10
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
not sure of the laws and how difficult it is, but if you are really interested, take the time to do it. it's a very pleasurable and interesting hobby/sport/way of life. to learn to use and respect a firearm is so unique and teaches you so much.

but that is a good start, a bow! very fun.

both have their perks!
I have shot rifles several times, it is awesome, but sadly none of them were mine . Yea I think bow would be a fun start and really test my accuracy and patience.
__________________
Brandon...Check out my build thread here
For any help or advice, send me a message or post on my profile here
Any Leveling/offset questions? Go HERE
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum