DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge 2500 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: Green ( Teal )
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:10
Kruilty is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Homeless by Xmas eve!!

So, I live in Wa. state. My mother lives in the Chattanooga, Tn area. She's being kicked out of her house (renting), by the owner. Has to be out by Xmas eve. She gets her SS check on xmas eve. I do not have the spare money to give her. She doesnt know where she will be going, or where she can stay or live. She has a 2005 Chevy 3/4 ton Duramax diesel. She's gonna make a couple payments on the truck ( recently bought it ) to get ahead of it. And will have to put some stuff in storage as she doesnt have a trailer to haul it in, but in the end she'll have $300-450 for fuel/expenses to get somewhere. I told her she can come out here, since she has no1 else. I figured it up, just for fuel alone it would cost her between $400-450 to get out here to me, maybe less depending on how much she idles and rests along the way. She's already packing stuff up and getting truck ready and packed. She has a couple of ankle biter dogs, lil rat dogs basically. But I don't know if shes gonna come out to my place or not. She's too hung up on one man, that she was married to at one time in the past, but he is now with another woman and supposedly want to get back with my mother. But we all know how people string one another along for whatever reasons. I know him, and personally do not like him. But, Im hoping she dumps UN-NEEDED costs so she can get out here. But anyway, she just quit her job at wally world, she does get her SS check, she is in her early 60s. Anyway, I'm gonna ask this here...even though I do not know any of you personally, but if any1 has a spare room to let her hang for about a month, so she can get another SS check, so maybe she can get her own place or have it to get somewhere else. I will need some background on you, if you decide to help out, dont want to send her to some weirdos..lol. Anyway, Im hoping someone on here is nice and has the spare room. Anyway, let me know, via PM.
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2013, 08:31 PM

By the way I just found out about this a couple days ago. So, Im scrambling to figure something out.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:38 PM

Oh, btw, 'ankle biter dogs" is my expression of the size of the dogs. They are small lil ****s..lol
Old 12-14-2013, 10:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1074
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

Terrible situation for anyone's mother to be in. I sincerely hope you get it figured out. Best of luck.
My advice, for what it's worth given my lack of knowledge of your situation, would be to arrange to meet her at a place along her route to you so that you can give her some dough to get the rest of the way for certain. Beg her to come and stay w you if you have to. Tell her you miss her etc. If my mother was alive and in that situation, I wouldn't hesitate...
Old 12-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Drew a conclusion

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3230
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

While I sympathize with you and your situation, your request seems way too much to ask of simple forum members. That being said, I wish you nothing but luck in your endeavor to relocate your Mom.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Ram 1500
Trim Level: 1500
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:387
MOP4RN4TION is just really niceMOP4RN4TION is just really niceMOP4RN4TION is just really niceMOP4RN4TION is just really nice

knoxvilles not far from Chattanooga, and rent in this area for a decent place is around 400/month.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Help cure Paulzheimer's

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Rep:1761
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
While I sympathize with you and your situation, your request seems way too much to ask of simple forum members. That being said, I wish you nothing but luck in your endeavor to relocate your Mom.
Paul. I agree and disagree. Although it may be too much to ask a forum member, desperation wears many different faces.

Not trying is also idle time. There is a possibility that a member does have a spare room, owns a rooming house, or has a hole dug under his wood shed.

It never hurts to ask. All the members can say is no, or nothing at all.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name
Old 12-16-2013, 11:57 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Did she not sign a lease if so they cant just kick her out and if lease is up she has to be given 30 days
Old 12-23-2013, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

MYbe try putting a ad in the local housing section on craigslist.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Help cure Paulzheimer's

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Rep:1761
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSatinPumpkin View Post
MYbe try putting a ad in the local housing section on craigslist.

Even if she can't find something on Christmas eve. It can't be all that bad.

Mary and Joseph had nowhere to stay on Christmas-Eve and look how things turned out for them.

I know, I know, I shouldn't have. But I just couldn't help. Just trying my ray of sunshine on a bad situation.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name

Last edited by Warlock III; 12-23-2013 at 07:30 PM.