DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
BubbaDRK is on a distinguished road
Default New Owner, Couple Questions

So I just bought my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Extended Cab yesterday. Had a few minor fixes I knew needed to be done and was going to ask for any input here. The driver seatbelt needs replacement I believe since the indicator goes off and on even though it's buckled in. The two front lights for the driver and passenger on the roof need to be replaced. The handles for the extended cab doors on the inside do not open the doors. And lastly I don't believe I am getting any power to the passenger side. The speakers don't work and neither does rolling down the window from the passenger side. It can be rolled down from the driver side though which makes me think it's a fuse? Any help with these issues would be great. I have no idea on the fuses ect since I just bought it yesterday. Lookin for easy fixes first.

Also kinda weird but the wiper fluid does not come out on the drivers side. No clue on that one.

Last edited by BubbaDRK; 01-29-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 01-30-2014, 01:09 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Bubba, I'm gonna be answering your questions in the quote box. So look for them after each question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaDRK View Post
So I just bought my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Extended Cab yesterday. Congrats! Had a few minor fixes I knew needed to be done and was going to ask for any input here. The driver seatbelt needs replacement I believe since the indicator goes off and on even though it's buckled in.
Sounds more like the connector under the seat is loose or you have a bad connection between the connector or between the belt clip and the buckle. Check it before you swap out the seat belt.

The two front lights for the driver and passenger on the roof need to be replaced. The handles for the extended cab doors on the inside do not open the doors.
The linkage is probably bent or broken. You'll need to take the inner door panel off and check it, see what it is or is not doing.

And lastly I don't believe I am getting any power to the passenger side. The speakers don't work and neither does rolling down the window from the passenger side. It can be rolled down from the driver side though which makes me think it's a fuse?
It's not the fuse. If it was the fuse, none of your windows would work. My first thought would be the wires have been damaged somewhere between the body and the door. Check there first.

Any help with these issues would be great. I have no idea on the fuses ect since I just bought it yesterday. Lookin for easy fixes first.

Also kinda weird but the wiper fluid does not come out on the drivers side. No clue on that one.
The tube could have come off or not connected good to the nozzle, or the tube could be plugged, damaged, bent, etc.
This should get you started. Let us know if you need anything else or some more help. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Awesome! Thank You!

I took a paper clip really quick and attempted to unclog the fluid and it worked! Very happy that was an easy fix. I was afraid I would have to take the door panels off, I have always had issues with door panels and the damn clips. With the seat belt it seems as if it is between the buckle and the connector since I can hold it in place and the light stays off, any fix for that? Or just a replacement?

Also with the lights for the cab, not the dome light they push in but there is absolutely no resistance behind them, like there is no light behind it. Im sure that is a hassle to take apart as well?
Old 01-31-2014, 01:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Got some time tomorrow and I plan in taking a look inside the passenger door.

Edit. Did some research. I guess the map light switches commonly break. Gonna pick up some jb weld today and see if I can't take off the overhead console and fix em.

Last edited by BubbaDRK; 01-31-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Not sure if anyone is even following this but just updating on my progress. Helps me keep track of everything though.

Took my overhead console off today to figure out the lighting issue, both switches are completely broken, replaced the light bulbs and still no light but I think I accidentally put the wrong ones in since I looked it up online and then when I was putting them in saw what the bulb number was supposed to be. Anyways I ordered two new switches since I was missing parts of the switches and could not jb weld them, got the switches from digikey.

Also took apart the passenger door panel to check out the power window and speaker issue. Looks like someone has been back there before since there was tape holding the plastic onto the door and a few clips were bent out of shape. Power window plug doesn't have the clip anymore so it fits in snug but doesn't clip. Couldn't see anything wrong with it so I figured it was just the switch... I will probably order that some other time, don't feel like spending $100 for something that minor right now.

On the other hand the speaker wasn't working and nothing seemed to look wrong so I took the driver side door apart and pulled the speaker from there that was working and hooked it up to the passenger door and it worked fine so I will be ordering two new 6x9 speakers to replace them for now. I will get a new head unit later (has an aftermarket Sony that is probably 10 years old).

I didn't feel like trying to rip apart the extended cab doors since I haven't seen exactly how to do that yet, thought about it but decided to do more research before I broke something. If anyone is reading this and has a link to the removal of the extended cab doors that would be great.

Realized I don't have any pictures of her up yet so I will take some today and post em later.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:52 PM
Is tired of the BS too

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Check the rear doors to make sure there isn't a child safety lock that has been engaged.

You can zip tie the door harness together between the wires on the male and female plugs going longways.

Lights aren't on but there's still someone home
Old 02-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Well my friend had a deck he wasn't using anymore so I got it from him and replaced the old sony one that it had. All of a sudden all my speakers started working... Then stopped. So I'm pretty sure there is a wiring issue somewhere which is what I was afraid of. And it seems that the wiring issue is behind the deck. No idea how to fix this so it will be interesting to figure out.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram
Color: Green
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:14
peshields is on a distinguished road

Is there an adapter that you re-used with the new deck? try getting a new adapter for the aftermarket HU and rewiring.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Figured I would give a little update.

Replaced both overhead light switches and they work perfect. Re wired the deck and bypassed the infinity amps and replaced the front door speakers. Next I'm going to replace the rear door speakers and try to find tweeters that will fit in the stock housing cause one tweeter is blown. Plasti dipped my rims black. Next I'll be taking apart the rear door to fix the handle.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Cummins 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:326
the persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the rough

Post some pictures!

Also, I'd look into putting a small 2 channel amp on your front speakers. It will make a noticeable difference.

Thought I would mention, my old 01, the rear doors wouldn't open from the inside. Turns out the cable wasn't connected from when the previous owner installed new rear speakers. A very easy fix.

Last edited by the persuader; 02-08-2014 at 11:46 PM.