DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > 4th Gen UConnect

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-29-2014, 11:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:121
canadian.bacon will become famous soon enoughcanadian.bacon will become famous soon enough

apply the updated again and do a full reset of the unit. I think mute + volume, not sure which one.
also, there is a certain patter you have to follow to apply the update correctly. I strongly recommend the restart, truck on/off wont do it.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:01 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

I got a reply from them again... Since 13.48.3 didn't fix my issue, they're saying it's a bad media port and I need to get it replaced...

Now it's time to start calling around to see if the dealers have the part in stock to even swap it out....
Old 01-30-2014, 12:30 AM

canadian.bacon will become famous soon enoughcanadian.bacon will become famous soon enough

nice, at least there is a fix !
Old 01-30-2014, 09:36 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian.bacon View Post
nice, at least there is a fix !
That now raises more questions about bacon... Why is ham called Canadian bacon? In Canada, is it just called bacon? Do you Canadians call, what we call bacon, American bacon?

Inquiring minds want to know. LOL
Old 01-30-2014, 10:09 AM

bacon is bacon and never question bacon !
We recently had a meet up at a place called Canadian bacon. it was pretty funny, Canadian bacon from Oakville showed up at the Canadian bacon in Oakville !
Old 01-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab 4X4
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
1NiceSport is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
I got a reply from them again... Since 13.48.3 didn't fix my issue, they're saying it's a bad media port and I need to get it replaced...

Now it's time to start calling around to see if the dealers have the part in stock to even swap it out....
I was having the same input swap issue. I took the truck in a week after I got it and they did a software update, which they thought solved the problem. I took it in again and they said the media hub needs to be replaced. They ordered it, which took about a week and a half to arrive. They replaced it this past Monday. On my way home from the dealership, the stereo acted like it wanted to switch inputs (radio/satellite would cut out briefly but not actually switch). It did the same thing on my way to work Tuesday morning. It hasn't happened since and is, so far, working perfectly.

The work order states they "Installed 68096428AD :MEDIA HUB: HUB". I also noticed my software version is 13.38.52.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:32 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: White
mace of bass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasR1 View Post
And its not like the remote start feature works very well to begin with. I dont even use mine. Will NOT be paying the $20 for Uconnect service when my trial year runs out.
Wait, wait, wait...hold the phone. I have a 2011, so what is all this nonsense about PAYING for unconnect?? Do you remote start through your phone or something? Does that include the ability to make and receive calls? What about the remote start on your key? Do you ahve to pay for that too??
Old 02-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Ram
Color: Goldie
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
XtremeCuztoms is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NiceSport View Post
I was having the same input swap issue. I took the truck in a week after I got it and they did a software update, which they thought solved the problem. I took it in again and they said the media hub needs to be replaced. They ordered it, which took about a week and a half to arrive. They replaced it this past Monday. On my way home from the dealership, the stereo acted like it wanted to switch inputs (radio/satellite would cut out briefly but not actually switch). It did the same thing on my way to work Tuesday morning. It hasn't happened since and is, so far, working perfectly.

The work order states they "Installed 68096428AD :MEDIA HUB: HUB". I also noticed my software version is 13.38.52.

Hope this helps.
the media hub is the issue..... but it's not always the media hub. the dealer needs to check the wiring from the head unit to the media hub, in most cases i have seen the media hub was replaced and the issue was still present, it ended up being spread terminals in the wiring. there is a star online case that the tech can pull up that discribes this exact thing.
have the tech refer to Case Number: S1308000225
Old 02-16-2014, 11:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: 1500 Sport 4X4 RC
Color: Bright White
BEAR 73 is on a distinguished road

I've had my Ram Sport for a month now, about 3 weeks ago my satellite service would go out and come back on, I did not look at the screen, I thought I was just losing signal. It starting happening more often so I started looking at the screen and it was switching to aux. then back. I checked and it would do it on any radio band, so I said well I'll put in a CD and it will not do it but it did. I took it back to the dealer, they checked it, did the update and said it was fixed, well it started doing it as soon as I started the truck up and did it more frequent and stayed off longer. We scheduled another appt., said they needed to keep it for 1-2 days to run a series of tests for Chrysler, gave me a rental car. They called me the next day and said the media hub was bad and it would take 3-5 days to get it, it took 7 days. They replaced it Friday in about 1 hour and it seems to be fixed. They are mailing me the ticket, so I do not have a part number. Hope this helps some one.

Enjoy the ride,
Bear
Old 02-17-2014, 09:49 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:251
SteelTownStang is a jewel in the roughSteelTownStang is a jewel in the roughSteelTownStang is a jewel in the rough

My radio experience the same anomalies this morning- switching from sat-radio to SD... then from sat-radio to CD on its own. I have the latest software. It did this twice this morning for the first time. While temperature shouldn't matter, it was -10 degrees, wonder if that had anything to do with it... Also, since it also engaged the CD, you'd think that issue would be more than a media hub problem... or not. Once thing for certain is that these radios definitely have a malfunction pattern... software, hardware, wiring, whatever... a TSB should be issued.
MODS: Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, aFe Stage II CAI, Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau, Mopar Side Steps, Mopar Mats & Bedliner, AMP Bed XTender, Daystar 2.5 Leveling Kit, Fuel Pump Black Wheels (20x9/+1 Offset), Toyo Open Country Extreme A/T Tires (35/12.50/20), Aries Stealth Bull Bar, & KC SlimLites.