DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > MOPAR NATION - Dodge Ram Club Regional Chapters! > North East

Notices

North East CT, ME, MA, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 sport
Color: BLACK
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:51
Nemmisis1 will become famous soon enough
Angry Cops are cracking down in NYC for tints and other vtl infractions

Well as the title say their are going nuts here in NYC. I got pulled over yesterday for tints on my ram.... Mind u I'm retired off NYC pd. runs up to the truck ..ooohhh tbta on the Verrazano bridge...... Back to the story... And starts giving me the lecture and speech.... I don't even think he took a breath.... I'm trying to stop him so he can catch his breath to save him the trouble and tell him I'm retired off the job.... Now he's even louder speaking over me. Commands me to raise my window 1/2 way so I look at him and tell him .... Hi officer how r u doing I'm retired off the job..... I reach for my I'd and license both are together... He looks at my I'd and tell me put it away.... And asks me for my regi.. So I give it to him he slams the meter on my window so I start laughin and ask him what he's doing..... Looks at the meter and say you have illegal tints... Tells me Waite here.... So I'm thinking he's going to check the paperwork and come back..... He knows I'm retired nypd ...SOS I didn't think twice..... That mother ****a came back with 2 tickets.. 1 for tints and 1 for my plate cover on my truck...... I'm floored at this point ..I look at him and are like r u kidding me? This is how u treat retired officers his answer was I had 15 days to answer....

At this point I'm pissed I get out the truck and demand to see the tint meter results he gets in his car puts it in reverse and drives backward 1/2 way up the block screaming get back in my car.......
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2013, 06:00 PM

So I'll be seeing him in a few weeks.. Can't Waite to see how the judge is going to handle this one.......
He's beat since they have no courtesy for us retired guys.....
Pay attention.....
1 the tint reading will be thrown out on the basis that he did not properly prepair the window for a correct reading. The truck was filthy covered with dirt and salt..he could not get an accurate reading.
2 I requested to see the tint meter results which he failed to produce...u have a right to see the results of any on the spot test u take with a car stop. Example: if you take a breathalyzer test he flips it and show it to u.... And he says look u ****ed up!!!!. Right....lol
3 our trucks have solar glass that is in approved by the national hwy safety board...meaning that the tints are within some approved specs that have been approved ...
Article 9 375 if I remember states that fronts have to let in 70% in the front and basically the rear can be as dark as u wish as long as u have 2 working mirrors on the vehicle.
On this note I highly don' think t that the nhtsb would agree on anything darker than the "allowed" % in all the states...
On that note I'm SURE thy would not jeopardize the safety of he cops that are doing car stops right? .... So now u have a point to start.. The tints might be a little dark yes but u can still see in the car.this will be a good starting argument for the judge.

Now when the cops begins to testify you politely object on the grounds of recollection.... Most likely the judge will over rule it but u established he doesn't remember the judge may let him use his notes as a reference...
To top it off he wrote plate covers on front and back... Unbeknown to the cop I had a dash cam... The cop NEVER went to the front of the truck to verify if I had a plate cover... Proof.. The dash cam... Can some one say purgery?
Now remember he testified on the summons and court ...

A dash cam I think Guys besides the obvious I think is a good investment.. I got mine off way for 40 bucks.. He'll if I get off this just on the dashcam proof it paid for itself.

Last edited by Nemmisis1; 12-18-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:03 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Must be restocking the general fund before the end of the year.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:08 PM
impugning the "hider"

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:3215
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he is not indicative of all NYPD, just some jerk-off rookie who was having a bad day. I have encountered the police in NYC more than once, and I have never had a problem with them. Once, I had to park my truck with commercial plates in front of my girlfriend's (now my wife) apartment building in Sunnyside, Queens to move her out of the building. A traffic control officer was about to give me a ticket as I came downstairs with boxes in my hands. As I was trying to explain to her what I was doing, an NYPD pulled up and asked what was going on. She told him what she was doing, and he told her to "put the ticket book away, he's not parking, he's moving someone out." I'll never forget that.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:29 PM

So if u get pulled over dont be a dick or smart ass be respectful and If u are retired dont give up any thing other than your ret I'd. If he demands it then request patrol supervisor to respond. I know I'm a bit all over but I'm at the throne right now...so hope it helps
Old 12-18-2013, 06:29 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: Silver
Rep:197
jaray has a spectacular aura aboutjaray has a spectacular aura about

You know what... you're no different than the rest of us. If its illegal for us, it's illegal for you.
If he missed stuff and you get off that's a different story, but to think you shouldn't have to deal with this issue because you used to be on the force is BS.
Do you really expect that you should be above the law and not have to abide by the same rules as us? give me a break...pay your fine just like the rest of us would have to.
No personal offense, you carried an important role in your career....but so do I and we all play by the same rules.
Gibson Cat-back exhaust w/black tips, S&B CAI, MGP caliper covers, Recon LED 3rd brake light, Bilstein 5100's, Daystar 1" rear coil spacers, Weathertech floor liners, Westin Ultimate series bull bar, Dee Zee Tailgate Assist, Mopar T- Handle, Kicker speaker upgrade

Last edited by jaray; 12-18-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:47 PM

[
But if he didn't stop by and u didn't come down you WOULD of gotten one...how sad ...
I'm not saying all cops are bad but most of them are pressured by their uppers to write you know the unwritten quotas..

And this ass wasn't no rookie he was hwy vet seasoned... Which is why I was shocked and more pissed....but I'll tell u no back bone... Picture that I'm walking to the cop car and hs flying in reverse up the block... Where is the back bone we would of never pulled no shit like that.., urkle looking beach....he ran...

QUOTE=PaulMys;1271927]Maybe he is not indicative of all NYPD, just some jerk-off rookie who was having a bad day. I have encountered the police in NYC more than once, and I have never had a problem with them. Once, I had to park my truck with commercial plates in front of my girlfriend's (now my wife) apartment building in Sunnyside, Queens to move her out of the building. A traffic control officer was about to give me a ticket as I came downstairs with boxes in my hands. As I was trying to explain to her what I was doing, an NYPD pulled up and asked what was going on. She told him what she was doing, and he told her to "put the ticket book away, he's not parking, he's moving someone out." I'll never forget that.[/QUOTE]
Old 12-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 RAM Quad
Trim Level: Tradesman/Express
Color: Mineral Gey
Rep:38
S.FLRAM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemmisis1 View Post
Well as the title say their are going nuts here in NYC. I got pulled over yesterday for tints on my ram.... Mind u I'm retired off NYC pd. runs up to the truck ..ooohhh tbta on the Verrazano bridge...... Back to the story... And starts giving me the lecture and speech.... I don't even think he took a breath.... I'm trying to stop him so he can catch his breath to save him the trouble and tell him I'm retired off the job.... Now he's even louder speaking over me. Commands me to raise my window 1/2 way so I look at him and tell him .... Hi officer how r u doing I'm retired off the job..... I reach for my I'd and license both are together... He looks at my I'd and tell me put it away.... And asks me for my regi.. So I give it to him he slams the meter on my window so I start laughin and ask him what he's doing..... Looks at the meter and say you have illegal tints... Tells me Waite here.... So I'm thinking he's going to check the paperwork and come back..... He knows I'm retired nypd ...SOS I didn't think twice..... That mother ****a came back with 2 tickets.. 1 for tints and 1 for my plate cover on my truck...... I'm floored at this point ..I look at him and are like r u kidding me? This is how u treat retired officers his answer was I had 15 days to answer....

At this point I'm pissed I get out the truck and demand to see the tint meter results he gets in his car puts it in reverse and drives backward 1/2 way up the block screaming get back in my car.......
Typical NYC attitude from You! As stated you are no different than the average joe. I guess this would qualify as a personal attack, but BS like this is what give cops (retired or active) a bad rap. Hell he should have given you a citation for trying to persuade an active LEO.

Last edited by S.FLRAM; 12-18-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:03 PM

Above the law bud...not me I'm a law abiding citizen but so tat u know I never ever wrote garbage tickets like that.... But seeing how u didn't get the point of this article.... Let me make it EASY for you!!!

The summons stated my windows are too dark .(which they are not) daytime I can see right through.....

Under article 9 your back windows can be black as hell or spray paint so u get the point...they use stupid vtl rules as a cash rev source. My point is where is the safety of the cops when doing a car stop?..... I was just giving u guys a leg to stand on or a point to start if u ever get stopped...but being how grateful some of us are^^^^^^^ maybe ill keep info for myself... I'm telling u because I assume u all have rams ... So when the cop gives u 4 summonses 1for each I tried to school u. Now back to the point

Nat hwy safety trans board will never allow illegal solar tint on a car which means how illegal is it if it comes that way form the dealer?... Got it... Here on the island just to give u an idea there were more tinted tickets given than anything else inc speeding, moving violations etc... So if u read that what do u say?..... Money machine come to mind....
Major disagreement on the safety factor there.. It's not for safety go out tommrow see how many have tints...better yet Waite if u have tints and get pulled ove... You might be looking for this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaray View Post
You know what... you're no different than the rest of us. If its illegal for us, it's illegal for you.
If he missed stuff and you get off that's a different story, but to think you shouldn't have to deal with this issue because you used to be on the force is BS.
Do you really expect that you should be above the law and not have to abide by the same rules as us? give me a break...pay your fine just like the rest of us would have to.
No personal offense, you carried an important role in your career....but so do I and we all play by the same rules.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:12 PM

Mr slfram come up here with your truck probally what 20% on your truck..lets see if u can drive 200 miles without getting one... And as for topical attitude well we stand up for bullshit . This is a mute vtl code to strip money form hard working people ... If it was for safety every car would of came with no tint at all..got it now?

And for a personal attack well u r probally young swing how u fired off....

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.FLRAM View Post
Typical NYC attitude from You! As stated you are no different than the average joe. I guess this would qualify as a personal attack, but BS like this is what give cops (retired or active) a bad rap.