DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue Streak Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Biffle is on a distinguished road
Default leveling Kit?

Just bought a new 2wd sport dont know if i should level the front or lower the back to level it?
Sponsored links
Old 03-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 dodge ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT plus
Color: gray
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
northern2002 is on a distinguished road

if your not towing the kit is a good idea. if you do tow and still want to be level get a hellwig rear over load springs to help keep you level. I have my 2500 2.5 leveling kit in front. ended up getting the over loads to keep it level during towing or hauling wieght in the bed.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Great info, Michael!

James, it really depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to put some bigger tires on the beast, I would say level the front to accommodate the added rubber. If you're gonna stay with stock size tires, then I would lower the rear.

Keep us updated on what you decide and post up pics when you git 'er done!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 short bed R cab
Trim Level: sxt
Color: red
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
miniramtruck is on a distinguished road

I'm thinking about the Ground Force 91213 - Ground Force Rear Lowering/Leveling Kits to drop the rear of my short bed regular cab 2wd little ram 1500. I don't tow and I will charge the bed rarely.
Can someone say if the ride will be smooth like the original coil spring?
It is a good idea to get an air bag in the coil spring to stay level with heavy load?
thanks
Old 03-02-2014, 12:59 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

The ground force kits are very good! we have sent a lot of them out and never head anything negative about them , if you would like a quote on them feel free to reach out to us by PM, posting in our vendor section, email us @ sales@bullysperformance.com, or call us at 855-432-FAST, mention you are a Z member and you will get our best discounts around on virtually any product you can think of!

Thanks
Jeremiah
Old 03-02-2014, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RCSB 8sp/3.21 geared Ram
Trim Level: Sport lowered 4X4
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:488
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

I have a complaint about them J.
I ordered that kit,and one spring sagged about 2" more then the other spring,finally ripped them out and replaced with the cut orginals.
Phoned Ground Force about them,they've never got back to me,so i'm not a fan of their products.
Any decent outfit returns phone calls when they say they'll return them.
My experiences with them haven't been great
Old 03-02-2014, 02:21 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
I have a complaint about them J.
I ordered that kit,and one spring sagged about 2" more then the other spring,finally ripped them out and replaced with the cut orginals.
Phoned Ground Force about them,they've never got back to me,so i'm not a fan of their products.
Any decent outfit returns phone calls when they say they'll return them.
My experiences with them haven't been great
Wow, never hear anything like that about them before, we have sent probably 50+ of them out last year and everyone seemed to love them, I apologize for your bad experience with them I am sure it is one of those 1 off things, but I do agree you should have at least got a phone call back, and a replacement coil IMO.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Old 03-02-2014, 03:52 PM

Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

Personally i think i ended up with 2 differant springs,but tagged with the same part number.
I think one spring might have been a 4" drop spring,and the other a 2" drop,as that's the way they measured out.
They had me take the springs out and measure the springs on a concrete floor.
They took the part numbers from me,and said they'd phone back in a couple days,that was over 6 months ago,have never heard back from them to this day.
It kinda perturbed me about the no call back,that's for sure.
Rick
Old 03-02-2014, 07:29 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
Personally i think i ended up with 2 differant springs,but tagged with the same part number.
I think one spring might have been a 4" drop spring,and the other a 2" drop,as that's the way they measured out.
They had me take the springs out and measure the springs on a concrete floor.
They took the part numbers from me,and said they'd phone back in a couple days,that was over 6 months ago,have never heard back from them to this day.
It kinda perturbed me about the no call back,that's for sure.
Rick
Hey I do not blame you at all I would not be very happy about no call back after 6 months, have you tried reaching out to them again? I know sometimes we forget to return calls, but we always try to make things right, and I really have never had a problem when working with Ground Force, normally I get a call back within a couple days and if I don't I just reach out to them again, only couple issues I have ever had with them was shipping, or missing parts and they were pretty quick to fix it.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Old 03-03-2014, 07:36 AM

My problem is the time change between myself and them,it's hard to get home in time to phone them.
I usually have to shut things down early to offset the 2 hour time differance, i'll have to do that sooner or later again by the looks of it.