DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Maroon
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:18
AFMEDIC is on a distinguished road
Default On Board Air, Engine Driven

Well i have searched this forum, and even other less interesting dodge forums, and nobody seems to have a belt driven on board air system on their 3rd gen ram. There are a lot of people that are thinking about it, but nobody posted when they were done if they completed it.

The only reason I really want one right now is for an air horn (not a train horn), but I'm not a fan of doing the bare minimum, so I don't want to get one of the el cheapo systems and be limited to just air horns. I do a lot of work away from the house and it would be nice to be able to hook up my air tools while im out of town if I needed them.

I already know that I am going to use two 5 gallon tanks mounted under the bed, and I know where I am going to put the quick connects for hooking up to, but where I am lacking is the actual compressor. Sure I could go with the electric one, but thats not as cool and everyone has one. So that leaves me with a lot of questions about the belt driven ones. Who has one? Sound off with pictures and how well they work please. Also, what is required to put in a york 210 compressor as far as fittings that go to them and how well the clutches work. Also, where did you connect the belt to and how easy was it to install?

I plan on diving into this sometime this summer, so if nobody has any experience with one I guess there will be a write up coming from me soon! I just want to know what I am getting into if someone else has done it. Thanks!!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:25 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

Does this make any sense to you?

If so check out onboard air dot com

Attached Images
File Type: jpg OBA_arb.jpg (15.1 KB, 10 views)

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 12-29-2013, 07:26 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

Heres a manual to mull over

On board air manual

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 12-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Maroon
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:18
AFMEDIC is on a distinguished road

right on, thanks!