DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-30-2013, 12:16 AM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all
Default Blew the doors off a cop cruiser!

Well sorta. Not sure if this qualifies or not here but it's

I was on my way to work a few weeks ago. On a major hwy, cruising at 105 km/h. I figured it had been icy earlier in the AM because I passed one car off the hwy in the ditch after another. Road felt tight though, with nary a slip felt.

Up ahead I saw a cruiser on the side of the hwy with a car being towed out of the ditch. I slowed and moved left and cruised on by. A half mile after that I noticed lights in my mirror. I thought man, are those guys busy today! Poor bastards.

I nosed over to my right to give the cruiser clear passage, and to my surprise he pulled right in behind ME! WTH?? He strides over to my window, and with the boldest air of righteous indignations barks - "do you know how FAST you were travelling back there?!!"

"No, not really"

"Can't you see there are cars off the road?! It's black ice!! I SAW you passing people back there!*

"Really? It felt fine to me…"

"Yea, well walk over there (into oncoming traffic) *pointing* it's black ice!"

"You were travelling SO FAST you RATTLED the doors on my cruiser. THATS how CLOSE you came to me!!"

"There is a move to the left rule. Aren't you familiar with it??"

"Not sure, help me out…"

*Insert mini lecture*

"Now FIND your ownership and insurance papers and bring them to me in my car and then CLEAN OFF YOUR BACK PLATE!!!"

"sure…"

*I look at my watch and realize my timeline is pooched. I'm a medic, and I time my commute to the minute, so now the city will be down staffed an advanced care car. Just F'n great…*

I find my papers, and hop out and walk over and hand them off. Then I pop the ram box and pull out my broom and after texting my medic partner to let him know I've been pulled over, proceed to do a spectacular job of cleaning the snow from my rear plate. Once I'm done I get on the phone and call my work partner to fill him in.

"Hey Bro, I was pulled over on the hwy. Cop said I was doing 87 in an 80. Did you know the hwy was 80?!!! Since when has it bee-----------hold on here comes the cop now"

*As I was talking on the phone I noticed the officer was on his cell as well this whole time*

He gets out of his cruiser, and approaches. Handing over my papers, he states -

"I stand corrected .. it's 90 here"

"Unhuh"

"BUT you should be familiar with the pull left rule!"

*insert thought bubble*

"And YOU should be familiar with the posted speeds in your OWN jurisdiction!"

"Nope, still not sure; can you help me out?"

*insert 2nd mini-lecture*

Saw an RN that shift thats married to an OPP officer, and told the story to her. She said I'll have to find out who that was. I gave her the description and left it with her. Later that day she yelled over to me -

"I found out who that guy is! He's NEW!"

"How new? 2 hours?!"

*laugh*

"About 2 weeks"

"Wheres he from? The big city??"

"Nope, just down the hwy"

"Seriously? Bet the new guy is going to have a tough week"

"Oh yeah…."

*chuckle*

I think I rattled more than his doors.

Thats a new one though ….

Pulled over for doing 87 in a 90 !

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2013, 12:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:1054
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

Great story. Although I think he may have been delusional about the doors on his cruiser being rattled by passing traffic doing 87 klms per hour..
Old 12-30-2013, 01:00 AM
R A M M S T E I N

RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

In the midst of his filibustering I didn't have the heart to enlighten him. His posturing and sense of dramatic flare were 'precious'.

ha

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 12-30-2013, 09:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

Was he a young dude? I find young OPP cops are the worst. They tend to be over dramatic.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:07 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Yeah he was about 30ish +.

I find it's when they get stationed somewhere new and feel a need to prove themselves.

And while I get his message - that I was deemed to be too close, and fast by virtue of his cruiser rattling, I don't share the same appreciation with his lack of familiarity with the stretch of hwy he was policing. It's not like I was on a goat trail.

When I got pulled over 10 yrs ago on the 400 north of TO for moving over 4 lanes without signalling, speeding @ 139 in a 90? 100? in a driving rain, and for surfing the internet on the laptop hard mounted in my 4x4 at the same time, the cop was well within his right to do so. This knob? Not so much …

Old 12-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Haha! That sounds like you were using your time quite effectively. He should have cut you a break. At least you weren't eating too..
Old 12-30-2013, 05:35 PM
R A M M S T E I N

He was a funny OPP. He coyly handed me a GREATLY reduced ticket, and looking over at my laptop and pointing to the payment methods section of that ticket, stated "you should have no problem paying this online since you seem like a computer guy…"

That final note was a lot sweeter than the one he began on -

The second I saw lights behind me in the darkness my finger was on the power button on the laptop! But he caught it and marched up with the initial words - "and THAT should be OFF!!!!"

Followed by ..

"…AND you pulled across 4 lanes of traffic without signalling AND cut me off doing so…"

OPPsie

Old 12-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Several of the Lower 48 States are slowly changing the Move Over Law to be more in line with TEXAS

In Texas they are really serious about it.
MOVE OVER or Slow Down
Truckers break a bunch of laws, but that is one law that they are afraid to break in Texas
Also in Texas the police park their vehicles at an angle on the side of the road, while on the pavement, they want to be seen.
They still hide behind bridges & brush when they are using the Radar Guns

California has started posting signs for the Move Over Law, not so much for truckers, but for the traveling public, too many CHP have been hit while ticketing or assisting motorists. They are also starting to park at an angle when making a stop
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 12-30-2013, 11:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:512
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light
Default Blew the doors off a cop cruiser!

crazy stuff. we have plenty of new cops trying to prove themselves in my little town, one gave me a ticket...$210..because he could hear my music. i tried fighting it but they local law is "at officers discretion" so fml.

like stated above^^ oklahoma has this law, which i have always just to be courtious, they park at angles also.
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s, Sundown SA8v2, Kicker ZX750.1,BT 964SP, Smoked Tails, 'Dipped 22" Boss 329 on Falken 305/40s, and some LEDs...

RIP- 06 Ram NightRunner QC
Old 12-31-2013, 12:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
FERNMAN is on a distinguished road

I move over anyhow.