DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-31-2013, 11:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:10
LRaymond is on a distinguished road
Default Is employee pricing the lowest you can get?

I'm in the market for a new Ram. I've owned several Rams since '93, but in 2010 I had to sell of my '09 Sport and downsize to a Dodge Caliber. It nearly killed me. I'm now back in a position to get a new RAM. Most of my immediate family works for Chrysler and I've always received employee discount pricing which I "thought" was the best deal you could get, so I never haggled. After lurking around on here and TRUECar I'm starting to question that. I've seen some purchase prices on here that are thousands less than employee pricing. TRUECar is over $1,000 less than the employee pricing I was shown by the dealer for an equally equipped Ram.

Is employee pricing the lowest price I should expect, or should I give it a go without it? Is dealer invoice cost more than employee? I've had one dealer state they would go under dealer invoice to move a truck.

My other complication is that I can't find what I want on the lots. I'm going to have to order which negates some of the incentive on the dealers part to move the vehicle.
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2013, 11:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:159
CaptDuff has a spectacular aura aboutCaptDuff has a spectacular aura about

I could have gotten employee pricing through my employer, and I even asked about it when I bought my truck in April. The sales guy looked at what I printed, did some math, and basically figured out I would be paying more with employee pricing than buying without it. Think I ended up saving 2 or 3k by not using it. I believe you lose incentives they offer by going employee priced.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:03 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 cc 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Granite
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:24
finn5033 is on a distinguished road

I looked at getting a chevy just recently and went to the dealer and fleet salesmen that my company buys all of our work trucks and vans from. He showed me the price he would give me on it which was 8% off of the MSRP and then I would also get any incentives that were available. I was thinking this was a really good deal. Then when I had the Ram dealer price the truck I wanted to order just yesterday he gave me the exact same price. 8% off MSRP plus any available incentives. I did not mention anything about the deal from the Chevy guy to my Ram guy. So apparently the deal from the fleet guy at the chevy dealer is no better than the deal I'm getting from the Ram dealer as just a walk in customer. I am getting a price on the truck I want to order from 2 different dealers, one is the place I bought my 2010 ram hemi from and the other is the dealer closest to where I live. I will just go with the best deal. I think thats all you can do is shop it around and see what you can get

Last edited by finn5033; 12-31-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:09 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Couldnt tell ya, i just hangled for hrs and got it for invoice plus free tint inc front window and spray in bedliner at dealer cost..285. I think i came out alright.

Id check around and see what invoice is which i believe truecar states. Good luck and we'd love to have ya here!!
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 12-31-2013, 08:47 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:121
canadian.bacon will become famous soon enoughcanadian.bacon will become famous soon enough

i see my preferred customer price as incentives and around 4k off the 5k in options.
So basically a really nice loaded SLT into the 34s.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:190
Lazarus Truck has a spectacular aura aboutLazarus Truck has a spectacular aura about

There are actually incentives on vehicles based on weekly sales, and regions. These seem to move weekly. So yes, it is possible to get a lower price than Employee sometimes. But usually on a slower selling model. There seems to be no simple rule that I can find.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:25 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

not that this will help, but "not always".
Old 12-31-2013, 10:40 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Always negotiate on any vehicle you buy. Employee pricing is just another incentive program, the dealership is still making money on the sale, so there's room to talk.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 12 Ram 1500 Bighorn SLT
Trim Level: Big Horn SLT
Color: molten red
Rep:29
02325 is on a distinguished road

I work for a dealer. I will say employee pricing is a joke. dealers hate selling cars to employees. I have worked for 3 other dealers b4 my current one and they have always been the same way. I bought a Nissan from my employer and I only got it for $700 cheaper than the avg customer. reason being. the car was in demand at the time and they had sold 8 of them within that week and only had 1 left. BUT I did get the 100% no deductible 100k warranty for $50 over dealer cost. That saved me another $700 bucks.

I WILL SAY there is only a 7% markup in NEW vehicle prices. So take sticker minus the 7% and that's roughly what the dealer pays the maker.

As stated go to a few dealers and see what they say. it depends on sales managers, salesman and how long the truck has been sitting on the lot. you also have to understand supply and demand. if you want give them that $1500 more someone else will. This is how this business works.

I bought my truck from a dealer I used to work for (i was a BMW tech and they sold franchise). I talked to president of company when i bought my truck. I still got no better discount on the truck.

Last edited by 02325; 01-01-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:35 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Sage Green Pearl
Rep:496
dodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of light

I got $9750 off for the incentives and got $5000 for employee discount and dr note for free running boards and $1500 for my trade in