DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
If they come out with vehicles like this, i may buy one

2015 Charger ??
I like this, I would buy one if it is rear wheel drive. I wouldn't touch any front wheel anything...sry.
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2014, 07:40 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

how does anyone feel chrsler is already improved? replacing the desigmed cummins for the 1500 and replacing it with a vm engine, imho, is not an improvement.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:40 PM

huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

how does anyone feel chrysler is already improved? replacing the designed cummins for the 1500 and replacing it with a vm engine, imho, is not an improvement.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:06 PM

RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
how does anyone feel chrysler is already improved? replacing the designed cummins for the 1500 and replacing it with a vm engine, imho, is not an improvement.
What's a vm engine? I bought a 2009 Hemi RCSB when the new body style came out because it looked and sounded to be a good improvement over the 08 to me. And there have been several improvements from interior to exterior since it came out. Not sure who gets the credit or in your case who gets the blame but except for cheap parts
I'm impressed so far.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:01 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:106
spp will become famous soon enoughspp will become famous soon enough

I'll state this (again, personal opinion):

Chrysler has strengths, Fiat has strengths. Collaboration happens and the product becomes better (See the promaster line, basic vehicle by Fiat, re-engineered by Chrysler for the US, improvements now included in the Euro version).

The Cummins engine will be good (Cummins rarely puts out crap), however it didn't meet a lot of the internal targets set for it (MPG for one). The engine is overkill for the mission of the 1500. The VM Motori did meet the internal targets and I believe comes in way cheaper than the Cummins did (would you pay a $5000+ upcharge for that on a 1500?).

(All of this taken from publicly available articles and news stories, no internal leaking ).

As a reminder, Fiat has been in charge essentially since 2009. Since then, you've seen two redesigns on the Ram (one Cerberus, one "Fiat"), 1.5 redesigns on the Grand Cherokee, a wholly new 200, a new Dart, all new interiors everywhere (which you guys seem to love), and a resurgence in the company. Fiat hasn't screwed it up yet as they realize they need us as much as we need them. They let us do what we do best and we work with them to ensure whatever is built is the best. This isn't the same situation as in 2000 when Daimler took over. Really, it isn't!

Sit back and enjoy the ride

Last edited by spp; 01-30-2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: spelling right: I can't.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:34 PM

yes, would have paid the 5000 up charge for a cummins in the 1500. other than bragging rights of having the first diesel in a 1500, i see no benefit of the 3.0 engine. would consider it in the grand and wrangler though, but durability and longevity is suspect in my mind when reads about the now aging higher mileage 2.8 diesels on the jeep liberty forums. keep mind i am old enough to remember fiat from the seventies. they were ranked right up there with the yugo.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:20 AM

ssp, when I bought my new 2009 Ram Chrysler owned it all lock stock and barrel (well, I was under the impression). Fiat came into play after the re-design of the 2009. So unless I'm wrong, the 2009 4'th design is entirely Chryslers correct? How ever, you say new interiors....on what vehicle....surely not the Ram. Interior comes in how many colors as opposed to every other truck maker? Luxuries maybe yes you are right. But it would be nice if we could buy a truck with a couple of more select interior colors like Ford has. I'm not complaining, I just don't see a GREAT sort of speak interior upgrade. That tells me they are (who ever) are cheaping out on that like they do parts. And I don't like the Dart, they should have called it something else besides the Dart. Not saying anyone screwed up, just don't see a big improvement in the Ram besides the 8speed which was planned before Fiat came into play. Again, I was under that impression but from previous Allpar threads.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Before you blink twice, the new name will no longer be Chrysler or Chrysler Fiat like it is now,
the new name will either be

FCA
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles or Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles
All the tax money will go overseas

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. will be headquartered in the Netherlands
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 01-31-2014, 08:29 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:106
spp will become famous soon enoughspp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
ssp, when I bought my new 2009 Ram Chrysler owned it all lock stock and barrel (well, I was under the impression). Fiat came into play after the re-design of the 2009. So unless I'm wrong, the 2009 4'th design is entirely Chryslers correct? How ever, you say new interiors....on what vehicle....surely not the Ram. Interior comes in how many colors as opposed to every other truck maker? Luxuries maybe yes you are right. But it would be nice if we could buy a truck with a couple of more select interior colors like Ford has. I'm not complaining, I just don't see a GREAT sort of speak interior upgrade. That tells me they are (who ever) are cheaping out on that like they do parts. And I don't like the Dart, they should have called it something else besides the Dart. Not saying anyone screwed up, just don't see a big improvement in the Ram besides the 8speed which was planned before Fiat came into play. Again, I was under that impression but from previous Allpar threads.
The 2009 was done mostly under Daimler and Cerberus (most likely started back in '05-'06). However around the 2013 was completely rearchitected underneath (new power system) with minor visible changes. The interiors were changed up a bit to support the new UConnect systems. It doesn't seem like much but it was a large change (hence the incompatibility of a lot of stuff from 09-12 on the '13s).

I'll pass on the more color choices to the respective people. Gray has been on its way out for awhile and most buyers are going for black, brown, and tan. And I would have called the Dart a Neon but that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Before you blink twice, the new name will no longer be Chrysler or Chrysler Fiat like it is now,
the new name will either be

FCA
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles or Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles
All the tax money will go overseas

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. will be headquartered in the Netherlands
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. is the parent (Formerly Fiat SpA of Italy).
Chrysler Group LLC is a subsidiary.
Fiat Group LLC is a subsidiary.

Essentially the same structure as before but the parent company name is changing to reflect the Chrysler part of the company (which is pretty substantial ).
Old 02-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Arizona is on a distinguished road
Default Fiat?

Hello folks. New here and wanted to find out everyone's thoughts on this complete buyout by Fiat. I thought the whole giving Fiat 20% of the company back in 10 was hokey, but now the buying out completely? Please. As a "child of the 70s" I can remember those hunk of crap Fiats when I wan a kid. I just don't see how this bodes well for Dodge.
I have owned a 99 diesel dually, an 05 Sport ( the Mexicans stole it and totaled it smuggling illegals up from Mexico) I replaced that one with a 2010. I also owned a 67 Coronet back in high school in 83. I've had good luck with Dodges, but I am worried about the future.
What do y'all think about Fiat and the future of Dodge?