DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-13-2014, 08:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 R/T
Trim Level: R/T Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:24
Ramajama is on a distinguished road

I have been very pleased with the Fiat influence on the Chrysler prods. Unlike GM, They bucked the current administrations platform of urging the bailout recipients to focus on smaller, more fuel effiencent crap cars. Instead they concentrated mostly on improving what Americans love..SUVs and Trucks. All the while bolstering their smaller cars. They came out swinging with major investments in the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Durango. Then they knocked one out of the park with the HUGE leap forward for the RAM brand.
I was happy....and for the first time ever..I bought something other than a Ford.

Now then, as per the norm, us tax payers get shafted by this buy out in which we will lose our "investment" to the tune of $1.3 BILLION. Lied to and screwed once again by the powers that be.
Strangely, I would not have much of a problem if all this would have transpired through the natural, legal course of Bancruptcy instead of this sham of a bailout.

Unfortunately there is a downside. With Fiat in complete control, they are counting on Chrylsers profitability because Fiat has the same problems over seas that GM and Chrysler had. They are slaves to their workers, hammered with regulations and wading through a crappy economy and they cant turn a profit with their brand. Fiat has some 32,000 people working for them and they cant fire anyonee if sales are down...they must simply furlough them with pay when they cant use them at the factories. Your business cant live and thrive with policies like that...it WILL eventually bleed out their Chrysler profits. I can see them selling off Chrysler at some point down the road to try to save their butts.

Due to shady nature of this development, This is the last RAM/Chrysler product I will EVER buy.

As of today, with the release of the new generation F150, Ford has caught up and looking very good!

Last edited by Ramajama; 01-13-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 CC 4x4
Trim Level: 1500 Longhorn 4x4
Color: Western Brown Monotone
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:92
lowfast will become famous soon enough

^ You have seen the new F150, right? This statement just threw me "Ford has caught up and looking very good!" Figured this could only be said if you had not actually see the heap of dung Ford just lobbed out there today.

Joking aside, I agree with you assessment of the pissing away of out tax money and our infinitely wise government's business sense.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 R/T
Trim Level: R/T Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:24
Ramajama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfast View Post
^ You have seen the new F150, right? This statement just threw me "Ford has caught up and looking very good!" Figured this could only be said if you had not actually see the heap of dung Ford just lobbed out there today.

Joking aside, I agree with you assessment of the pissing away of out tax money and our infinitely wise government's business sense.
LOL it'll grow on you!

Yes I've seen it and I personally like the new F150 and yes, it will continue to grow on me and I'll be quite happy behind the wheel of one again down the road....like I said, it has only caught up to RAM though, with features that have been offered by RAM for the past year or so (start stop, air shutters, electronic assist power steering, to name a few) and still doesn't have some features the RAM offers in true truck functionality. Things like air suspension, 8 speed tranny and a 1/2 ton diesel to name a few things. But the Ford did add some sizzle with the new technological gadgetry and I like the aluminum body, it brings trucks out of the dark ages. I still think the RAM is a hot truck and it is a bit disappointing that I wont be able to bring myself to consider it when I'm ready for another new truck ... but at some point people need take a stand in some way or ways or the BS never stops. One of my ways is by not supporting the screwing of the taxpayer by this deal. For me personally, Its just the principle of the whole thing. I will definitely continue to enjoy my RAM...until its time to trade her in.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Sage Green Pearl
Rep:496
dodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of light

The BS is way past stopping to many stupid features and to much garbage on trucks now a days just like all the stuff u listed. Aluminum body, air ride, grill shutters, 8 speed tranny, to much stupid none sense... It's a damn truck. This shit gets me so bitter but there's no end v6 and junk like that is the way of the world I guess but again IT'S a TRUCK and a V6 has absolutely no business in a TRUCK.. Man this hole truck industry is just completely F#cked and there's no way out.. Just keeps going down that path at a rapid speed..

My bad I guess this was kind of a rant.. No such thing as a "truck" any more.. More like glorified luxury cars with a little box on that back... Sooo dumb
Old 01-14-2014, 01:58 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

some of the new features are pretty good. the cool thing about trucks are, you can really outfit them to be total luxury, or bare bones them to be a simple work truck.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:00 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram, Quad Cab
Trim Level: ST with combo packag
Color: white
Rep:136
Dancianne will become famous soon enoughDancianne will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy360 View Post
The BS is way past stopping to many stupid features and to much garbage on trucks now a days just like all the stuff u listed. Aluminum body, air ride, grill shutters, 8 speed tranny, to much stupid none sense... It's a damn truck. This shit gets me so bitter but there's no end v6 and junk like that is the way of the world I guess but again IT'S a TRUCK and a V6 has absolutely no business in a TRUCK.. Man this hole truck industry is just completely F#cked and there's no way out.. Just keeps going down that path at a rapid speed..

My bad I guess this was kind of a rant.. No such thing as a "truck" any more.. More like glorified luxury cars with a little box on that back... Sooo dumb
Roughly 100 years ago, Henry Ford said of his model T, "Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black." And at the time, I believe the average human life span was about 45. Fast forward now and look at the world today. Global competition, technology, government regulations, the EPA, customer preferences, the world's economy, United Auto Workers, disposable household income, socio-economic strata, CEO responsibility to shareholders, these and many other factors will determine the long term viability of any business, regardless of the product. OK, enough of my explanations about why there are so many variations and options available on today's trucks. Ummmmm,....while I don't know exactly how your truck is equipped, would you be willing to swap out your Big Horn for a front seat only regular cab, with column mounted 3-speed stick shift manual transmission, AM only radio with one speaker, bias ply tires, less gas mileage, yesteryear's v8 horsepower (which in many cases was less than today's v6's, rough rider drive, forget about things like power steering and brakes, air conditioning, power windows/mirrors, cruise control, not to even mention that handy key fob, 1000 mile service intervals, engines which often needed a complete rebuild by a hundred thousand miles, body and exhaust systems that frequently rusted out long before then, bed protectors/disc brakes,...WTF were those?, 1-year bumper to bumper warranties, 30 weight only oils, 15 inch wheels and hub caps (don't even in your wildest imaginations think you could have had the 17-20 inch wheels and tires of today), carpeted floors?,....what kind of heresy was that?, nerf bars or other side steps, bed rails, mounted tool boxes....heck, you just threw your hand carried tool kit in the back and went, turn signals,....those were called your arms back in the day. Ah yes, what's this world coming to ! Gimmie a "real truck"

Sorry, and I do apologize for picking on you my friend, I see that you are only 23 years old, and computerized fuel injected vehicles were in common use years before you were born.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Sage Green Pearl
Rep:496
dodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of light

It's all good.. I know what your getting at. I understand I just think it's gone a way bit to far. Yes some of the nice features are nice but some are way over kill and are much more of a headache when it all shits the bed.