DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy360 View Post
But seriously.. I think you are right.. It's bad enough first gen cummins are going for $10g+
i will even put up with the squarish wheel wells. nothing good is going to come from this take over. but i shouldn't have to worry about it for another 10 years or so.
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1101
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantman View Post
Only time will tell if Fiat will drive Chrysler's name into the dirt. These Italians got to have some great engineers in their midst, especially if Fiat has shares in Ferrari and owns Maserati. To early to judge but I'm glad some of us are still holding on to a dying breed. I know now, I will do everything I can to keep my trouble free, 2012 Dodge Ram running for years to come. Knock on wood of course.
They pretty much own Ferrari too. 90% of it. The Ferrari family own the other ten. And I wouldn't be ashamed to drive a 458.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT, Big Horn
Color: Black Pearl coat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:229
Ramzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura about

Would be funny if after this final merger of stock they moved the headquarters to the U.S.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:02 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

FYI guys the 13's don't say dodge on them
Who cares who owns them

Fiat once owned Case/IH, and they arguably had their best years under FIAT's rule. Jmo
Can it get worse than being owned by Daimler? I don't think so

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"

Last edited by Swaggerville Ram; 01-03-2014 at 02:07 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Chrysler said several years ago that the Dodge Ram, now known as the RAM, will be a brand of its own, BUT will continue to use the Dodge Vin# numbering system

so it will always be a Dodge
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 01-03-2014, 02:34 AM
Misses the Champ.

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
i will even put up with the squarish wheel wells. nothing good is going to come from this take over. but i shouldn't have to worry about it for another 10 years or so.
The Squarish fenders? NEVER!!! I'll get a Prius before I'll drive that! Crack me in the head with a hammer, but why would Fiat mess with a back to back truck of the year winner? Seems to me, it would be in their best interest to keep the status-quo.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:30 AM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:500
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggerville Ram View Post
FYI guys the 13's don't say dodge on them
Who cares who owns them

Fiat once owned Case/IH, and they arguably had their best years under FIAT's rule. Jmo
Can it get worse than being owned by Daimler? I don't think so
I agree. In contrast to the Daimler merger which was terrible for Chrysler, Chrysler vehicles have benefited a great deal from the partnership with Fiat. Time will tell though.

Also, Dodgeboy I agree with a lot of what you said about focusing too much on fuel economy, but the 8 speed is as much about performance as it is efficiency, if not moreso. I didn't buy a truck for the mileage, but i don't mind saving on gas if it doesn't impact my capability.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:1101
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

They won't mess w the Ram. It's the fourth best selling vehicle in North America. It only sells half of what Ford does w the F series but it sells three times more than the next nearest Dodge (Caravan).

Last edited by LowUFO; 01-03-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2549
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy360 View Post
Glad I'm not the only one...
I too remember, I can only hope it does not happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
The Squarish fenders? NEVER!!! I'll get a Prius before I'll drive that! Crack me in the head with a hammer, but why would Fiat mess with a back to back truck of the year winner? Seems to me, it would be in their best interest to keep the status-quo.
Hey now there Paul my wife drives a Prius.
But I agree it would not make much sense for Fiat to mess in a negative way with Ram, given it's success and growing popularity.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
ibguido is on a distinguished road

Maybe they'll put together a package deal...Dodge Ram with a Fiat in the bed to use when you're worried about gas mileage.