DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Rep:10
fiore00713 is on a distinguished road
Default Loud POP after installing aftermarket radio

Hello All,
Hoping someone might have a solution for me. I installed a Kenwood DDX770 HU in my truck a few weekends ago. It has the factory installed Alpine 10-speaker system in it.

I have only had this happen a few times, but when starting the vehicle the radio starts up and before hitting the main menu, during the time the Kendwood logo is displayed, I hear a POP sound. It has only happened a few times and I can't seem to find a way to reproduce it at will.

Everything was tested before the dash was reassembled. All connections are soldered and wrapped in heat shrink the only thing that I think could potentially be causing me issue is the parking brake line? I have that being ran to vehicle ground instead of the parking brake, where I currently have it positioned I'm wondering if it may not be getting a 'good enough' ground.

Has anyone experienced any issues like this or could point me in a direction to check?

I had someone suggest adding a 1K resistor inline with the blue/white wire but I would like a second opinion before having to tear everything apart and have it not work.

If I've missed any pertinent information please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored links