DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport 4X4
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:19
2013Ram is on a distinguished road

I thought I would close this thread with what I ended up with. I will be placing on order with them tomorrow. These guys are the only dealer that has communicated back with me (whether phone or mainly email) in a timely basis. I've dealt with 5 other dealers of which all of them fell off the face of the Earth once I told them I wanted to order.

The guys I've dealt with at Dennis Dillon were both very friendly and answered my questions clearly. So, here's the deal: MSRP $52,410 (mostly loaded Sport), Price $42,783 + $299 doc fee. The price shown includes the $1,500 rebate applicable to where I live; not where the dealership is. I confirmed with them that the $1,500 is the only rebate they have in the price listed.

This is $2,680 less than any other dealer that has responded to me (that price was FFP (1% below invoice + an additional $500 off)). That price is also $1,200 less than employee pricing. The Configuration Preview sheet of the vehicle order listed holdback, FFP, and EP. Other CP sheets I received from other dealers only showed the FFP price (I had a control number for Friends and Family pricing through the company I worked for).

I think this would be a challenge if I was much further away. I'm 12 hrs as it is. I also don't plan on trading in my vehicle. I'll either sell it myself or consign it. Plane ticket to get up there (one way) is $225 short notice. I'll let everyone know once I pick it up how it eventually all went down.
2014 Sport CC 4X4 Hemi; 5'7" Box; Leather; Remote Start and Security, Premium, and Convenience Groups; 3.92 LSD; Performance Hood; Air Susp.; Trailer Brake Controller; Class IV Receiver; ParkSense; 8.4AN NAV Radio; Spray-In Bedliner; Wheel to Wheel Side Steps. Other mods: DeeZee Tailgate Assist, BakFlip VP, Mopar Bed Extender.
Photos: http://www.ramforumz.com/album.php?albumid=3270
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 2500 Ram laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Max steel
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:10
llosty is on a distinguished road

why doc. Fee ???? I live in Utah have to go get plates and pay tax here. 299.for what??? thanks
Old 01-13-2014, 08:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500.........6.7
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:17
terb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by llosty View Post
why doc. Fee ???? I live in Utah have to go get plates and pay tax here. 299.for what??? thanks
Doc Fee, AKA = Additional Dealer Profit
Old 01-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I hate doc fees and tried to get the dealers around me to waive them. No one budged. Dennis Dillon has such a low price compared to everyone else and they are pretty clear on their website (and over the phone) that they don't negotiate either. Again, they're so low compared to everyone else I tried, I didn't fight it at all. Personally, I think the fee should be built into the price of the vehicle. They do have cost involved with placing the order, updating the customer, completing all the paperwork, etc. but I don't think it's $300. It really doesn't matter as long as you include the doc fee in your evaluation of the total of what you're paying.
2014 Sport CC 4X4 Hemi; 5'7" Box; Leather; Remote Start and Security, Premium, and Convenience Groups; 3.92 LSD; Performance Hood; Air Susp.; Trailer Brake Controller; Class IV Receiver; ParkSense; 8.4AN NAV Radio; Spray-In Bedliner; Wheel to Wheel Side Steps. Other mods: DeeZee Tailgate Assist, BakFlip VP, Mopar Bed Extender.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:01 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
rgardjr is on a distinguished road

I got some pricing from Dennis Dillon today on a truck I want to order. I started the process with a phone call to the dealership a few days ago. It took a follow up to actually get pricing, but I did receive an email today. It came on a scanned configuration preview sheet, but they had covered up the bottom part of the sheet that shows the hold back, friends and family pricing and employee pricing. So here's what was hand written on the bottom of the page:

MSRP $53,075
Sale Price $41,534
Current Rebates $3500
We can guarantee $2500
Financing with Chrysler

Pricing isn't exactly crystal clear in that it doesn't specifically say what the Chrysler financing is contributing to the deal (I think it's $500). I believe there would be the $299 document fee tacked on as well. Hopefully I can get a more specific price break down tomorrow. I got pricing from a couple of other dealers today and I was able to get Dealer Cost less 100% of the holdback ($47,034) plus the $2500 in incentives final price $44,534 within a few minutes of walking into the dealership without even negotiating. I just don't get how Dillon can be so much cheaper.

If you add the $1000 in rebate back in that isn't guaranteed plus the $500 for Chrysler financing, which the other dealer didn't include in it's price, the Dillon price ends up at $43,034. Which is $1500 less.

One question I have for you guys: What paper work does the dealer provide when you place an order? I received the deposit paper work from Dillon asking for a $1000 deposit, but there's now way I'm putting down a deposit until I receive some clarification on the actual price I'm paying today. Showing the itemized locked in rebates that is signed by someone at the dealership.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:30 AM

Vehicle: 2007 chevy 1500
gray gables is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr View Post
I got some pricing from Dennis Dillon today on a truck I want to order. I started the process with a phone call to the dealership a few days ago. It took a follow up to actually get pricing, but I did receive an email today. It came on a scanned configuration preview sheet, but they had covered up the bottom part of the sheet that shows the hold back, friends and family pricing and employee pricing. So here's what was hand written on the bottom of the page:

MSRP $53,075
Sale Price $41,534
Current Rebates $3500
We can guarantee $2500
Financing with Chrysler

Pricing isn't exactly crystal clear in that it doesn't specifically say what the Chrysler financing is contributing to the deal (I think it's $500). I believe there would be the $299 document fee tacked on as well. Hopefully I can get a more specific price break down tomorrow. I got pricing from a couple of other dealers today and I was able to get Dealer Cost less 100% of the holdback ($47,034) plus the $2500 in incentives final price $44,534 within a few minutes of walking into the dealership without even negotiating. I just don't get how Dillon can be so much cheaper.

If you add the $1000 in rebate back in that isn't guaranteed plus the $500 for Chrysler financing, which the other dealer didn't include in it's price, the Dillon price ends up at $43,034. Which is $1500 less.

One question I have for you guys: What paper work does the dealer provide when you place an order? I received the deposit paper work from Dillon asking for a $1000 deposit, but there's now way I'm putting down a deposit until I receive some clarification on the actual price I'm paying today. Showing the itemized locked in rebates that is signed by someone at the dealership.
I don't know how he prices his trucks so cheap either, I've checked with other dealers and they aren't even in the same ballpark with him. His diesel prices are around 44-47k for a 3/4 ton laramie crew cab 4x4.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 GMC Sierra 2500hd 6.0l
davidki is on a distinguished road
Default Dennis Dilllon

I have to say, I looked at prices of both GMC and Dodge trucks... the prices are unbeleivable... I"ll be calling them this week
Old 01-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Jeep Rubicon
Trim Level: Rubicon
Color: Red
Meatco1 is on a distinguished road

I bought my 2014 Laramie quad cab from "Doug Smith Dodge" in Kellogg, ID. Supposedly the largest Dodge Dealer in the world, at least that is how it is advertised. I refused to pay ANY doc fee, and bought the truck for a little over $4000.00 off factory invoice.

I could not match this price with any other dealer, including Dennis Dillon.

When we got into Kellogg, ID it seemed the whole town was taken over by Doug Smiths car lots, and various satellite offices. He is also the nations largest Chevy dealer, who sells Cadillac's, and I believe GMC also.

Even after paying for a flight out there with my son, and the hotels, fuel, and dinning, I still ended up paying less than I would have, had I bought the truck here in Colorado.

Respects,
Richard
Old 01-14-2014, 06:16 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
rgardjr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatco1 View Post
I bought my 2014 Laramie quad cab from "Doug Smith Dodge" in Kellogg, ID.
I've talked to this dealership too because they are closer to me than Dillon. My guess is that it can be luck of the draw when it comes to getting a decent salesman with a dealership this size. Needless to say, the one that contacted me was terrible. High pressure right out of the gate ($1000 rebate available but only 9 left). I was barely able to tolerate this guy long enough to get him to build the truck I wanted. Red flags kept flying during this process "paint protection package that the factory requires", "3.92 rear end will get horrible gas mileage", can't be built how you have it spec'd, gets truck built and magically the MSRP is $300 higher than the other two dealers (assuming this was for the required paint protection, but I didn't ask). Price quoted was $695 over dealer cost with the $3500 in rebates he said he could get me. I mentioned that he was over $1200 more expensive than the second place dealer that I talked to that only came up with $2500 in rebates. I was hoping to get turned at this point, but it didn't happen. He keeps pressing on what the best price I've gotten is. I ask him to confirm that the Chrysler financing is a $500 rebate-which he does. I tell him to be fair that the quote I have includes this and his doesn't so I'll add back $500 to the quote. My quote also has $3500 in rebates, but only guarantees $2500 so I'll add back another $1000. So when I add $1500 back on to my quote it still beats yours by over $2700. Things deteriorate quickly from here. He tells me I should buy from the other dealer. I counter with I think you guys should be in the driver's seat on this one, because you said you can guarantee me the $3500 in rebates vs the $2500 their going to guarantee. Came back that he'd buy the truck if he could get that deal. I took the out and said good bye. Guy never asked if they had to match/beat the other deal (which they didn't since they are closer and one of my employees has some connection with this dealer). I've talked to four dealers and was very disappointed by my experience with Dave Smith. I have some good friends that work/worked in the industry over the years I have a little bit of perspective from the other side as well.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr View Post

MSRP $53,075
Sale Price $41,534
Current Rebates $3500
We can guarantee $2500
Financing with Chrysler

So, the way I did it with these guys is I sent them an email being pretty clear that I had no intention to pay for any "extras" when the truck arrives like fabric protection, paint protection, etc. and I asked them to clarify what rebates were included in the price they were quoting me. That question moved the response from the salesman to the sales manager. He clearly stated that the only rebate used in the quoted price was the basic $1,500 available to everyone in my area. He also stated that if any additional rebates came available and if the $1,500 went up before I took delivery, I would get the difference.
I never had a bad feeling with these guys so I placed the order. I will say that the configuration preview sheet they sent me listed holdback, EP, and FPP prices. They were the only dealer that did that. The salesman told me they sell 85% of their vehicles to out of state buyers.
I guess I won't really know if they are legit or not until I take delivery. At this point, I still don't have any qualms about my decision to go with them. I could not find anything on the internet saying that they do a "bait and switch".