DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport 4X4
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:19
2013Ram is on a distinguished road

The only paperwork I got when I actually placed the order was the order confirmation sheet that looks exactly like the CP. It lists MSRP and FWP. It does not state price to be paid.
2014 Sport CC 4X4 Hemi; 5'7" Box; Leather; Remote Start and Security, Premium, and Convenience Groups; 3.92 LSD; Performance Hood; Air Susp.; Trailer Brake Controller; Class IV Receiver; ParkSense; 8.4AN NAV Radio; Spray-In Bedliner; Wheel to Wheel Side Steps. Other mods: DeeZee Tailgate Assist, BakFlip VP, Mopar Bed Extender.
Photos: http://www.ramforumz.com/album.php?albumid=3270
Sponsored links
Old 01-14-2014, 09:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Jeep Rubicon
Trim Level: Rubicon
Color: Red
Rep:10
Meatco1 is on a distinguished road

Interesting, why we had two completely different experience's.

I dealt with the fleet dept., and the salesman's name I dealt with was Russ Hersrud.

Respects,
Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr View Post
I've talked to this dealership too because they are closer to me than Dillon. My guess is that it can be luck of the draw when it comes to getting a decent salesman with a dealership this size. Needless to say, the one that contacted me was terrible. High pressure right out of the gate ($1000 rebate available but only 9 left). I was barely able to tolerate this guy long enough to get him to build the truck I wanted. Red flags kept flying during this process "paint protection package that the factory requires", "3.92 rear end will get horrible gas mileage", can't be built how you have it spec'd, gets truck built and magically the MSRP is $300 higher than the other two dealers (assuming this was for the required paint protection, but I didn't ask). Price quoted was $695 over dealer cost with the $3500 in rebates he said he could get me. I mentioned that he was over $1200 more expensive than the second place dealer that I talked to that only came up with $2500 in rebates. I was hoping to get turned at this point, but it didn't happen. He keeps pressing on what the best price I've gotten is. I ask him to confirm that the Chrysler financing is a $500 rebate-which he does. I tell him to be fair that the quote I have includes this and his doesn't so I'll add back $500 to the quote. My quote also has $3500 in rebates, but only guarantees $2500 so I'll add back another $1000. So when I add $1500 back on to my quote it still beats yours by over $2700. Things deteriorate quickly from here. He tells me I should buy from the other dealer. I counter with I think you guys should be in the driver's seat on this one, because you said you can guarantee me the $3500 in rebates vs the $2500 their going to guarantee. Came back that he'd buy the truck if he could get that deal. I took the out and said good bye. Guy never asked if they had to match/beat the other deal (which they didn't since they are closer and one of my employees has some connection with this dealer). I've talked to four dealers and was very disappointed by my experience with Dave Smith. I have some good friends that work/worked in the industry over the years I have a little bit of perspective from the other side as well.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatco1 View Post

I dealt with the fleet dept., and the salesman's name I dealt with was Russ Hersrud.

Respects,
Richard
Yep, sounds different. Salesman was Kevin Hennessey. Sales manager was Scott Wilson. Both guys seems pretty straight forward and responsive.

Curious as to where in So. Colorado you are.
2014 Sport CC 4X4 Hemi; 5'7" Box; Leather; Remote Start and Security, Premium, and Convenience Groups; 3.92 LSD; Performance Hood; Air Susp.; Trailer Brake Controller; Class IV Receiver; ParkSense; 8.4AN NAV Radio; Spray-In Bedliner; Wheel to Wheel Side Steps. Other mods: DeeZee Tailgate Assist, BakFlip VP, Mopar Bed Extender.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Ooops. Didn't read that very well the first time. Two different dealerships.....
Old 01-14-2014, 11:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
rgardjr is on a distinguished road

I got a call back from the salesman I'm working with today. Talked to him the day before and explained I wanted pricing written up in a way that I felt comfortable that I knew exactly what I was agreeing to pay for the truck in a "worst case scenario"-they quoted me a price with $1000 rebates that may not be available plus financing through Chrysler that contributed something toward the price that I probably won't do. He told me today that the guy at the dealership that could help me had today off so that they'd get it put together tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get something in writing that I feel is solid. I'll report back with my results. They're asking for a $1000 deposit from me for the order-same for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013Ram View Post
So, the way I did it with these guys is I sent them an email being pretty clear that I had no intention to pay for any "extras" when the truck arrives like fabric protection, paint protection, etc. and I asked them to clarify what rebates were included in the price they were quoting me. That question moved the response from the salesman to the sales manager. He clearly stated that the only rebate used in the quoted price was the basic $1,500 available to everyone in my area. He also stated that if any additional rebates came available and if the $1,500 went up before I took delivery, I would get the difference.
I never had a bad feeling with these guys so I placed the order. I will say that the configuration preview sheet they sent me listed holdback, EP, and FPP prices. They were the only dealer that did that. The salesman told me they sell 85% of their vehicles to out of state buyers.
I guess I won't really know if they are legit or not until I take delivery. At this point, I still don't have any qualms about my decision to go with them. I could not find anything on the internet saying that they do a "bait and switch".
Old 01-14-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatco1 View Post

Respects,
Richard
I'm sure that it just comes down to the fact that I was dealing with a younger commissioned guy that was trying to make some money. Dave Smith is a local dealer for me. Their adds are constantly on the local stations here. I have a close friend that has purchased multiple vehicles from them in the past. We purchased my foreman's company truck from them-I wasn't directly involved. I went into it thinking that it was going to be a straight forward process where I would get a good/great price right off the bat that would be difficult for the other area dealerships to beat. That's not what happened, but I've talked to a couple of the other local dealers and I'm pretty sure that I will get a great deal from either if the super deal through Dillon doesn't pan out.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I'm sure your right, both dealers are good folks to work with.

Quote:
I'm sure that it just comes down to the fact that I was dealing with a younger commissioned guy that was trying to make some money. Dave Smith is a local dealer for me. Their adds are constantly on the local stations here. I have a close friend that has purchased multiple vehicles from them in the past. We purchased my foreman's company truck from them-I wasn't directly involved. I went into it thinking that it was going to be a straight forward process where I would get a good/great price right off the bat that would be difficult for the other area dealerships to beat. That's not what happened, but I've talked to a couple of the other local dealers and I'm pretty sure that I will get a great deal from either if the super deal through Dillon doesn't pan out.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

My ranch is located about 8 miles NE of Stonewall, on the other side of the Rockies from you.

Respects,
Richard

Quote:
Yep, sounds different. Salesman was Kevin Hennessey. Sales manager was Scott Wilson. Both guys seems pretty straight forward and responsive.

Curious as to where in So. Colorado you are.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
I got a call back from the salesman I'm working with today. Talked to him the day before and explained I wanted pricing written up in a way that I felt comfortable that I knew exactly what I was agreeing to pay for the truck in a "worst case scenario"-they quoted me a price with $1000 rebates that may not be available plus financing through Chrysler that contributed something toward the price that I probably won't do. He told me today that the guy at the dealership that could help me had today off so that they'd get it put together tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get something in writing that I feel is solid. I'll report back with my results. They're asking for a $1000 deposit from me for the order-same for you?
Yes, they emailed me a form to send back with a non-refundable $1,000 deposit. I used a credit card with the thought that I could protest through my credit card company if the deal changes when I get there.

Here's the wording I got from the sales manager in response to my questions:
"Good afternoon. Here is the pricing information on your 2014 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab 4X4 that you built with XXX:

M.S.R.P.: 52,410.00.

Sale Price: 42,783.00 plus taxes and fees. This price is after all discounts and rebates.

The additional fees include the documentation fee of 299.00 and your state title/temporary registration fee of 16.20.

I have attached a copy of our 1000.00 non-refundable form for you to fill out and e-mail or fax back.

Please call or e-mail with any questions.

Thank you for your business,

XXX"

Second response when I asked exactly WHAT rebates they included in that price:

"Paul,

The sale price in my previous e-mail only includes the standard consumer cash rebate of 1500.00 that everyone in your region qualifies for.

If the incentives increase or you qualify for any additional rebates that Chrysler offers at the time of delivery, you will realize the benefit of those savings.

I hope this answers your question.

-XXX"

That seemed pretty clear to me so I emailed over the deposit form. I had a Priced Order Confirmation emailed back to me within the hour.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Yes, they emailed me a form to send back with a non-refundable $1,000 deposit. I used a credit card with the thought that I could protest through my credit card company if the deal changes when I get there.

Here's the wording I got from the sales manager in response to my questions:
"Good afternoon. Here is the pricing information on your 2014 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab 4X4 that you built with XXX:

M.S.R.P.: 52,410.00.

Sale Price: 42,783.00 plus taxes and fees. This price is after all discounts and rebates.

The additional fees include the documentation fee of 299.00 and your state title/temporary registration fee of 16.20.

I have attached a copy of our 1000.00 non-refundable form for you to fill out and e-mail or fax back.

Please call or e-mail with any questions.

Thank you for your business,

XXX"

Second response when I asked exactly WHAT rebates they included in that price:

"Paul,

The sale price in my previous e-mail only includes the standard consumer cash rebate of 1500.00 that everyone in your region qualifies for.

If the incentives increase or you qualify for any additional rebates that Chrysler offers at the time of delivery, you will realize the benefit of those savings.

I hope this answers your question.

-XXX"

That seemed pretty clear to me so I emailed over the deposit form. I had a Priced Order Confirmation emailed back to me within the hour.
That's exactly what I asking for. The part of the original quote I received was that was unclear was that the quoted price included financing with Chrysler, but did not specify what this contributed to the price. The Chrysler financing didn't come up in my pre-quote conversations with my salesman, and I highly doubt that I'd use the Chrysler financing. The other dealers I've talk to have told me it would be worth $500, but I would like that wording included in my quote. I talked to my salesman again this morning and said he's waiting for Scott (which from your post sounds like the sales manager) to get there so he can send me an updated quote.