DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:10
Hemi All Day is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
My wheels and tires choices took months and was a life or death decision. I looked at probably 100 different rims comparing looks and prices with what I wanted and tires was hell. I knew for sure I wanted 17" black rims, and tires I originally wanted 33" A/T's, which slowly changed to 35.. and then 35" m/t's. After going through the Z lookin at peoples builds, reviews and picking away peoples minds and asking for advice from members (espcially Grubrunner, Brandjansen and FastNugly, and also gonefishin776 for help on 17" rim offset questions) I decided on the Toyo open country m/t. Loved the looks and everything about them. I even started second guessing my choices of tires the day before ordering, but got help and advice about the other tires I looked at, and stuck with the Toyo's.

My original Rims I wanted were a different XD rim, but they discontinued them for 1500 rams, so I had to count them out. I eventually narrowed it down to 3 rims, and just sat and stared at ten billion pics of them on trucks and matched with the Toyos. I did really like the fuel rims, but did not find it worth the price different of my XD addicts.
In the end, I beleive I made the perfect decision for myself and I love the set up on my rig. Here is a pic of my 17" XD addicts with -12 offset wrapped in 35/12.50/17 Toyo Open Country M/T.
I like those. they look really good on your truck.
Billet Catch Can, BakFlip G2, 17" XD Rockstar 2, 295/70R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Recon Smoked 3rd Brake Light, Retro Shop Low Beam 6000k HID kit, Retro Shop Fog Light 6000k HID Kit, Front tint: 15%, Rear tint: Double Limo.
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
I like those. they look really good on your truck.
Thanks a lot, I lost hours of sleep and I am pretty sure Andrew (fastNugly) did too with the millions of texts I sent him all the time asking questions. I love the way they turned out with, and they are not a common rim that is always seen like the Rockstars in my city.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 01-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:68
Detroit3000 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The XD Cranks were actually in my top 10 lol.. With them being a 20" rim.. You will see a lot of the rotor, even the 17" show off quite a bit. The stance of the truck all depends on the offset of the rim. Do you want them popping out, or tucked in nicely?
That's still TBD, thinking at most sticking out about a half inch but I don't know if there's even an offset that offers that
Old 01-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit3000 View Post
That's still TBD, thinking at most sticking out about a half inch but I don't know if there's even an offset that offers that
Hm.. It does all come down to the tire width too. With 12.50 wide tires (toyos actually sit more liek 13.3" wide) and -12 offset I stick out about 2".. Probably 0 offset or a positive offset would be able to offer something similar.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:31 AM

That's with a 35, I'm running 275's so I'm only around 10.7 wide. No mater what they can't go past what my stock mopar mud flaps will cover
Old 01-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit3000 View Post
That's with a 35, I'm running 275's so I'm only around 10.7 wide. No mater what they can't go past what my stock mopar mud flaps will cover
Ya I know, I am just thinking a 0 would offer ehat you need.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ya I know, I am just thinking a 0 would offer ehat you need.
I’m with my fellow Cannuk on this one. If you’re running a smaller tire than a 35x12.5 you should be sticking out about an inch or less with a zero offset rim… And I if you’re looking at the Crank I say go for it! I was on the fence for months as well and what finally convinced me to get the crank was when I saw them on a Toyota Tacoma and thought Holy what rim is that?!? and when I went to go snoop I saw it was the XD Crank in Machined/Flat Black. I made up my mind right there and ordered them the next day. It’s one of the few rims that actually looks better in person than in pictures, so much so that when I saw it in person for the first time I didn't recognize it right away!

Here's another Pick... But yes its Machined with a 35... everyone's doing it lol

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps

Last edited by MangoTangoMofo; 01-08-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Mangatango, I actually went and looked at your pics to offer my advice because I remember you had the cranks, you combo looks awesome with the colour of your truck.

Detroit, would you be able to post a side pic of your truck right now, we have a few members of here who are amazing with photoshop and might be able to rough up something for you.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:48 PM

This is the only pic I have since the level, it's -4 today so I can't even go to a car wash if I wanted to

Old 01-08-2014, 12:59 PM

The machined cranks fit your truck/color perfectly.. I'm heading to check out your build. Great looking truck!!!