DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:14
cc rider is on a distinguished road
Default Ordered a new bighorn quad 4x4!

So, I just bought this 05 quad 4x4 slt off craigslist 108000 miles for 5700 a few weeks ago. I noticed its been having some vibration from 50-70mph. I don't think its the wheel balancing either. Also, the other day, I floored it on the highway and it started to flash the check engine light . I got a couple codes about the pressure sensor (po876)in the transmission and some other code. Older dodge trannys always scared me especially when being plowed/towed with. guy plowed with it. probably has not had the tranny fluid changed. I read it could be as simple as changing the filter inside. other than that the truck is good mechanically that I know of. I figured it was a good deal as a fixer upper. I took a risk. I decided I wanted a new one now so I went to dealer. Who knows what else could be wrong with it. I actually had it checked by mechanics and they never hooked up a scanner I guess. There was no light before I bought it. I thought the codes get stored even after "erasing the light". They offered me 9500 for it and I bought a brand new big horn 4x4. I ordered it exactly the way I want. I knew that some of these options would be near impossible to find together on a lot. That made me know I would get one built. I don't mind the wait. Options: package 26z,5.7 hemi, 8 speed electronic, bucket seats, upgraded amp/speakers, uconnect 8.4an, REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER (hard to find), 32 gal. tank LOL!, remote start , protection package (another one hard to find), tow group, anti spin dif., 3.92 gears, comfort group, rear cam, luxury group, cd player. I'll be using it to tow a boat. I left a $500 deposit and the order is pending. I told them I needed a few days to think about the color. I cant decide. It's either black or cherry red. I think the black looks best, but too hard to keep clean and shows everything. Always had black too. I'm leaning towards deep cherry red , but cant decide on the inside. The canyon brown looks good with the red but the other color (frost?) is very light. The diesel gray would look good in either too but it's boring. I plan on keeping this rig for at least 10 years. I don't want to make a decision and then regret it. I would always be satisfied with the darker colors but...... I feel like a woman picking out interior home décor colors! What do you guys think? Oh, I originally told them $1000 down and they wanted 1500 so I said throw in a spray liner and I'll make it $1500. The liner is $475 anyway. I knew they were near their rock bottom price and I expect them to make money. I thought I did good according to truecar.com . 1500 down 440/month for 6 yrs. with my truck which is probably only worth 6000 realistically. KB says around 9000 but this thing is disgusting inside and the bed has been painted by some moron (looks like spray can). I was going to clean it up but.....
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2014, 09:57 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:643
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i always made it a rule to never by a truck that was used for plowing. glad it all worked out in your favor.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:13 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Captain10 is on a distinguished road

Paid 5700 and are getting 9500 out of it a few weeks later? Sounds like a damn good deal to me. Hope I get so lucky on the steal I got. It be a dream come true to build a truck to my specifications. As far as the colors go, Ive always preferred darker interiors but it all comes down to personal preference.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:13 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Well got a good deal on the trade it, and got yourself the truck exactly that you wanted. I would not buy a 1500 with a plow or fifth wheel set up. You never know how the previous owner treated it. My bud bought a 1500 Z71 chev with a fifth wheel hitch and within 5 months blew a rear end and tranny.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 01-11-2014, 03:36 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Hemi All Day is on a distinguished road

Well congratulations! That's very lucky.
Billet Catch Can, BakFlip G2, 17" XD Rockstar 2, 295/70R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Recon Smoked 3rd Brake Light, Retro Shop Low Beam 6000k HID kit, Retro Shop Fog Light 6000k HID Kit, Front tint: 15%, Rear tint: Double Limo.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:35 PM

I know. I hope it makes it another month without any major issues. I opened the oil filler cap(the one that says 5w-20) when I was adding oil after changing it and I saw moisture (water drops inside the cap!) It's missing the rubber gasket that is on the picture below. They don't check anything. Go out check the vin took it for a ride around the parking lot and said $9500 for it. I have a feeling its going to have problems in the future. Like I said the guy that owned it was a slob. He told me the interior was clean. I looked at him and said "you consider this clean" when I went to look at it. He gave me this blank look LOL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Chrysl...dd1af5&vxp=mtr

Last edited by cc rider; 01-11-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:59 PM

Yeah I got 440 per month for 72months w/1500 down plus my truck. I don't think that was bad. They didn't give me a problem anyway. They first came with $469 month with $1000 down. I'm wondering how much more I could have gotten off. I don't know what Im doing as far as negotiating and asked a lot of people for help.I'm satisfied though. Seems like they were more than fair using truecar which I was told to use. Like I said , they have to make money. One of the other dealers wouldn't come close to that. I think I'm going to have them add a block heater too. Its only $90. Maybe hell throw it in without asking for more $. What do you guys think. It was near zero here for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Well got a good deal on the trade it, and got yourself the truck exactly that you wanted. I would not buy a 1500 with a plow or fifth wheel set up. You never know how the previous owner treated it. My bud bought a 1500 Z71 chev with a fifth wheel hitch and within 5 months blew a rear end and tranny.

Last edited by cc rider; 01-11-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:14 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Rep:528
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Get the cherry red for sure. That's the color I'd have got if I would have ordered.
Huskyliner Weatherbeaters, door edge guards, Line-X bedliner, Kryptek Typhon Cordura seat covers w/ MOLLE panels (review), Console Vault (install/review), Bilstein 4600s (thread), BFG T/A KO2 LT275/60/20s (thread), Borla XR-1 (thread).
Old 01-11-2014, 03:24 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1637
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Well congrats on the new purchase....Sounds like you made a good decision when you originally bought the 05......Made some decent jack on the trade in.....Nicley done.....

Please post some pics when you pick it up.....

Ed

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 01-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram CC Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brillient Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Black Warlock is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you walked off like a bandit lol well on the trade in that is. Looks like your new truck is the way you want it and its new so you can maintain it right from day one.