DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-20-2014, 07:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Alex Ram 1500 Sport is on a distinguished road
Default HELP! magnaflow opinions/prices neede ASAP?

So i talked to my auto guy and i am placing an order tomorrow.

MUFFLER: I am torn between the magnaflow 14" and 18".

Kind of leaning towards the 14, but a little worrried it will be to loud inside the cab?? I can have it ordered and installed for 185$, fair price?

Y-Pipe: Magnaflow Y-Pipe ordered and installed for 115$, fair Price? Will it make a difference? i know the stock y-pipe is very restrictive and squished.

5" TIPS: Anyone know of good 5" tips and most of all an ADAPTER???

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated and need them ASAP please.
Sponsored links
Old 01-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

I don't know that I have all your answers but here is something.

It's hard to say on the 14" vs 18" because everyone is different. What I think is loud may be quiet to you. In my own personal experience, I installed a 14" and eventually got tired of the sound level while cruising at 75-80 mph. I swapped it for a 22". There is surprisingly not as much difference in the two mufflers as I would have thought, however, the 22" is quieter enough while cruising that I am now satisfied. As for the price, I'd say that's fair. I ordered my Maggie from Summit ($130) and had it welded in locally for about $25-30.

I've never replaced the y-pipe and there seems to be some debate about the gain. If you have seen the stock pipe then you know that the Maggie pipe has to be more efficient. But are you going to be able to feel the difference from the driver's seat? I don't know but my guess is no, you will not. Similarly, can't comment on the price as I've never had it done but best I remember there is a little fabbing and welding involved.

As for the tips, any tip is going to be a good tip as long as it is stainless steel. Your muffler guy should be able to fab up an "adaptor" if needed to make the tips fit. Mufflex sells a set of dual 5" stainless tips that are bolt-on for DIY installation. They are a little pricey at $190 but you would want to compare this to the price of buying tips and paying your exhaust guy to install them.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Alex Ram 1500 Sport is on a distinguished road

I ended up going with the 14" just cause I wasn't sure if the 18" would be loud enough for me. Also got the y pipe there both going in Monday. I appreciate your response and will let you know how it sounds.

Next up probably gunna throw some 5" tips I think I'll end up going with the MBRP just because they seem reasonably priced at 50$ a tip