DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion All about Off-Road in here! From prep to execution! Let us know how you roll Off Road in your Dodge Ram Truck!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-01-2014, 02:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
dilligaf5050 is on a distinguished road
Default Lift Kit... Leveling?

I bought my 2012 ram 1500 with a Pro Comp 4" lift kit already installed, i ensured it was covered through my extended warranty. After a few days of driving around i noticed the front end was much lower than the rear end, to be expected in a stock pickup truck, but not on a lifted truck. (i must not have noticed it initially due to being excited about buying a new truck)...So i was curious if the truck had settled in this position after a few miles or something was wrong. I called the dealer and they basically said "it is... what it is" and unless it was broken obviously by way of improper installation or damage, there was nothing they were going to do. I called Pro Comp and after 30 minutes or so of being on hold i spoke with a tech who told me "All Pro Comp lifts, sit level after installation and if i wasn't happy with it, to take it back to the installer (dealer)"... Since the dealer i purchased the truck from was 4 hours away and over the phone said that there wasn't anything they were going to do... i took my truck to the local 4X4 shop and asked them for some advice and to look at my truck, their analysis was a little more of the same and too just drive my truck around and see if it will level out for the better, because nothing was broken and the lift looked to have been installed properly... the shop guy even said to add weight to my bed to compress the springs and give an appearance of level...

10,000 miles later, my truck still drives well and hasn't had any major problems, but the front end is still noticeably lower than the rear...Is there any kind of adjustment, mod, cheap trick or Magic i can use to fix the "level" of my truck?
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black/Mineral Gray
Rep:219
Boosted has a spectacular aura aboutBoosted has a spectacular aura aboutBoosted has a spectacular aura about
Default Lift Kit... Leveling?

Depending on which Pro Comp lift you have, there are a few options. One would be to install Bilsteins up front and set them to whatever setting needed to get the truck sitting closer to level.

Do you know which kit you have? Can you post a picture of your truck?
Old 02-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express 4X4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:304
h2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the rough

What Boosted said. It's very common. Height adjustable shocks or a spacer will fix you right up.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:48 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

If you are already lifted I would veer away from the spacer idea, as you likely already have a strut spacer, it is not good practice to go and add coil spacers too. Your best bet would be to get some adjustable shocks from either bilstein or procomp. Bilstein has 6 settings I believe rangin from 0"-2.75" Pro Comp has 2 setting 0" and 2.75". Before making a decision on which way you want to go I would first measure the height in the front from the ground to the center of the wheel well and then do the same in the back, subtract the front from the rear to know exactly how much additional lift you need. Once you know shoot us a message and we can get you some quotes worked up on different parts that would remedy your situation and get you truck sitting like you want it.

sales@bullysperformance.com

Thanks

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 02-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Red
Rep:10
dilligaf5050 is on a distinguished road

thank you, for all the ideas... this picture was taken 4 or 5 days after i bought the truck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck Ride 1.jpg (74.6 KB, 101 views)
Old 02-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully's Performance View Post
If you are already lifted I would veer away from the spacer idea, as you likely already have a strut spacer, it is not good practice to go and add coil spacers too. Your best bet would be to get some adjustable shocks from either bilstein or procomp. Bilstein has 6 settings I believe rangin from 0"-2.75" Pro Comp has 2 setting 0" and 2.75". Before making a decision on which way you want to go I would first measure the height in the front from the ground to the center of the wheel well and then do the same in the back, subtract the front from the rear to know exactly how much additional lift you need. Once you know shoot us a message and we can get you some quotes worked up on different parts that would remedy your situation and get you truck sitting like you want it.

sales@bullysperformance.com

Thanks
Exactly what he said ^^. Go for the Bilsteins. The ride great and will do exactly what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf5050 View Post
thank you, for all the ideas... this picture was taken 4 or 5 days after i bought the truck
Holy crap that's a retarded amount of rake! Take some measurements to see how much you actually have. To me that looks like more rake than a factory truck... Almost like they installed 6" lift components on the back and 4" lift components on the front.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 02-01-2014, 07:03 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Black Ram Express
Trim Level: Black Express
Color: Black
Rep:14
nitro017 is on a distinguished road

i agree with brandon, that ass end is much higher than a stock truck. it is deff lifted more in the rear. i honestly think the owner before you did what brandon said in the second part of his post. they should have flipped it around and did a 4" lift in the rear and a 6" in front which would have given the truck that leveled look that so many of us truck guys desire.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:10 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

After seeing the pictures I would have to agree with the above 2 statements, that looks like a 6" in the rear and a 4" in the front. It almost looks like someone got the boxes mixed up when installing, or were shipped the wrong ones (this does happen from time to time). Either that or they put coil spacers on the front and a 4" lift in the rear I am undecided, either way I would get you some bilsteins set them at 2.1 and call it a day, will still have slight rake(judging from the pics) but will be much more tolerable that is for sure.

Thanks

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:23
DonT is on a distinguished road

I agree with everyone else. It does not look right. Maybe you can verify if you actually have springs or blocks in the rear for a 6" lift. If you do, it may be best to change the parts with 4" lift parts.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:31 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:28
MisterGDRam is on a distinguished road

Thats not a level kit. I think its just a lift kit.
On Stock ram from end i lower then rear.
If you lift them with same height,still the front end will be lower.