DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-06-2014, 12:46 AM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

You can toss the darts when the time comes. I picked that up when I was already in my 40's if you can believe it after losing 4 loved ones within 30 months...

And in typical Var fashion regular darts weren't enough, I had to go with Djarum Blacks - clove cigarettes. Probably 6-8X a regular dart. But Mmmmm. Especially on a raging hot afternoon after getting of the HOG.

Oh yeah .. I quite 370 days ago

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
You can toss the darts when the time comes. I picked that up when I was already in my 40's if you can believe it after losing 4 loved ones within 30 months...

And in typical Var fashion regular darts weren't enough, I had to go with Djarum Blacks - clove cigarettes. Probably 6-8X a regular dart. But Mmmmm. Especially on a raging hot afternoon after getting of the HOG.

Oh yeah .. I quite 370 days ago
Sorry to hear about the loved one, and congrats on quitting man.

Those blacks are amazing, but I can only stand them in small doses. Like a pack the odd time. I enjoy them in the winter or when fishing.
Used to switch between dumor reds or next blue. Now just gone el cheapo with Next blue
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 02-06-2014, 01:17 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1531
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Well, as long as everyone is sharing. I am divorced. I was married for 7 years. The marriage ended two years after the ceremony. She crawled into a bottle and never crawled out. It was bad. Really bad. She was arrested for assault on her 10 year old daughter. The ex got drunk one night and decided to pick a fight with me. I left because by that time I realized it was useless to argue (Or discuss) with a drunk. Several arguments where the police showed up showed me that. I went to my mother's place. Well, it's the middle of winter and the ex throws her 10 year old kid out of the house in slippers and PJs. Luckily the kid was smart enough to grab her cell phone and called a friend's mother. She drove about 20 minutes to pick up the ex's kid.

The mother calls me and says the kid has marks on her and she feels like she should call the police. I told her she needed to do what she thought was right. I wasn't with the kid and didn't see the marks. The police went to the house and arrested the ex. She went exactly one year with out drinking because she was on paper as zero tolerance. The state evaluated her and decided she didn't have an alcohol problem but rather an anger problem. Well, she has both. Even the ex said how easy it was to lie on the questionnaire.

That was when I knew, for sure, the marriage was over. About a dozen really, really bad arguments later just cemented it. She trashed the house several times. The police showed up at least 6 times because she was so loud. She threw two of her parakeets out the door in the middle of winter. Never saw them again. She threatened to kill my dog "To show me a lesson." The list goes on and on. I do not have the patience to deal with these types of people anymore. Friends of the ex used to tell me how I was the most patient man they have ever seen. Was.

So, when I say dying of an addiction is a waste I truly and deeply mean it. Not only for the person who actually dies but everyone that is left behind that has to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 02-06-2014, 02:56 AM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

Brandon, I just started buying bags of cheapies at the reserve after several years of the blacks (before I quit). My supplier here was hammering me @ $125+tx/ carton. Niagara was a LOT cheaper.

Darth, sorry to hear the BS you endured for those few years. I've known others who have been around alcoholics and they have zero tolerance now. I see a lot of addiction on the job .. lotssss over the last quarter century. I've seen countless families destroyed by oxys and the like. Starts with weight gain .. then chronic back pain .. then pain meds .. then addiction .. then job loss .. then complete waste of humanity. I know a few Drs that have lost their license by over-prescribing multiple patients. And of course they flock to a weak doc when word gets out that they're easy to manipulate. Dr's need to grow the f up and stop planting the seed of destruction.

Life sucks .. and it hurts. It hurts a lot, but drugs and alcohol (in excess) are definitely not the answer. Avoid that white line into an early grave.

Var

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 02-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:121
canadian.bacon will become famous soon enoughcanadian.bacon will become famous soon enough

@Darth, man, this sux. At least you got out of it. I am divorced as well, been married for almost 10 years, so I know how stressful it is.
The only bad habit I had was smoking, no pot or anything, just smoking. Nice entourage in school, picked up smoking in grade 9...smoke straight for 8 years. By the 7th year I was at about 3-4 packs a day, every day, 7 days a week. Then one day I ran after the bus and I realized I couldn't run at all, i couldnt breath and i was weak. I quit shortly after that, cold turkey, no nicorette or other patches BS, just quit, never to touch it again.
First month I lost about 15lb, I was nervous all the time, but after a while it all went down and i was able to set myself free of that. Haven't smoked since, 14 years smoke free now.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
I know a few Drs that have lost their license by over-prescribing multiple patients. And of course they flock to a weak doc when word gets out that they're easy to manipulate. Dr's need to grow the f up and stop planting the seed of destruction.

Life sucks .. and it hurts. It hurts a lot, but drugs and alcohol (in excess) are definitely not the answer. Avoid that white line into an early grave.

Var
In my line of work we get all kinds of addicts. Cooking for a living is an atypical way to earn money as it usually means working while everyone else is sleeping. Our hospital system is one company and is pretty good at weeding out the pill poppers. I have heard a couple of the guys say they were red flagged at the hospital because the doctors thought they were going in just for pills.

I have been lucky. Addiction runs in my family. I do not even smoke. Never even started. I can go weeks without a beer.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 02-06-2014, 12:50 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

What's a shame is that people idiolize these celebrities that are worthless people. Not to mention any names (ciley myrus, bustin jeiber)....

There are celebrities out there that are good people, but most are worthless souls(sorry to sound so harsh). I read how Taylor Swift writes ALL her own music, she is a fantastic performer(even if you don't like that genre), and she donated a higher percentage of her earnings last year than anyone else. That's pretty noble. Millions of dollars. Oh and she's what like 24 years old? No drugs, not boyfriend drama, craziness, etc.

I watched the video of vince gill and patty loveless singing go rest high on that mountain at george jones funeral at the grand ole opry the other night and that was one of the saddest things I've ever seen. Watching someone trying to sing while crying so hard they can't get a sound out of their mouth is really hard. Just goes to show how close that group is.

It's really a shame to see so many people overwhelmingly concerned with things that are just not an important part of life. I remember about a year ago I was watching the news with my father in law and there was a segment about a family that drove across the country to take their kid to disney. They kid didn't know they were going there until they pulled up and they video taped his reaction. The kid went berserk. We both thought it was really sad that they were reinforcing the believe that disney should be one of the most important things in that kids life. Walt sure knew how to make money though man. Look up disney's quarterly profits, yes PROFITS, it's insane. Makes you sick to your stomach.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
What's a shame is that people idiolize these celebrities that are worthless people. Not to mention any names (ciley myrus, bustin jeiber)....

There are celebrities out there that are good people, but most are worthless souls(sorry to sound so harsh). I read how Taylor Swift writes ALL her own music, she is a fantastic performer(even if you don't like that genre), and she donated a higher percentage of her earnings last year than anyone else. That's pretty noble. Millions of dollars. Oh and she's what like 24 years old? No drugs, not boyfriend drama, craziness, etc.

I watched the video of vince gill and patty loveless singing go rest high on that mountain at george jones funeral at the grand ole opry the other night and that was one of the saddest things I've ever seen. Watching someone trying to sing while crying so hard they can't get a sound out of their mouth is really hard. Just goes to show how close that group is.

It's really a shame to see so many people overwhelmingly concerned with things that are just not an important part of life. I remember about a year ago I was watching the news with my father in law and there was a segment about a family that drove across the country to take their kid to disney. They kid didn't know they were going there until they pulled up and they video taped his reaction. The kid went berserk. We both thought it was really sad that they were reinforcing the believe that disney should be one of the most important things in that kids life. Walt sure knew how to make money though man. Look up disney's quarterly profits, yes PROFITS, it's insane. Makes you sick to your stomach.
I don't idolize anyone. I was explaining what a waste for a talent like this, be it an actor or musician or whatever, that basically killed himself. What could he have done if he had lived? What would Led Zeppelin have done if Bonham didn't choke on his own vomit after an all day drinking binge? What if?

As for the Disney thing I disagree. Just because a company makes a lot of money doesn't make them evil. Do you know what happens to companies that don't make money? They go away. As a child going to the park was kind of eh. Going to a local amusement park or fair was cool. Going to Disney World was amazing. In the cold and calculating world these types of companies sell a product to make a profit. In the hearts and minds of kids the various Disney parks are a fun place to go. Why is that part wrong?

I submit Microsoft is the poster child for evil and greedy companies. Bill Gates and his wife not only started a charitable organization but actually talked some of the world's billionaires to promise to give away at least 50% of their worth in their lifetimes. Yet, it's founder and pretty much face of the company did this.

Oh, and Taylor Swift doesn't have boyfriend drama? Really? She writes songs about her ex-boyfriends. She is famous for it. Not only is that drama but she makes money off of them.

Last edited by DarthRam; 02-06-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:17 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^I wasn't directing that at you.

I don't have a problem with companies making a profit, nor do I have a problem with people liking disney, or whatever it may be. I was expressing my discontent with the parents of the kid. It's one thing to have fun and enjoy something but it's a shame to instill in that kid that that is what's most valuable in life. A theme park is not something that kid should "idolize". It should be a fun trip, hobby, etc. Basically, they'll charge as much as possible and as much as they can. Can't blame them. But it is pretty sickening to look at their profits.

Look at how many people idolize kurt cobane. He was very famous and had good music. I wouldn't say he was this unbelievably talented singer or guitar player compared to many others but no doubt he made some good music and was famous. Still, he's not someone I'd want my kids to idolize. People just lose sight of what's right, good, and important.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:09 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:121
canadian.bacon will become famous soon enoughcanadian.bacon will become famous soon enough

well...do you think pink floyd was 100% sober when they came up with "wish you were here"?
LOL