*** First off a HUGE nod to Andrew @ Bullys Performance! Andrew set me up with my T1000 & Vararam. Excellent customer service displayed in our 1AM tech talks sorting things out
Last night I installed the DS software, and updated everything, and today when I went out I parked in town (not too far from the dealership in case I mucked something up *L*) and hooked up the T1000 to set things up. Super easy - picked the 87 oct tune, and then 'modify' so I could edit the tire size. Saved the stock tune, wrote the new tune to the truck and went for a drive.
At first when I started the truck initially, with the window down, the exhaust note somehow sounded more sedate....that didn't last.
I headed through the city, and remember I'm used to the truck coping with the 37's I run. I have 3.92 gears but she was still a bit of a dog though. BUT as I jetted down the street I could very, very quickly feel a HUGE difference. I'll lay out a few butt dyno observations -
* Much more positive shifts
* Improved throttle response
* I actually get thrown back in the seat now when I launch it
* I was continually catching myself speeding because my ear needed time to calibrate to the new 'tone' of 30 mph & 60 mph. On the hwy I was always heading to 75 mph for some reason. Felt right
* I need high performance brakes now .. haha
* I LOVE that my truck feels 'back'. What a pleasure to drive again.
* HWY RPM's @ 60 MPH of 1500.
* MPG ~ 20 HWY. A solid 3 MPG better than PRE-T1000.
Best money I've spent in a long time
Just wanted to share. This isn't coming from a gear head. I'm just Joe average...