DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
trojanman22 is on a distinguished road
Default H&S Mini Maxx question!

I just bought the programmer from someone that has an 08 6.7L and I have a 2010. When I plug the programmer in it showed his vehicle in the bottom right corner. I went into vehicle select, selected my vehicle, the programmer restarted. Now when I plug it in it shows my vehicle type in the bottom right hand corner. And if I go into the vehicle settings on the tuner it still shows his vehicle info and VIN, etc. If I hit install download or whatever it is on the menu it says "confirming 10-12 dodge cummins". Is it ok to proceed with installing the tune? I've been told it is if it's not "married to the other truck" and I've been told as long as the other person "uninstalled it properly from their vehicle" it's okay. To me, if it's giving me the option to download the tune to my vehicle I should be good but on the other hand I don't want to proceed if I shouldn't. The tuner had the deletes so I've been told not to update it on the site because it'll take the delete software out
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

It's fine to proceed with that. It won't let you install the tuner if it's still married to another truck. The tuner just asks you that to confirm that you have the correct software downloaded for your truck.

Whoever told you not to update it online because it will take the delete software out is wrong. A delete tuner is a delete tuner.... Updating it won't change that. I would definitely download the latest H&S software before you install it on the truck just so you're up to date with everything in case you want to run MCC or OD software down the road.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 02-11-2014, 03:17 PM

Oh ok great! Yeah I was told since the govts been shutting a lot of this stuff down I heard if I update it to current firmware that it takes the delete software out of it
Old 02-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Ya there's been a few guys saying that.... It's gone around on CumminsForum quite a bit as well but it's not true. I've updated my MiniMaxx and it's still a delete tuner. Pretty much everyone on CumminsForum will tell you the same thing.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Old 02-11-2014, 05:53 PM

See I talked to a buddy that took his off his ford when he sold it and went online to change it back to factory and it wouldn't work. He called h&s and they said he would have to send it to them but when they reprogrammed it it would take the deletes off or they would be in trouble with EPA.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

For one, it doesn't make sense to me that he would have to go online to change it back to factory... if he uninstalled it from the truck it should be ready to install on any other vehicle. You just have to load the new file in for the other vehicle.

I'm going to send you a PM with the rest of my reply because I don't want it out on the public forum....

Old 04-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
Reaper is on a distinguished road

I had a dura a before I bought the 14 cummins. I was required to leave the tune on the truck so the engine light would stay off and the derate mode would stay off. Trade in. Is there a way to reuse my xrt pro without h&s reprogramming it and turning it into a street version? It's a race as of now.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:35 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
I had a dura a before I bought the 14 cummins. I was required to leave the tune on the truck so the engine light would stay off and the derate mode would stay off. Trade in. Is there a way to reuse my xrt pro without h&s reprogramming it and turning it into a street version? It's a race as of now.
Nope... If you left it installed on the Duramax it's still married to that truck and you're SOL.... It wouldn't work on your 2014 anyways for the record.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
Reaper is on a distinguished road

Awesome have me a nice paper weight now. I have been trying to search for things on the 14 and no such luck. Well except eBay exhaust kits from filter.