DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 ram 1500 hemi 2wd
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Cowboy-Elvis is on a distinguished road
Default what problems with 2010 ram

So, I pick up my dodge today from the dealership, it's a QC 4x2 big horn with 67000 on the 5.7 ..what issues should I address when I go to get it? Was there a recall for anything major?
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2014, 07:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

The most significant recall on the '10 trucks was the pinion nut. If you do a search I'm sure that you'll find lots of info on it.

I think the HVAC blend door (or something similar) was also an issue on some trucks. I had mine replaced under warranty at about 12K-15K miles.

Hopefully you'll get service records when you buy the truck. That will tell you more about the owner (and the truck) than what we can. Every truck is different, and one that is maintained well, will serve you well

good luck and be sure to post pics when you pic 'er up

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 02-16-2014, 04:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: PR4 Flame Red
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
ric221 is on a distinguished road

if you went over the truck well. I can't think of things you missed
as stated above have them check pinion nut
Old 02-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

There were three recalls that you need to ensure we're taken care of, 1) outer tie rods ends 2) HVAC software flash and 3) pinion nut retainer. My 2010 has been flawless in all respects. I would also have them change the oil and filter before you pick it up. Congrats and post some pics when you get it.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 long bed
Trim Level: SLT
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
joedw00 is on a distinguished road
Default Hvac

What problems were they having with the HVAC. I just got mine and it doesn't seem to blow very much air out of the vents.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:54 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:83
Turbovsix will become famous soon enough

I believe the HVAC issue was with the blend door between floor/dash vents not operating properly or at all, so the flash fixed that issue. RansRam has the three recalls down - I had all of those done on mine and no real issues on my 2010 other than the differential. If they do the outer tie rod ends, just make sure they reset the toe on the alignment. I had to remind my dealership to address that.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbovsix View Post
I believe the HVAC issue was with the blend door between floor/dash vents not operating properly or at all, so the flash fixed that issue. RansRam has the three recalls down - I had all of those done on mine and no real issues on my 2010 other than the differential. If they do the outer tie rod ends, just make sure they reset the toe on the alignment. I had to remind my dealership to address that.
My understanding is that the HVAC recall had something to do with end of travel on the door mechanism, re flash fixed the software to prevent possible damage to the doors by driving them beyond their limits.
Concerning tie rods agree make sure they setup the toe properly. Alignment was not included for me and they really messed up my tow and through my steering wheel off. I fixed mine myself rather than take it back to those clowns.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black/sandstone
Rep:38
Kindanocturnal is on a distinguished road

It has not been a recall but my rear tie rods seals went out at 42000 miles. The dealership says they had not heard about it and of course did not warranty it. I purchased some aftermarket ones who told me they have had a influx in ordering of replacement rears for the ram. The shop did the swap out has had four so far with the same problem in the past 6 months and says it has been a problem on the jeeps for the past few years.

I do tow a fair amount which may be a contributing factor, just not certain and hope the problem is solved.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:49 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome! Congrats on the new truck! Can't add anything to what's already been said except post some pics!
Old 08-15-2014, 08:26 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT CREW CAB
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
CCeastside is on a distinguished road

on my 2010 SLT CC with 87,000 as of monday it will be the second outer tie rod ends put on mine, both under warranty , recall first, and now again and i'm still covered. mine is a street driven plus very well cared for, so i'd be checkin that front end for sure... should be doing plugs every 30k and copper only{freakin 2014 and were changing plugs every 30k. only the trucks, word for this is F'ING STUPID imo of course....} but mine is still a sweet ride runs good got the 3:55's in the rearend and i do a lot of hwy drivin so MPG is very nice surprise bottom line really still love my Ram .... wanting to put a edge torque converter in, it's not all hwy drivin...lol.... been fightin it for a month or so...WANT IT!!!! ... so stay tuned....