DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Towing

Notices

Towing 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Towing Questions

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-14-2014, 01:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 RC/SB
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:398
Butter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really nice

Your going to pull that trailer with ease! Being its a double axle it won't put too much weight on your truck and it will turn slower while backing it up which is a good thing for someone that is new to backing a trailer.
2010 Ram 1500 reg cab swb 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 gears, Flowmaster 40 true duals, 2.5 leveling kit, Bridgestone Dueler 275/55/20 on KMC Skitch Wheels, DeeZee steps, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Weathertech Digital fit floor mats
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2014, 01:36 AM
Watch it crash and burn

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy360 View Post
Hook up and forget about it.. Just be smart when your driving.. I've had 12'000lbs behind my 2012 1500 pulled pretty decent
Just pushin er to the limit
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 02-14-2014, 01:40 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Granite
Rep:500
dodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Just pushin er to the limit
Hahaha and then some! Lol but when a job needs to get done its gotta get done.. Lol after all that's why I bought a dodge ram right lol
Old 02-14-2014, 01:40 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:15
ksgries is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hook up and forget about it.. Just be smart when your driving.. I've had 12'000lbs behind my 2012 1500 pulled pretty decent
what did you pull? my cousin wants me to try to move his Regulator 29FS. Id say with the trailer it comes out to be just under 12000 pounds. Id probably be taking it 40 miles max.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:44 AM
Watch it crash and burn

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgries View Post
what did you pull? my cousin wants me to try to move his Regulator 29FS. Id say with the trailer it comes out to be just under 12000 pounds. Id probably be taking it 40 miles max.
You have a brake controller, experience towing heavy?
Dodgeboy also has the timbers in the back to help with the ride.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:44 AM

dodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgries View Post
I didn't scale it but a ball park weight I'm guessing around 12g lbs and it was all fire wood and a 10ton dump trailer on the back

Here's a picture I only drove it about 5-10 mins down the county roads
Old 02-14-2014, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
You have a brake controller, experience towing heavy?
Dodgeboy also has the timbers in the back to help with the ride.
When I did this I didn't have the brake controller(shhh don't tell the mto) but I do have it now and the timbrens do help out huge.. With out them my tires woulda been higher then the top of the box sides lol
Old 02-14-2014, 01:47 AM
Watch it crash and burn

Quote:
I didn't scale it but a ball park weight I'm guessing around 12g lbs and it was all fire wood and a 10ton dump trailer on the back

Here's a picture I only drove it about 5-10 mins down the county roads
Wood.. so much wood.

Ksgries, another thing you have to watch out for is police. As dodgeboy stuck to country roads, he was able to avoid the issue. Seeing as the truck is considered overweight for a 1500, there are some nasty tickets and fines.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:49 AM
Watch it crash and burn

Quote:
When I did this I didn't have the brake controller(shhh don't tell the mto) but I do have it now and the timbrens do help out huge.. With out them my tires woulda been higher then the top of the box sides lol
the brake controller wouldn't have helped in the case of the MTO.. The truck itself is a 1/2 ton. When passed the weight load there are some big tickets, because technically you are putting yourself and everyone else at danger.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:50 AM

If there's not much tong weight and it's on a trailer.. The truck should and will have no problem moving it but just slow down way way before u need to stop and just be smart about it..most Accidents and mistakes can be prevented with some common sense