DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Black Express CC
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
Thumper14 is on a distinguished road
Question Not really pleased with Flowmaster super 10

Hey fellas - So I purchased my truck new in January and went straight to the exhaust shop to throw an exhaust on it. Single chamber SI/DO 10 series flowmaster and deleted the resonators. Had my friend drive it (floor it, really) while I was standing outside to see what it sounds like. It's loud - just like I wanted it. However, when I'm driving around town and I hit a certain RPM when accelerating it sounds like it get's really tinny. Don't get me wrong, it's still loud as hell if I'm under a bridge or parking garage but I didn't exactly want to sound like a race-car. I was aiming for a really loud, and deep, truck sound. I'm not exactly sure how it sounds on the outside (completely), but to me it just isn't deep enough of a rumble. Is there anything out there that I can get a good rumble from this Hemi and still have it as loud as a I need it? I want the sound of a dumped exhaust except I want it exiting through my rear pipes... And I don't want to run straight pipes, or split rears or remove any cats. I live in Texas, so getting pulled over for sound isn't really a problem. Thanks so much and sorry for the long post!
Flowmaster Super 10 SI/DO w/ Resonators Deleted | 7" Maxtrac Lift | 35x12.50r20 Toyo Open Country A/T II Extreme on stock Black 20x9 Rims | Stubby Antenna | LED Interior | K&N Drop-in | Black Go Rhino 4" Oval Nerf Bars | HEMI Matte-Black Vinyl
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Copenhagen Angel is on a distinguished road

Flowmaster 40 series is the way to go. I put one on mine and I love it! It has the deep rumble ur looking for
Old 03-11-2014, 02:54 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2826
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Im running the super 44 which is louder then the 40 but not louder then the 10. It has a great sound and nice rumble.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Copenhagen Angel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Im running the super 44 which is louder then the 40 but not louder then the 10. It has a great sound and nice rumble.
agreed!!!!! I do love the sound of the 44!
Old 03-11-2014, 03:40 PM

Hmmm... so the 44 will get me the rumble I need? I like the loudness of the 10, but it really get's to poppin' and sounds pretty tinny (almost like a sSUPER loud rice burner) when you get on it...... What if I got longer tips (like 12") and threw a Y-pipe on there - will that do anything or should I just go with the 44 and leave it be? I'm only asking because I don't want it to get any less loud, just less tinny sounding - Like that classic dumped Ram sound (which is part of the reason I went to Ram from a Tundra which is hard to make loud). Thanks again!
Flowmaster Super 10 SI/DO w/ Resonators Deleted | 7" Maxtrac Lift | 35x12.50r20 Toyo Open Country A/T II Extreme on stock Black 20x9 Rims | Stubby Antenna | LED Interior | K&N Drop-in | Black Go Rhino 4" Oval Nerf Bars | HEMI Matte-Black Vinyl
Old 03-11-2014, 03:45 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light
Default Not really pleased with Flowmaster super 10

i have a cherry bomb extreme, close to a 10 series and im VERY happy with the sound...but i also left my res on...
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 03-11-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnu View Post
i have a cherry bomb extreme, close to a 10 series and im VERY happy with the sound...but i also left my res on...
Yeah, I was thinking about that too - I wonder if me taking off the resonators actually hurt the sound instead of making it more aggressive... I was also thinking about running true duals but I'm not too sure about that - I had that setup on my Tundra and it wasn't very loud at all, and it was dumped - unless you gunned it.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:10 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2826
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

If you go to the video section of the forum I have posted 2 videos of me doing drivebys. Just look at the threads I made. I would post them or make a new one but I am currently a few hours away picking up my new work 2014 cummins lol.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:20 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Are you running around in town in your highest gear ?
In town i don't use the highest gear, because doing that allows the MDS to engage & when it engages, it sounds terrible to me & apparently to everyone walking along the street.
Some people use the Tow/Haul mode in town, that also keeps the MDS from engaging
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 03-11-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
If you go to the video section of the forum I have posted 2 videos of me doing drivebys. Just look at the threads I made. I would post them or make a new one but I am currently a few hours away picking up my new work 2014 cummins lol.
New Cummins?? Lucky dog. And yeah, I'll swing by the video section and see if I can't pull up your drive-by vids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Are you running around in town in your highest gear ?
In town i don't use the highest gear, because doing that allows the MDS to engage & when it engages, it sounds terrible to me & apparently to everyone walking along the street.
Some people use the Tow/Haul mode in town, that also keeps the MDS from engaging
Hey Yankee - I HATE the MDS so yes, I drive with around town with the autostick on 6.... that is cancelling out the MDS, right (don't see the eco letters coming on)? Should I bump it down to a lower gear when I'm cruising in town?