DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: big horn
Color: maximum steel
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
chrswekng is on a distinguished road
Default anybody install Kicker PRAMCQ09 Soundgate Powerstage

Hey guys I was just curious if anybody here has installed the Kicker PRAMCQ09 Soundgate Powerstage Upgrade Sound Sytem in their truck. I have been reading a lot of guys installed the sramcq09 but nothing about this one. I have a 2013 1500 crew cab and I am recently bought this setup at hificonnection for an offer of 750.00 and I plan on upgrading my door and dash speakers to kickers as well as soon as I figure out which ones I should get.
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport w/ Rambox
Color: Black
lightningbolt is on a distinguished road

I just installed the Sramcqo9 this weekend, I can't use the one you bought as I have the Alpine system Anyway, with new kicker components in the front and two ways in the back, it sounds pretty amazing. The sub that comes with the sram is really loud!
How did your install go and how does it sound?
Old 04-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Rep:92
Graygoose will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrswekng View Post
Hey guys I was just curious if anybody here has installed the Kicker PRAMCQ09 Soundgate Powerstage Upgrade Sound Sytem in their truck. I have been reading a lot of guys installed the sramcq09 but nothing about this one. I have a 2013 1500 crew cab and I am recently bought this setup at hificonnection for an offer of 750.00 and I plan on upgrading my door and dash speakers to kickers as well as soon as I figure out which ones I should get.
You wont be able to install the front 4.1, the harness from the 2013 radios and up changed, and they wont hook up to your radio. The sub will, the front amp will not.

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats
Old 04-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

So Graygoose, why can't the amp that comes with the pramcqo9 be installed in trucks with the alpine system? Why just the sub, and is there any amp for the speakers that will work with this system? When i installed the sramcqo9 in my truck I thought the amp was for the speakers, but I guess it's just for the sub?

Any suggestions?
Old 04-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Yours is a 2012, the 4.1 will work on 09-12's...just not the front 4.1 on the '13 and '14's.

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats
Old 04-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

All the places state that it can't be used with trucks with the factory alpine system. Can I just buy the speaker amp on it's own now that i already bought the sramcqo9 with the sub and sub amp?
Old 04-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: big horn
Color: maximum steel
chrswekng is on a distinguished road

well I just got off the phone with kicker and they confirmed it, the pramcq09 4.1 amp for the door speakers will not work because of the harness. damn wish I would have known this before I ordered it, now I either keep it and wait and hope they make a harness that will work or return it and pay a 20% restock fee. I wonder if there is a way to just splice into the wires instead of using a harness. anybody know if this would work?
Old 04-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
well I just got off the phone with kicker and they confirmed it, the pramcq09 4.1 amp for the door speakers will not work because of the harness. damn wish I would have known this before I ordered it, now I either keep it and wait and hope they make a harness that will work or return it and pay a 20% restock fee. I wonder if there is a way to just splice into the wires instead of using a harness. anybody know if this would work?
It's more than just the harness, it's software changes as well. You could sell it, that 4.1 and harness will work in any base audio 2009 thru 2012.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningbolt View Post
All the places state that it can't be used with trucks with the factory alpine system. Can I just buy the speaker amp on it's own now that i already bought the sramcqo9 with the sub and sub amp?
The Kicker amp for now cannot replace the 12 channel Alpine, if thats what you mean.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Apologize, I have emailed notification so they note in the system that the Powerkit will not work with the 13's and 14's.