DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-31-2014, 08:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1998 1500 sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
deathwobble is on a distinguished road
Angry It be stallin!

So today my son and I were going to ride the ATV. To get to were we want to go there is a very steep hill (its paved if your curious). I get almost to the top i'm in 3rd gear about 3500 rpm and my truck has a hiccup and I lose all power for a quick second comes back make it to the top of the hill and it is running fine after the hiccup. I make a left turn and it dies, and really struggles to start again and when it does fire up it sounds like its running on 4 cylinders then dies. I do that a few more times and it finally starts and is running right, it reved like nothing happened. I put in gear and as soon as I put a load on it, it stalls and is a !@#$% to get it started again. But it did I drove about another 500 yards and it dies....Again. this time it wont even fire. just cranks and cranks. I turned the key and you can hear the pump prime, I checked the coil and it seams to be working (it was a poorly done road side test) I unplugged the all the sensors on the throttle body cleaned them up a bit and plugged them back it and let it sit for about 15 min. Tried to start it again and it started, the idle bounced around and it died.........again. I started it one more time ran fine, crawled to the trail, unloaded the ATV (I made it this far we were going riding) let it sit for the two and a half hour ride came back, and it started right away and the drive home was completely uneventful. No shudders, hiccups, nothing. Just a smooth 45 min drive home.....I'm at a loss because now it is running like nothing ever happened

It's a 1998 1500 5.2l with the 5speed, with a screamin demon ignition, 3" cat back and a perma cool electric fan. The battery has a full charge and the alternator is working perfectly and the ATV is about 800lbs, but it's never had trouble moving it around before. You guys have any ideas?
Sponsored links
Old 05-31-2014, 09:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1998 1500 sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
deathwobble is on a distinguished road

Sorry i just realized this is not the 5.2 section I meant to put this in.