DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Media Zone > Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos

Notices

Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos Post pictures of your Dodge Ram here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Long View Post
I just put the yellow lamin-x light covers on my fogs tonight, they are too small so the light is yellow but if you look at the truck you can see white light around the edges. I might take the bumper off and buy some yellow tint and do it myself, or maybe I'll just order a 2500k HID kit for the fogs.
I had the same issue with my 3rd gen fogs. Ordered fog light tint from Lamin-x and they were too small so you could see different colored light around the edges. I complained to them and sent a pic of the issue and at my request they sent me two universal sheets for free. Installed and then trimmed it myself and I have loved it ever since. I went with "optic blue" on my silver truck. Their stuff is really thick and very high quality but apparently they are having problems with their sizing. I thought it was an isolated issue but now that doesn't seem to be the case. I would highly recommend Lamin-x to anyone but would recommend the universal sheets that you can cut yourself instead of the precut stuff.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Sponsored links
Old 06-09-2014, 05:08 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 RCSB
Color: Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:69
USAF Long will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to USAF Long

So you tinted them with window tint, did you just trim a piece slightly bigger than the light and then squeegee it on and then trim the excess off with a razor blade? Or did you trim them to the lights and switch sides from left to right for your patterns when installing the tint since you can't put the tint inside the light like you could with a car window.

Looks good. Are those HID fog light bulbs?

Here's mine, you can't tell from the pic but up close there are a lot of bubbles and and fingerprints since I didn't pull the bumper off, I'm hoping the bubbles go away in a few days, I even used my drivers license to squeegee the water out since I sprayed the lights and the film with water. Probably should have used soapy water like window tinting does but the instructions said not to use soap. They didn't move around easy on the light even with water so I had to pull and re-stick them a few times til I got them looking decent. I'm not really happy with the results. The pic looks better than they do in person.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ram laminx.jpg (123.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by USAF Long; 06-09-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:54 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Black Express
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:28
BlkXpress25 is on a distinguished road

I cut squares out of the window tint roll that were closer to the size but still a little bigger, and applied the square to the fog lights. I didn't apply any liquid/spray, but I should have. I have small bubbles but not too noticeable unless you are an inch away from it. I applied it extremely slowly and used my license as I went along.

Trimmed up the edges with a utility knife. Not perfect, but you cant see the edges because of the bumper.

They are my normal lights, no HIDs. Yet. Still deciding on that one.