DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > MOPAR NATION - Dodge Ram Club Regional Chapters! > Mid Atlantic

Notices

Mid Atlantic DC, DE,MD, NC, PA, VA, WV

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 RAM
Trim Level: long horn
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
MIKEY2 is on a distinguished road
Angry 2014 pro charger tuning

I have been unable to find someone in my area to do the tune on my 2014. Getting pissed have had truck at 2 different shops since my last post 5 WEEKS!!! and seems they can't get it done. Not sure if the problem is with pro charger or with deaiblo but both shops seem to hit a wall.Current shop is getting help from Mike Powell in Pa. but so far no tune. Can anyone help, I really need to get my truck back on the road for work.Need to know if there is a tune written for my truck.
Sponsored links
Old 04-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Saltillo Express is on a distinguished road

I've used Dave Kaspar for years, who's over at Arrington now. But had a guy jump my shyt on another forum that Kaspar doesn't know anything about FI and there's a guy named AJ there at Arrington that is their FI blower turbo tuning guy. AJ. Don't know his last name or anymore. Hope this helps.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 RAM
Trim Level: long horn
Color: white
MIKEY2 is on a distinguished road

Still no tune for my truck. Shop is working with Deabilo programmer but Deabilo guy can't get it done. Procharger should have never sold a "Complete Kit" For A 2014 RAM unless it is in fact a complete kit!! Will Update soon.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
ff2024 is on a distinguished road

It's been almost 2 months, any luck with a tune yet? I was looking at getting a Procharger but not sold on it yet.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport 4x4
Color: GCM
nolimits76 is on a distinguished road

First off, AJ @ Arrington does kick ass work! You would be in very good hands with AJ. He frequents some of the Challenger forums, and several of the Challenger guys use him as he is on the breaking edge of tuning, motor builds, etc.

Another kick ass tuner is Mike Doban at OST. Lots of really fast guys have their $$$ engine builds trusted to Mike and he is doing phenomenal work. Also, he participates in the communities. I just asked him about tuning my '14 Ram (stock for now) and he said it wouldn't be a problem. In the PM he mentioned he had tuned several blown Rams already.

http://www.ostdyno.com/index.html

There are some other good tuners out there, but the majority of guys I know are using either AJ or Mike for their builds (stock, strokers, single & twin turbos, Maggies, Kenne Belles, Procharger, etc).
Old 06-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn Crew Cab
Color: Gray
Rep:13
earlzach is on a distinguished road

Several years back DC wasnt going to share critical codes for charger tuning. Kenny Bell dropped the blower for the ram, And Magna charger also couldnt get support. Also dropped the charger.

Later out came STS turbo or something like that that mounted under the bed near the muffler. I know personnaly a Purchaser / sales rep and he never got his working correctly and it all came down to lack of ability to tune correctly.

He put over 8000.00 in trying to make it work, First off the 'Complete kit", then came a tuner with very little help with no mapping just shift points and raised top speed and a couple hundred RPM's before the rev limiter.
These setting provided in tuners are not mapping.
After this he swapped out all of the injectors for I believe a mustang version for increased fuel, Then had a custom fuel rail made for increased volume to feed the injectors. And the list goes on and on.

Im not saying he never had it running, he did. The biggest problem was over 8000.00 and it wasnt hardly any faster in the 1/4 due to how much power was robbed to spin up the turbo by the time it wanted to get busy the 1/4 was over. I think he got into the low 14s. Shame is some guys were getting there with bolt ons and tuner settings. The small stuff.

I cant say I know for sure if Ram is cooperating now with the after market for performance but I know 10 years ago they said NO!
I have never bought a tuner for the ram. The last one I saw has preset uploads IE: premium octain setting. So I set it to 91 octain go fill it up and then what? Im sure the higher rev shift points and top eliminator can give the idea of greater performance but I really doubt anyone feels 7 hp gains. Most tuners I saw back then said for best results use with CIA and improve exhaust flow. Welp, theres your 7 hp. and 10ftlbs tq.

I love Ram trucks there just isnt a real performance after market that really makes a difference yet.

Then again im fine with stock.