DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-25-2014, 09:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
SShadow1974 has a spectacular aura aboutSShadow1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default Well I got to use...

...my printed out "You Park Like an Arsehole" card today.

So I'm sitting in the parking lot of the grocery store, waiting for my wife to come out, when a van pulls in beside me.
Now, let me set the picture here... I've left 2 spots between me and the next closest vehicle and there are MANY (I shiz you not) MANY empty spots available.
So, back to this fat cow in the van... She pulls up beside me and parks about 1.5 feet away from the side of my truck. First thing to enter my brain - she's going to hit the side of my truck when she gets out. So I'm looking at her look out the side window (we're parked opposite to each other, so her front door opens at my rear door)... And she proceeds to open her door, hit my truck, get out, close her door and she starts walking away - AFTER LOOKING ME RIGHT IN THE EYES!
I open my door and say "Hey, you hit my truck!"
And her reply, and I shit you not, was "So? I didn't leave a mark." and she walks away.
HOOOOOOOOOOOOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CRAP...
(taking a breath here writing this because I am misspelling every other word)

So, I pull my truck ahead into the next spot, so I wouldn't hit HER van - did I mention there were a bloody tonne of empty spots? - and look at the side of my truck. Well, her eyes must be helluva lot better than mine because I wouldn't be able to tell if there was a mark or not because it rained last night and there was a layer of road dust dried on the side of the truck.
Grabbed a microfibre towel out of the truck and wipe down the side and there isn't a mark. Damned lucky for her.

But she did get my "You Park Like An *******" card... Ticked off "Park Close Enough" and "Other" to which I let her know that she is a bitch, there were plenty of more parking spots available and that she should be more considerate to other people.

A simple, "OMG, I'm sorry" would have resolved the whole thing. Stuff happens and if you apologize and you haven't taken off the side of my vehicle, I'm going to let it go.

Rant over, but I'm still POed.
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2014, 10:15 AM

Vehicle: Blue
Rep:3934
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

You were a lot nicer about it than I would have been. I would have gotten out of my vehicle and had words. I don't care that I am A) female and B) small, hasn't stopped me in the past.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:36 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 95
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future

I have two books of fake parking tickets that I use (they go into detail on how much I hate them). I make sure to fill in the plate number etc... so they can't put it on someone else's vehicle.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
SShadow1974 has a spectacular aura aboutSShadow1974 has a spectacular aura about

Well by the time I had the truck pulled ahead and got out, she was in the store. If there had been damage, I would have parked my butt there until she came back out - then there would have been words.
But since there was no mark, I figured the "note" would be the best option. You never know what kind of psychopathic freak you may be dealing with. Plus I had to get my wife to work and I had to get back to work as well.
Hmmm... Filling in the plate number is a good idea. I am going to do that next time. Might make them think that I am reporting them... even if I am not.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

That's when you cut the valve stems on the tires.and say
Oh SORRY

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:05 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Gold Pearlcoat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:38
rcmpvet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadow1974 View Post
...my printed out "You Park Like an Arsehole" card today.

So, back to this fat cow in the van...
Now I have to take offense to this...as documented on Mythbusters a bull in a china shop does miss all the displays and is surprisingly adept at moving around the shop without hitting anything. And to be politically correct I will assume when you say cow you are also generally referring to the species as opposed to gender.

So an apology is now expected for my favourite bull "Billy Bob Quincy", AKA BBQ.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:33 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I walked out of a business twice within the last month & believe it or not, another vehicles passenger side was so close that there was no way for me to even open my drivers door enough to put a leg in, much less my body.

I even checked my rear bumper & quarter panel for damage

One of the people had just gone inside of a Burger joint & got food to go, i waited for him to move & instead of starting his vehicle, he opened his windows & started making phone calls.
I had been standing at my tailgate all of that time, 2 police were not 30 feet away & watched the whole thing, one of the officers suggested that i tell him to move. IF i had said anything at that point, it is possible that i would have been put in custody, i was not a happy camper
Possibly the worst part was that i wanted a cigarette to calm myself down, but there is a No Smoking in Public Policy in my town
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-25-2014, 06:52 PM

Vehicle: no car
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:3238
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't fathom how many of these jerks are out there.

I work at a marina. There are no "lined" parking spaces. You just try & park where you can. I always park my truck WAY away from where any of the boaters park, but yesterday one of the sailboat owners pulls in with his wife & two kids. He's driving an old brown Toyota with scratches, a dent in the roof, and a busted tail light. So what does he do? Yup. He pulls up about 2 feet from my truck, and the kids whip open the back doors. The door missed hitting my front fender by about a 1/4 inch.

Since I work there, I just shook my head, got in my truck and moved about 40' away from them. That would have been the end of it, but the wife says to me real smart-ass like: "Oh, are we bothering you by parking here?" I said to her: No, I just don't want my truck looking like YOUR car.

Again, I work there, so my choice of words to her was severely limited.

Where do all these idiots come from?
Old 04-25-2014, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 2011 ram slt quad cab
Trim Level: slt
Color: bright silver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:19
11silverslt is on a distinguished road

Those are all valid issues and also the reason I keep a pair of electricians pliers in my truck for removing valve stems. Sucks to be stupid, sucks worse to come back to your car and have four unfixable flats.......
Old 04-25-2014, 09:41 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2802
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

You hook up the tow strap and drive off without realizing its there. Stupid idiots.
Tow mirrors up for the haters