DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2002 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 2WD
Trim Level: ST
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:76
KelseytheDodgeGirl will become famous soon enough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Your truck is lookin killer. Silver rams with black plasti dipp look amazing
Hey thanks! I have to agree with you there. I just had an awesome idea for a design on the hood, worried it might be a little much, but then again... it's Plasti-dip. If I end up not liking it, I can take it off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles24 View Post
That's a sweet, cheap visual mod. I like the red stripes. Thought about doing stripes on mine but I can't decide if I want to go black or anthrocite. I'm doing the wheels anthrocite and I'll decide on the stripe colors if the badges look better black or anthrocite. That's the good thing about plasti dip, it's easy to play with and cheap! Are you doing the bumpers too?
I played around with that color concept too~ was thinking of doing a "two tone Laramie" style plasti-dip job with the anthracite grey.. Might just do it with the black since I'd have to order the grey. The bumpers... I'm not sure. Maybe the rear... but since my front bumper was attacked and mauled by a hitch (thanks to a BMW cutting off the guy in front of me...) I'm not sure I want to draw that kind of attention to it.

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.2L V8 "The Beast"
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 ST 4.7L V8 "Silver"
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L V8 Hemi
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Talking Update!!

Right now I'm waiting for the heat to die down, 90 degrees came way to fast way too suddenly, considering a couple of days ago we had the heat on to keep the house around 66 degrees... So once it simmers down, or maybe tomorrow... I'll be doing more. Till then, this is what I have done. Fixed up some more rust spots on the rear of the bed (That tailgate is next up), and finished the drivers side fender job.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
Giles24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseytheDodgeGirl View Post
I played around with that color concept too~ was thinking of doing a "two tone Laramie" style plasti-dip job with the anthracite grey.. Might just do it with the black since I'd have to order the grey. The bumpers... I'm not sure. Maybe the rear... but since my front bumper was attacked and mauled by a hitch (thanks to a BMW cutting off the guy in front of me...) I'm not sure I want to draw that kind of attention to it.
With my two tone, white/mineral grey, the anthracite should look good. It may be a little darker than the mineral grey but we'll find out. Did you free-hand tape to do the stripes? What are the dimensions?
Old 05-09-2014, 12:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Cool

Quote:
With my two tone, white/mineral grey, the anthracite should look good. It may be a little darker than the mineral grey but we'll find out. Did you free-hand tape to do the stripes? What are the dimensions?
Yeah, that combo should be really good!

For the Stripes--

I opened up the hood and hung newspaper from the hood down, so I could get the color under the edge of the hood when it's closed.

On the first stripe I did, I eyeballed the slant/angle, then laid the second piece of tape down 6 inches away from the first, measuring multiple times.
Then for the middle, I used a piece of half inch tape and measured it after eyeballing it to make sure that it was even.
(So unless I'm sleep deprived and crazy, that makes each stripe 2.75 inches wide....)
For the other side, it took longer because I measured the distances from the stripes to the gap in the door so they would be in the same area& look uniform, marked it off with expo marker (after making doubly sure that it would come off), then repeated the same process.
It's not perfect, but as long as it looks good, right?

(besides, if someone gets after it with a ruler and says something isn't right... I feel that that is reason enough to punch them.)
I only took them down to where the black would meet it, not sure exactly how long they are. Hope I wrote that out clear enough.
It makes sense to me since I did it... ah well, let me know if it's unclear, Giles24!

When I put the plasti-dip down, the first few coats did not go up to the tape. Then I put a really thick coat down and pulled the tape off while it was wet. (I pulled part of the stripe off of my 'test model' by accident because the Dip started to dry, lol)

Old 05-09-2014, 12:51 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not perfect, but as long as it looks good, right?

(besides, if someone gets after it with a ruler and says something isn't right... I feel that that is reason enough to punch them.)
As long as it looks good and YOU like it, who give a rats patootie what anyone else thinks.

Yes, punch them, square in the nose... then tell them your Uncle Roger would like to have a conversation with them.

Last edited by RogerRamJet; 05-09-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2744
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
As long as it looks good and YOU like it, who give a rats patootie what anyone else thinks.

Yes, punch them, square in the nose... then tell them your Uncle Roger would like to have a conversation with them.
Uncle Rog if she is already throwing the punches, may as well finish the job off and let you enjoy a cold one and relax :P
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 05-09-2014, 10:32 AM
God Bless Texas!

RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Uncle Rog if she is already throwing the punches, may as well finish the job off and let you enjoy a cold one and relax :P
Popping the tab now!!!

This is gonna be good...
Old 05-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
Giles24 is on a distinguished road

I hope it's....red stripe beer...bu dum tiss!!

And yes Kelsey, that was clear. I just wanted kind of an estimate. I didn't want to guess and not like it and re-do a few times lol thanks!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Talking

Quote:

I go by that philosophy a lot!
&Sounds like a plan, man!

Quote:
Yeah yeah, I'm stuck doing all the 'work' lol, it's good to know I have the back up if I need it though!

Quote:
Popping the tab now!!!

This is gonna be good...
hey woah Uncle Rog, I haven't even thrown a punch and you're already kicking back?! (though if the mechanic keeps dissing Dodge and Chrysler products... I might have to! :P )

Quote:
I hope it's....red stripe beer...bu dum tiss!!

And yes Kelsey, that was clear. I just wanted kind of an estimate. I didn't want to guess and not like it and re-do a few times lol thanks!
Sorry for being so long winded about that then!
I definitely understand that! Glad to help

And of course, it's raining like crazy today so, no plasti-dip work on the hood today unless it clears up later.. Fingers crossed!
But, I'm done with college until August, so there's that at least!

Old 05-09-2014, 01:23 PM
God Bless Texas!

Quote:
But, I'm done with college until August, so there's that at least!
Awesome! How'd you do on your finals?