DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-07-2014, 12:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2002 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 2WD
Trim Level: ST
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:121
KelseytheDodgeGirl will become famous soon enoughKelseytheDodgeGirl will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
Here are a couple of alternative names that I considered for my truck. Bruno got the nod because it went along with the theme of what we named our cat.
We got him as a kitten and thought he was a she, so we appropriately named the kitten... damn, I forgot what we named the kitten. Anyway, a few months past and the cute, cuddly kitten grew a set of balls. I know the name started with a G, because after the testicle spectacle, I named him Guido. About that time is when I got my truck and we needed a Bruno to go with the Guido. Anyway, yes, yes, to the names. So, since my truck has a black and white theme, Snoopy would have been awesome. Or, my 3 year old grandson is learning his ABC's and I like the the way he goes through LMNOP. So, Eleminow Pee would be a very close 2nd. Just a few thoughts on this overcast Friday morning.

Ah crap! I gotta go to work. Got a big video wall to install today. Talk to you later, Kiddo!
Haha, thanks for sharing, Rog! We threw around 'Thor' today, (because 1. I'm a geek. and 2. 'god of Thunder'. Hemi's got a pretty good rumble to it.)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, speaking of Hemi, It looks like Hemi the cat may have come to us bearing kittens. Just what we need. More cats.

Well, mom wanted to go on a pretty big 'road trip' today, little under 300 miles, I think. So no car stuff, but as a plus, I got some seafoam that was on 'sale' (about $7, which is average around here), Meguiar's deep Crystal car wash (one from walmart, and another in a kit from autozone), sponges, microfibers, and some tire/trim treatment which brand's name escapes me.
Got home and there was a biiiiiig ole box waiting for me. Bumpers here, as well as brackets, though I think I need another mounting part, something looks bent under there... and tools to remove and install new. (Waiting till tomorrow is gonna drive me nuts!)

I've got the TV on for background noise and apparently it was a real good thing that we were out of town! Not ten to fifteen minutes away, a guy carjacked a car, took the owner with, ditched that car after awhile, car jacked a new one, also complete with owner. That car broke down and a couple guys in a truck stopped to help and he then stole their truck (considering the area, I'm surprised that no one shot him, but anyway) Cops were able to stop him with stop-sticks and he shot himself in the face. He's in critical condition. Cops went to his house. They found a woman's body. OKAY THAT IS WAY TOO CLOSE TO MY HOME. So Right now, I'm working on flipping out and trying to get a hold of my acquaintances that live in the area. Gah.

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.2L V8 "The Beast"
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 ST 4.7L V8 "Silver" Build thread
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L V8 Hemi
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2014, 02:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

KelseytheDodgeGirl will become famous soon enoughKelseytheDodgeGirl will become famous soon enough
Cool

Okay.
I really, really need to work on making a build thread. But tomorrow.. no, crap. Later today, maybe. Though technically this does involve plasti-dip, so it can go here too.

Took me like 4 days to get the darn bumper off, then find out I needed another type of brackets (I knew this, too!) because --duh-- there is two kinds.
Sooooo, My new bumper is on, but it's crooked because of the twisted brackets. Replacements scheduled to be here on Friday.

Thanks to Roger for getting me the part numbers I needed and to... Roger the parts store owner for loaning me a HD 1/2 inch driver and accompanying 18mm socket, to everyone who chimed in on how the heck to get the seized bolts off -- PB Blaster is now my best friend--... and everyone else that I'm forgetting that helped with this undertaking.

Before and after, and a comparison of original trim to Plasti-dipped trim

Being bored and sticking a trouble light in the bumper -- I really want those LED's...

Bumper progression

Final product

Yee haw! Had to get creative at times to fix it and do it 'right', but it's done (for now, until I get a hold of those brackets!) I Dipped the trim (took almost two hole cans for the three pieces!) because I wanted it to look new (got lucky and the dents in the fascia straightened out), but didn't want to pay for new. The grey trim pieces didn't match the rest of the truck anyway...

And, something I'm chewing on-- replacing headlights are on a back burner though, probably won't happen any time soon...

Saw the truck while I was out. Should have got out and taken a picture of the sides... Red on the top, Orange 'celtic' like designs through the middle, and the 'gunmetal' grey on the bottom. I also like his headlights. The small pic on the right are the ones I'm thinking about....

WEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL,
Now that I've written a book...
Got some clear dip, two white's and four more blacks.
I'm armed!

Old 06-12-2014, 03:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: ST with Ram Box
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:37
res1551cue is on a distinguished road

Kelsey,

How well does the clear dip work? Thought about using it for my ram emblems and wheels when I get around to doing them.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Lightbulb Clear Dip

Quote:
Originally Posted by res1551cue View Post
Kelsey,

How well does the clear dip work? Thought about using it for my ram emblems and wheels when I get around to doing them.
Dustin-
I haven't actually tried the stuff yet. I have heard success stories, and then horror stories (there again, I've also had horror stories of my own with regular black dip.

I probably should have gotten more than one can, as I was considering doing the front end of the '06 hemi. Mainly I got it to try with interior Dipping as the red I wanted to use leaves a light stain of color (unless I just need to clean it more thoroughly....)
I will let you know once I find anything out!

Old 06-12-2014, 03:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseytheDodgeGirl View Post
Dustin-
I haven't actually tried the stuff yet. I have heard success stories, and then horror stories (there again, I've also had horror stories of my own with regular black dip.

I probably should have gotten more than one can, as I was considering doing the front end of the '06 hemi. Mainly I got it to try with interior Dipping as the red I wanted to use leaves a light stain of color (unless I just need to clean it more thoroughly....)
I will let you know once I find anything out!
I have heard good and bad as well. I havent found a place that sells the clear dip either. That sucks that the red has stained your interior. Could probably use some paint thinner and see if it helps take the stain out.

I used to have my RAM 1500 badges PD'd but when I went to wax it I got the cloth caught on one of the edges and it came off. So I decided to take all the badges off. Havent had any issues with my ram heads on the grille and tailgate.

I am hoping I can get the wheels done in the next week or two. Being on call all the time kinda ruins my plans for anything.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by res1551cue View Post
I have heard good and bad as well. I havent found a place that sells the clear dip either. That sucks that the red has stained your interior. Could probably use some paint thinner and see if it helps take the stain out.

I used to have my RAM 1500 badges PD'd but when I went to wax it I got the cloth caught on one of the edges and it came off. So I decided to take all the badges off. Havent had any issues with my ram heads on the grille and tailgate.

I am hoping I can get the wheels done in the next week or two. Being on call all the time kinda ruins my plans for anything.
Have you checked a Menards? The couple that are near enough for me to visit have the 'blaze' colors-- bright blue, bright purple, fluorescent orange, fluorescent yellow, hot pink, lime/acid green for about $10 a can. Then they have SMOKE and glossifier for about $7, as well as black, grey, red, white and clear for 6$-- cheaper than Walmart and best prices I've found, at least here in NW Indiana...

Luckily, the pieces that stained come out of the door easily and if I decide it bothers me, I could replace. I think I'll just put the dip back on. But like I said, I might put a coat of clear down first to see if that prevents further staining.

Good luck Dipping, hope you get them done soon! Be SURE to post pictures when you do get them done!

Old 06-12-2014, 03:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseytheDodgeGirl View Post
Have you checked a Menards? The couple that are near enough for me to visit have the 'blaze' colors-- bright blue, bright purple, fluorescent orange, fluorescent yellow, hot pink, lime/acid green for about $10 a can. Then they have SMOKE and glossifier for about $7, as well as black, grey, red, white and clear for 6$-- cheaper than Walmart and best prices I've found, at least here in NW Indiana...

Luckily, the pieces that stained come out of the door easily and if I decide it bothers me, I could replace. I think I'll just put the dip back on. But like I said, I might put a coat of clear down first to see if that prevents further staining.

Good luck Dipping, hope you get them done soon! Be SURE to post pictures when you do get them done!
I dont know if we have a Menards here in the Greater STL area of Illinois but I will check. I know Lowes and HD both do the florescent colors but I dont know about the clear.

I will most definitely post pics of when they are done.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I did finally start a build thread for Silver, though I should really sit down and put some pictures in it. so call me lazy.

Been thinking about a few more 'plasti-dip' mods as well....

Old 06-15-2014, 09:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Plasti-Dip is AWESOME!!!! LOL

I have decided I am going to sit down this weekend and do my wheels.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '14 Ram1500 BigHornEcodiesel
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:16
DieselD is on a distinguished road

I just picked up the CLear glossified PlastiDip for the RAM embroidery on the mats.

If you recall, I had already schotchgarded these a few times but I want to go the distance.

So I just bought clear glossified plastidip (I wanted matee but could not find it) Also got thes rustoleum NEVER WET and also Rustomleum had a clear rubber coat as well.

They are all spray cans. Will keep you apprised and take pics.

And BTW, my new truck is named Vixen......Cause I already named my cat Tiberius!